Press Conference

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Press Conference

Post by LTown Cat » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:45 pm

http://msubobcats.com/watch/?Archive=287

Takeaways:
1. Ted Dawson stirs the pot!
2. This was very hard on Fields.
3. Ash didn't agree at all.

Also, the 10-14 day thing is a goal--nothing less, nothing more.

lutecat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Press Conference

Post by lutecat » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:47 pm

What did Teddy do?

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:09 pm

lutecat wrote:What did Teddy do?
I didn't hear it clearly but Fields wasn't amused by the question.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:10 pm

Everyone should watch this press conference. It really puts things into perspective and reinforces the emotional elements of all of this.

Cat_gld
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Cat_gld » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:12 pm

SonomaCat wrote:Everyone should watch this press conference. It really puts things into perspective and reinforces the emotional elements of all of this.
I agree completely.

WeedKillinCat
Member # Retired

Post by WeedKillinCat » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:16 pm

anyone have a link to the PC?

1993 Agronomy
If You Want To Get To Heaven-----You Gotta Raise A Little Hell

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:19 pm

WeedKillinCat wrote:anyone have a link to the PC?
It's in the first post in this thread.

WeedKillinCat
Member # Retired

Post by WeedKillinCat » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:36 pm

SonomaCat wrote:
WeedKillinCat wrote:anyone have a link to the PC?
It's in the first post in this thread.
Duh....thanks

1993 Agronomy
If You Want To Get To Heaven-----You Gotta Raise A Little Hell

TIrwin24

Post by TIrwin24 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:38 pm

I can't stand Fields. He's the equivalent to a talking pile of poo

"I've always followed in my father's footsteps, not necessarily because I wanted to, but because it is in my spirit."

-Singlefin Yellow

GRIZFNZ
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by GRIZFNZ » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:41 pm

Fields should be worried about his own job. After those bumbling, stumbling responses there has to be somebody out there that can better represent the athletic department at your university.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:44 pm

GRIZFNZ wrote:Fields should be worried about his own job. After those bumbling, stumbling responses there has to be somebody out there that can better represent the athletic department at your university.
yeah, that is pretty much what I was thinking the whole time... good luck raising money for a stadium addition with that guy knocking on peoples doors.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:46 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
GRIZFNZ wrote:Fields should be worried about his own job. After those bumbling, stumbling responses there has to be somebody out there that can better represent the athletic department at your university.
yeah, that is pretty much what I was thinking the whole time... good luck raising money for a stadium addition with that guy knocking on peoples doors.
Yes, I was embarrassed for MSU and Cruzado while watching that. I was also embarrassed about being a member of the media. A lot of stupid questions.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

The Butcher
Golden Bobcat

Post by The Butcher » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:48 pm

Peter was not built for press conferences.

I do agree with this quote:

"We have a lot of really good things going here and have to have somebody who’s a really good fit,” Fields said, adding that he “truly believes we should be in the top 10 (nationally) all the time. With the resources we’re putting into it, we should be up there.”

AlphaOAlum

Post by AlphaOAlum » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:51 pm

The Butcher wrote:Peter was not built for press conferences.
I know there is not a lot you and I agree on, but I just burst out laughing. Truer words...

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:52 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:
Yes, I was embarrassed for MSU and Cruzado while watching that. I was also embarrassed about being a member of the media. A lot of stupid questions.
Yeah there were some head scratchers. It's like they had some hidden agenda they were trying to get him to talk himself into. I'm not sure what to make of the whole thing honestly.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:58 pm

CatBlitz wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:
Yeah there were some head scratchers. It's like they had some hidden agenda they were trying to get him to talk himself into. I'm not sure what to make of the whole thing honestly.
There are so many people in the media that want to be "the show" that it is becoming toxic. From the NFL to high school. Just do your job. Report mainly, commentate occasionally, and if you do it well recognition will come your way. It's hard to watch a pre or post game show without wanting to change the channel to South Park or Ancient Aliens or something that is bull $hit and isn't trying not to be.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:01 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:
There are so many people in the media that want to be "the show" that it is becoming toxic. From the NFL to high school. Just do your job. Report mainly, commentate occasionally, and if you do it well recognition will come your way. It's hard to watch a pre or post game show without wanting to change the channel to South Park or Ancient Aliens or something that is bull $hit and isn't trying not to be.
both awesome shows!

"I'm not saying Rob Ash IS an Alien.... but you can't prove that he is NOT an Alien"

FTG- GO CATS GO!

Hi-Line Bobcat

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:03 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:
So true Tom, everybody is looking for the "I gotcha moment".

If your left, you aren’t right.

Potomac Griz

Post by Potomac Griz » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:04 pm

For what it's worth I thought Ted was pretty obnoxious with his questions... Like he's some wannabe Jim Rome trying to elicit an emotional angry response out of Fields instead of asking questions that are good questions.

Is he always like that? I've heard about him before and didn't know it was actually him until Fields addressed him as "Ted". Even before that I was thinking "what an ass.."

Not meaning this as smack talk btw if he's very popular in Bozeman, just tossing my 2 cents out there. Never have been a fan of that type of journalism that tries to manufacture controversy or like someone else in this thread said generate a "gotcha" moment with their questions they can later try to twist into something to write about. Got the impression that "Ted" was trying to do that with his line of questions and wanted Fields to get pissed or say something he shouldn't say.
Last edited by Potomac Griz on Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:07 pm

I'm just glad there's a few people left that still think like I do. :D

toM StUber