Thank you Coach Ash!

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Camo_Cat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Thank you Coach Ash!

Post by Camo_Cat » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:26 pm

I want to thank you for leading our young men on the football field the last 9 years! While the last few seasons were not what anyone was expecting, you managed to become the all-time career leader in Bobcat victories while maintaining an extremely high level of honor and integrity. We as fans never really had to worry about the integrity of our players on or off the field, we knew that they would graduate, and we knew that they would become leaders in their communities. You took over at a time of very high anxiety in the football program and continued to build on its winning tradition. I'm sure this isn't the way any of us wished it would have ended, but thank you, Gob Bless you, and best wishes in all your future endeavors!

"I love Bozeman. I love these people. I love the Cats. I even love this weather. You think I'm gonna pick Missoula? You're crazy - gimme the Cat head!!" -- Lee Corso, ESPN GameDay

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Re: Thank you Coach Ash!

Post by LTown Cat » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:30 pm

+1

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:30 pm

People quickly forget that when Ash took over the program everything was a giant mess- Drugs, Crime, terrible APR, etc. He really did an amazing job turning the program around.

Definitely an all time Bobcat Great!

FTG- GO CATS GO!

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:32 pm

=D^ =D^ =D^ Coach Ash you have done a wonderful job for Montana State University football as well as the school. Thank you!

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:33 pm

Coach Ash is a great man. He did good things on the field for us, and great things off the field. I wish him the very best, and hope to see him around.

As Rick Neuheisel has said, "In coaching, there is no good dismount". He's right - and it's too bad that these things have to happen to good people. But that is just the way that it is.

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:36 pm

mslacatfan wrote:People quickly forget that when Ash took over the program everything was a giant mess- Drugs, Crime, terrible APR, etc. He really did an amazing job turning the program around.

Definitely an all time Bobcat Great!
=D^

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:37 pm

Thank you coach Ash! An ALL TIME BOBCAT GREAT!

lovethecats
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by lovethecats » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:38 pm

Agree 100% here. Ash was turned the team around from the problems with players to being a team of respectful, respectable young men. Thank for you all that you have done for Montana State, for Bozeman, and for football fans across the state. Wishing you nothing but the best in your future.

ddlalum
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by ddlalum » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:45 pm

Once a Bobcat, always a Bobcat....

Thank you Coach.

BobcatBlood
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by BobcatBlood » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:46 pm

Thank you, Coach. You made a difference in many young lives. You leave Montana State University a much better place. Good luck to you in your next steps. Thanks for never losing your integrity and for putting a team on the field that i was always proud of.

WeedKillinCat
Member # Retired

Post by WeedKillinCat » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:58 pm

Thank you for raising the talent level of our recruits and making MSU a model of how student athletes should be.

1993 Agronomy
If You Want To Get To Heaven-----You Gotta Raise A Little Hell

Bobcatbrawn
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Bobcatbrawn » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:04 pm

BobcatBlood wrote:Thank you, Coach. You made a difference in many young lives. You leave Montana State University a much better place. Good luck to you in your next steps. Thanks for never losing your integrity and for putting a team on the field that i was always proud of.
+1 +1 +1
Thank you Coach Ash.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:26 pm

Camo_Cat wrote:I want to thank you for leading our young men on the football field the last 9 years! While the last few seasons were not what anyone was expecting, you managed to become the all-time career leader in Bobcat victories while maintaining an extremely high level of honor and integrity. We as fans never really had to worry about the integrity of our players on or off the field, we knew that they would graduate, and we knew that they would become leaders in their communities. You took over at a time of very high anxiety in the football program and continued to build on its winning tradition. I'm sure this isn't the way any of us wished it would have ended, but thank you, Gob Bless you, and best wishes in all your future endeavors!
Well said. Thank you Coach Ash!

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:28 pm

+1, x 1000.

I've been pretty vocal about wanting to see a change, but all I feel today is sadness at the news. He's a good man, and I am proud of what he has done for Montana State University. I'll be excited about the prospects of the future tomorrow, but today I'm just pretty sad to see it end this way. I would have wished he could have been carried off the field on his players' shoulders after winning his last game, the way it should have been. But, I suppose life isn't a movie.

Thank you for everything you have done for MSU, Coach Ash. We are better for having had you, best of luck in your future and I hope to see you around Bozeman in the future. =D^ =D^ =D^ =D^ =D^

GO CATS GO!!!

CatsNoMatterWhat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by CatsNoMatterWhat » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:39 pm

BozoneCat wrote:+1, x 1000.

I've been pretty vocal about wanting to see a change, but all I feel today is sadness at the news. He's a good man, and I am proud of what he has done for Montana State University. I'll be excited about the prospects of the future tomorrow, but today I'm just pretty sad to see it end this way. I would have wished he could have been carried off the field on his players' shoulders after winning his last game, the way it should have been. But, I suppose life isn't a movie.

Thank you for everything you have done for MSU, Coach Ash. We are better for having had you, best of luck in your future and I hope to see you around Bozeman in the future. =D^ =D^ =D^ =D^ =D^
I have also been vocal about change. I only feel sadness that he apparently didn't go willingly; this was a firing. I was hoping he might accept the writing on the wall. New blood was/is necessary, but I think all of us, ESPECIALLY those of us who have been trumpeting change, need to take the next day or so and remind ourselves and those around us of what a fantastic contribution to Montana State--both on and off the field--Coach Ash has been. Best wishes sir, and thank you.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:58 pm

Agree with everything in these posts. Total gentleman, Fine man, ETC.
Very sad.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

wapiti

Post by wapiti » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:39 pm

Ash did a fine job as HC.
Thank you.

I hope your next adventure in life will be a good one.

OlPonyQB
New Recruit

Post by OlPonyQB » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:51 pm

Time will tell what a terrible mistake this departure will create.

A truly experienced and successful managing AD would have strategically planned
with this head coach, and staff, to bolster where necessary and delete
as required. Only at the collegiate level of life are senior managers able to survive
before "they" move on. Sad.

bobcatfan15

Post by bobcatfan15 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:17 pm

Thank you coach Ash!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"The season is like a roll of toilet paper, the closer you get to the end, the faster it goes"-Coach Green

MSU Toddler
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by MSU Toddler » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:19 pm

Thank you Coach Ash! Go Cats!

Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.