Ed Lamb

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Jobu
BobcatNation Team Captain

Ed Lamb

Post by Jobu » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:23 am

Just a hunch.

Hats for bats. Keeps bats warm.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Re: Ed Lamb

Post by PapaG » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:35 am

He's had two 8-win seasons, two 6-win seasons, and the other four seasons were losing seasons.

That would be a reach, IMO, although I wouldn't be opposed to it, either. SUU was garbage before him. Even Gary Anderson bailed after a 4-7 year there, and their coach prior to Lamb was awful.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

utcatfan
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by utcatfan » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:58 am

Ed Lamb rebuilt that program from the ground up basically and has done a great job getting them up to the Big Sky level. I dont really see him leaving though, SUU is basically a mini version of BYU. And since Ed Lamb is a BYU grad and LDS he might be quite content to stay in Cedar City and Utah.

bertram
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by bertram » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:47 am

With the 10 - 14 day replacement timeline... Lamb most likely will be still be busy with post season playoff action to even consider it. I agree he'd be a perfect fit though.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:18 am

utcatfan wrote:Ed Lamb rebuilt that program from the ground up basically and has done a great job getting them up to the Big Sky level. I dont really see him leaving though, SUU is basically a mini version of BYU. And since Ed Lamb is a BYU grad and LDS he might be quite content to stay in Cedar City and Utah.
He applied for the North Texas job.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

PHAT CAT
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by PHAT CAT » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:12 am

No Thanks.

onceacat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by onceacat » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:26 am

PapaG wrote:He's had two 8-win seasons, two 6-win seasons, and the other four seasons were losing seasons.

That would be a reach, IMO, although I wouldn't be opposed to it, either. SUU was garbage before him. Even Gary Anderson bailed after a 4-7 year there, and their coach prior to Lamb was awful.
Playoffs 2 years ago (after beating us here), crushed by Sammy 51-20. Followed by 3-9 last year, then a successful year this year. 37-43 over the last 8 seasons. How is he an improvement over Ash?

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:31 am

onceacat wrote:
PapaG wrote:He's had two 8-win seasons, two 6-win seasons, and the other four seasons were losing seasons.

Playoffs 2 years ago (after beating us here), crushed by Sammy 51-20. Followed by 3-9 last year, then a successful year this year. 37-43 over the last 8 seasons. How is he an improvement over Ash?
Easy, Ash had one bad year and Lamb had one good year. So they are exact opposites!

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by GoCats18 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:39 pm

No!! So tired of coaches jumping from team to team in the Big Sky. Also, no former Griz coaches, could care less who or how good they are. Finally, good luck to Coach Lamb and the Thunderbirds in the playoffs. Will cheer for SUU and PSU make the Big Sky proud. Awesome to see the Big Sky get 2 teams into the playoffs. (Yes, I know we got 3, but one team is dead to me)

Punters are people too!!