Cramsey for head coach?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

griz5700
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: Cramsey for head coach?

Post by griz5700 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:02 pm

bobcatmaniac wrote:
griz5700 wrote:His comments about Pookup only playing for him plus that video of his reaction to the firings...I'm thinking he's not your guys next HC.
If he said that, it shows that he is not mature enough for the job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No I said that.

Cramsey called him Prukop.

lol.

PRIDE - TRADITION - GRIZ
http://goo.gl/A6rsSA

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:03 pm

bobcatmaniac wrote:
griz5700 wrote:His comments about Pookup only playing for him plus that video of his reaction to the firings...I'm thinking he's not your guys next HC.

Yet the Griz guy calling Prukop "Pookup" is obviously mature.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

Bleedinbluengold
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bleedinbluengold » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:05 pm

PapaG wrote:
Bleedinbluengold wrote:
PapaG wrote:
Bleedinbluengold wrote:
Regardless of stats, two other stats in football mean way more: (1) Turnover margin and (2) scoring defense. Were we not at the bottom of the conference and the nation in both?
13 defensive turnovers for the season. 105th nationally.

15 offensive turnovers for the season. 31st nationally.

-2 for the season in TO margin, which was 76th, but it's clear which unit didn't hold up their end on turnovers.

Another example of the offense doing their part while the defense was well below average.
And scoring defense (which is all that matters) was what? Were we better than ETSU even?
Cats were 97th nationally at 34.3.

ETSU was 112th at 37.8.
That's all we need to know, right, to figure out where the weak point was in the 3 phases of the football game?

Montana State IS what "they" think Montana is.

bobcatmaniac
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by bobcatmaniac » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:13 pm

PapaG wrote:
bobcatmaniac wrote:

Yet the Griz guy calling Prukop "Pookup" is obviously mature.
I chose to ignore. The norm on efriz is to misspell names. That in itself is immature. That's all they do tho.

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:22 pm

Bleedinbluengold wrote:
PapaG wrote:
onceacat wrote:
Nutman is absolutely right. Our defense was #8 in the BSC in scoring D. Not great, but better than NAU and EWU both. The offense absolutely lost the game at UND, probably SUU, and had chances to keep it close in Cheney & Flagstaff. Putting up a ton of points in garbage time & against poor to middling defenses does not make a great O.

Q: How many game winning drives did the O put together in the last 2 years? (Answer, 2, one with a backup QB) Out of how many chances?

Q: When the D kept the game close at half, and we were receiving to start the 2nd, how many times did the O close the gap? Not once that I can remember.

This O has utterly failed to seize the moment when the D has made stops and has been an absolute train wreck finishing out halves. And it has been brilliant in putting up points & yards once the game is out of reach. That speaks to some deep seated problems, and has a lot to do with why MSU decided to fire Ash. Cramsey's fingerprints are all over every single loss in the last 2 years (unless he hasn't been allowed to do his own thing and Ash has ruined everything).

I really enjoy this offense, and I like a lot of the things that Cramsey has done: but lets call a spade a spade and admit it is bat spit crazy to even think about promoting Cramsey at this point (given the offensive execution in 3 of the last 4 games, he's lucky to even still be around.)
Nationally:

#1 offense in TDs
#3 offense in yards per game
#5 offense in points per game ... lead the Big Sky by a full touchdown

I can't take you seriously anymore. If this year's team had an Elvis Akpla, Demetrius Crawford, and Shawn Johnson, it would have set records and you'd still be whining about it.

The defense gave up 426 yards RUSHING to North Dakota, by the way, and it's the offense's fault when they put up 38 points and 480 yards of offense on their own? That's the opinion of someone either blinded by bias or ignorant of the game of football.

8th in the Big Sky in defense with 35 points per game given up, with 14 points to D-II Ft. Lewis, 7 points to 2-9 FCS ETSU, and 13 points to 2-9 Sac State being the only games where the opposing offense was held to under 28 points. Whoopity Freaking Doo. Cal-Poly, a 4 win team, was the only other team held under 34 points.
Regardless of stats, two other stats in football mean way more: (1) Turnover margin and (2) scoring defense. Were we not at the bottom of the conference and the nation in both?

#7 in conference in both. Mid 80s in Turnover margin nationally. #97 in scoring D nationally. But, 5 points per game better than EWU, .5 points better than NAU (who lots of posters call out as a great D...) and within .1 ppg (the difference of a missed XP over the course of a season from being #6 in scoring D in conference if I count correctly)

Lots of posters said if we could just be "average" on D, the Cats would be a great team. How is it, if our offense was so great (and statistically speaking, it was...) and our D was in the same class as NAU and EWU (two teams that might have made the playoffs if they won last week...), and, in fact, was better at preventing points than either of those teams, please explain the discrepancy...

Yes, the Cat D was bad (by national standards-pretty average by BSC standards), and the Cat O was, at times, stellar. But the Offense had a handful of big plays in a game, followed by long stretches of 3 & out. Then more 3 & out. Then more 3 & out.

If you don't think the O laid a big egg at UND & NAU (until the game was out of reach...). And SUU and UM, I'm not sure what games you were watching.

In the first half against the Griz, the Cats had 5 drives of 4 plays or less. Plus, a TD on 5 plays and a turnover on downs in 6 plays. 9 drives, 14 points. That is horrendous, no matter how you want to spin it. Yards per play, total points, total yards, etc are all irrelevant in football: What matters is turning possessions into scores.

Against SUU: 3 3 & outs plus an INT in the first half. 4 possessions of 4 or fewer plays. 10 points. More 3 & outs than scores.

At UND in the 2nd half: 6 possessions, 14 points against one of the worst pass Ds in all college football. Total offensive showing 4 turnovers. 3 3 (or 4) &outs. 14 total possessions, 9 of which were 5 plays or fewer (in fairness, 2 were TDs)

I'm too tired to do the math, but I'm willing to bet that 20% of Prukops passing yards on the year came during garbage time at NAU and EWU.

Bottom line is that great offenses perform well against great defenses. Far & away our best performances offensively came against NAU & EWUs backups. Not a playoff offense by any stretch of the imagination. I'm not whining. I'm stating cold hard facts. The offense was, at the same time, sloppy, undisciplined, and incredibly explosive. Those can all roll up in the same team and lead to underwhelming results.

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:23 pm

Bleedinbluengold wrote:
PapaG wrote:
Bleedinbluengold wrote:
PapaG wrote:
Bleedinbluengold wrote:
13 defensive turnovers for the season. 105th nationally.

15 offensive turnovers for the season. 31st nationally.

-2 for the season in TO margin, which was 76th, but it's clear which unit didn't hold up their end on turnovers.

Another example of the offense doing their part while the defense was well below average.
And scoring defense (which is all that matters) was what? Were we better than ETSU even?
But #7 in conference. Considering that we only played 1 OOC team, that puts us squarely average for the teams we played.
Cats were 97th nationally at 34.3.

ETSU was 112th at 37.8.
That's all we need to know, right, to figure out where the weak point was in the 3 phases of the football game?

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:27 pm

onceacat wrote: I'm too tired to do the math, but I'm willing to bet that 20% of Prukops passing yards on the year came during garbage time at NAU and EWU.
How much do you want to bet? :wink:

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

Bleedinbluengold

Post by Bleedinbluengold » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:44 pm

onceacat wrote:
Bleedinbluengold wrote:
PapaG wrote:
onceacat wrote:
Nutman is absolutely right. Our defense was #8 in the BSC in scoring D. Not great, but better than NAU and EWU both. The offense absolutely lost the game at UND, probably SUU, and had chances to keep it close in Cheney & Flagstaff. Putting up a ton of points in garbage time & against poor to middling defenses does not make a great O.

Q: How many game winning drives did the O put together in the last 2 years? (Answer, 2, one with a backup QB) Out of how many chances?

Q: When the D kept the game close at half, and we were receiving to start the 2nd, how many times did the O close the gap? Not once that I can remember.

This O has utterly failed to seize the moment when the D has made stops and has been an absolute train wreck finishing out halves. And it has been brilliant in putting up points & yards once the game is out of reach. That speaks to some deep seated problems, and has a lot to do with why MSU decided to fire Ash. Cramsey's fingerprints are all over every single loss in the last 2 years (unless he hasn't been allowed to do his own thing and Ash has ruined everything).

I really enjoy this offense, and I like a lot of the things that Cramsey has done: but lets call a spade a spade and admit it is bat spit crazy to even think about promoting Cramsey at this point (given the offensive execution in 3 of the last 4 games, he's lucky to even still be around.)
Nationally:

#1 offense in TDs
#3 offense in yards per game
#5 offense in points per game ... lead the Big Sky by a full touchdown

I can't take you seriously anymore. If this year's team had an Elvis Akpla, Demetrius Crawford, and Shawn Johnson, it would have set records and you'd still be whining about it.

The defense gave up 426 yards RUSHING to North Dakota, by the way, and it's the offense's fault when they put up 38 points and 480 yards of offense on their own? That's the opinion of someone either blinded by bias or ignorant of the game of football.

8th in the Big Sky in defense with 35 points per game given up, with 14 points to D-II Ft. Lewis, 7 points to 2-9 FCS ETSU, and 13 points to 2-9 Sac State being the only games where the opposing offense was held to under 28 points. Whoopity Freaking Doo. Cal-Poly, a 4 win team, was the only other team held under 34 points.

#7 in conference in both. Mid 80s in Turnover margin nationally. #97 in scoring D nationally. But, 5 points per game better than EWU, .5 points better than NAU (who lots of posters call out as a great D...) and within .1 ppg (the difference of a missed XP over the course of a season from being #6 in scoring D in conference if I count correctly)

Lots of posters said if we could just be "average" on D, the Cats would be a great team. How is it, if our offense was so great (and statistically speaking, it was...) and our D was in the same class as NAU and EWU (two teams that might have made the playoffs if they won last week...), and, in fact, was better at preventing points than either of those teams, please explain the discrepancy...

Yes, the Cat D was bad (by national standards-pretty average by BSC standards), and the Cat O was, at times, stellar. But the Offense had a handful of big plays in a game, followed by long stretches of 3 & out. Then more 3 & out. Then more 3 & out.

If you don't think the O laid a big egg at UND & NAU (until the game was out of reach...). And SUU and UM, I'm not sure what games you were watching.

In the first half against the Griz, the Cats had 5 drives of 4 plays or less. Plus, a TD on 5 plays and a turnover on downs in 6 plays. 9 drives, 14 points. That is horrendous, no matter how you want to spin it. Yards per play, total points, total yards, etc are all irrelevant in football: What matters is turning possessions into scores.

Against SUU: 3 3 & outs plus an INT in the first half. 4 possessions of 4 or fewer plays. 10 points. More 3 & outs than scores.

At UND in the 2nd half: 6 possessions, 14 points against one of the worst pass Ds in all college football. Total offensive showing 4 turnovers. 3 3 (or 4) &outs. 14 total possessions, 9 of which were 5 plays or fewer (in fairness, 2 were TDs)

I'm too tired to do the math, but I'm willing to bet that 20% of Prukops passing yards on the year came during garbage time at NAU and EWU.

Bottom line is that great offenses perform well against great defenses. Far & away our best performances offensively came against NAU & EWUs backups. Not a playoff offense by any stretch of the imagination. I'm not whining. I'm stating cold hard facts. The offense was, at the same time, sloppy, undisciplined, and incredibly explosive. Those can all roll up in the same team and lead to underwhelming results.
I'll take the 20% bet. Second, you made my point, which was that the stats that matter most in today's football game are (1) Turnover margin and (2) scoring defense. Also, I don't think anyone will argue that the UND game was a total failure on both sides of the ball and I believe Prukop put that loss on himself.

Montana State IS what "they" think Montana is.

codecat
Member # Retired

Post by codecat » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:00 am

Counter Assault wrote:As a program, we will need to take the risk of losing the quarterback to rebuild the program. I would be they try to keep Cramsey as OC for Dakota's senior year as part of any head coaching arrangement. If that doesn't happen, then so be it - Prukop is just being an emotional young guy.
Let me get this right as I'm confused: When Ash is not emotional enough (I'll add visibly here) it is not ok, and Prukop gets blamed for being so?

London Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down, London Bridge is falling down, Bye-Bye Fauci!

Bobcat Sig

Post by Bobcat Sig » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:44 pm

codecat wrote:
Counter Assault wrote:As a program, we will need to take the risk of losing the quarterback to rebuild the program. I would be they try to keep Cramsey as OC for Dakota's senior year as part of any head coaching arrangement. If that doesn't happen, then so be it - Prukop is just being an emotional young guy.
Let me get this right as I'm confused: When Ash is not emotional enough (I'll add visibly here) it is not ok, and Prukop gets blamed for being so?
It must be. Bobcat Nation; home of the double standards.

griz fans; keeping it classy and gracious in winning since ... well, never.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:52 pm

I'd love for Cramsey to stick around at either OC or HC. The question is, if Cramsey applies for the job and someone else is hired, will he be content to put his name in the ring as OC again or are you too far gone at that point.

Kind of reminds of of when Huse beat out Danny Sprinkle and then hired Danny who only stuck around for a year or two after that.

Cat Pride
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Cat Pride » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:45 pm

wbtfg wrote:I'd love for Cramsey to stick around at either OC or HC. The question is, if Cramsey applies for the job and someone else is hired, will he be content to put his name in the ring as OC again or are you too far gone at that point.

Kind of reminds of of when Huse beat out Danny Sprinkle and then hired Danny who only stuck around for a year or two after that.
I'd rather TC be OC than HC. The Griz did the same thing with Ty G being retained by Stitt after Ty was in the running as a finalist. It takes a big man to accept that he was not the right person for the job, hopefully TC has that mentality.