2016 recruiting

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

bcats
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: 2016 recruiting

Post by bcats » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:47 pm

After watching AA football all year I would be shocked if the Bradshaw kid out of Bozeman wasn't holding an offer. Dominates both sides of the ball and he is huge. He honestly impressed me more then Chapman but both would be great gets.

"Don't give up, don't ever give up." Jimmy V

Just my opinion-- Byron Stulc

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:50 pm

bcats wrote:After watching AA football all year I would be shocked if the Bradshaw kid out of Bozeman wasn't holding an offer. Dominates both sides of the ball and he is huge. He honestly impressed me more then Chapman but both would be great gets.
As of now, only Chapman has been offered by Montana State. Bradshaw holds no Division I offers. Payton O'Reilly told me he holds three offers which he is keeping between him and his family but said that none are from Montana State.

bcats
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by bcats » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:54 pm

That surprises me with his size and speed.

"Don't give up, don't ever give up." Jimmy V

Just my opinion-- Byron Stulc

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:07 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
bcats wrote:After watching AA football all year I would be shocked if the Bradshaw kid out of Bozeman wasn't holding an offer. Dominates both sides of the ball and he is huge. He honestly impressed me more then Chapman but both would be great gets.
As of now, only Chapman has been offered by Montana State. Bradshaw holds no Division I offers. Payton O'Reilly told me he holds three offers which he is keeping between him and his family but said that none are from Montana State.
Based off his Twitter account, I would say those offers may include ones from Montana, Wyoming, Colorado State, Portland State, or NAIA schools. Count me in as very surprised we haven't offered him anything yet.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

DicTater
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by DicTater » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:36 am

Which coach is working Vegas? It seems like that is a new place of emphasis. As far as O'Reilly and other prospective LBs go, I think it will take someone really special for the Cats to take a kid. 4 Lbs were recruited last year: Ojo, Plucker, Cozzie, and Hill. With Collins having 3 more years, and Braun 2, I think the staff probably is concentrating on other position needs. Of course, I have no idea how the freshmen have looked in practice, but my guess is they have looked pretty good if O'Reilly hasn't received an offer.

DicTater
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by DicTater » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:55 am

Any idea how many scholarships are available? We really don't have that many seniors leaving and I have no idea how many partials are out there. But, overall, it seems to me that there may be about 14 available and we already have 10 commits. Of course, that means that the coaches are going to have to be pretty selective.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:05 pm

I bet we will have about 18-20 available. That is my guess based off of prior years, amount of seniors, attrition factors, loss of scholarship due to performance, etc.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:06 pm

DicTater wrote:Which coach is working Vegas? It seems like that is a new place of emphasis.
Looks like Cramsey. Pritchard and Clayton both play for Silverado . Who can name the former NFL QB who is their coach?

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:08 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
DicTater wrote:Which coach is working Vegas? It seems like that is a new place of emphasis.
Looks like Cramsey. Pritchard and Clayton both play for Silverado . Who can name the former NFL QB who is their coach?
Cunningham!

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:19 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
Cunningham!

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BigBruceBaker » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:59 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
Cunningham!

This seems legit.

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

77matcat
Member # Retired

2016 recruiting

Post by 77matcat » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:57 am

Wait....... I think they need your SS# and one major credit card #.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:33 pm

Added a new offer to Kam Lott,Georgia Military College,CB.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:03 pm

Coaches are still recruiting.

Howard Houston,Foothill College,DT
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3222170/howard-houston

Lydell
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Lydell » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:45 am

Hawks86 wrote:Coaches are still recruiting.

Define recruiting. I would speculate that phone calls are being made to show continued interest in prospects, but no further offers are being made until the HC position is filled.

The MICKSTER
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by The MICKSTER » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:40 am

For the sake of recruiting I hope the HC position gets filled quick. I know we already have lots of offers out there and NLoI Signing Day isn't until Feb 3rd, but getting 'formal' offers in front of a potential recruit sooner rather than later is important.

By the way things turned out again this year (losing 3 of our top 5 CBs/DBs), specifically on defense, and relating that to Seniors graduating (Keeton & Timmer) cornerbacks (CB) who started this season along with Desmond Carter who started at Safety, I hope the new HC gets immediate (i.e. transfer) help at CB/DB before next year. Even though I think the secondary performed well against ISU, they didn't perform well against um or at other times throughout the season. Some of that was the scheme/coaching and some of that was lack of pressure on the QB, but that wasn't all of it. I think the issues @ the CB position had more to do with athletic ability. I think our greatest need next year is to fill at least one CB spot (across from Strong) with a transfer. I know our run defense at times didn't perform well either, but IMO that had less to do with the athletic ability of the front 7.

I do believe, just like last year, that the best thing MSU can do to improve the defense is to get a new Defensive Coordinator (DC). Let's face it Kane Ioane is a legend when it comes to Bobcat Football, but it would amaze me if he was kept on as DC by the new HC. However, it would surprise me if he is not offered the LB coach or other position on the defensive staff.

GO CATS!

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:44 am

Lydell wrote:

Define recruiting. I would speculate that phone calls are being made to show continued interest in prospects, but no further offers are being made until the HC position is filled.
There has been 2 new offers since Monday.

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Post by Bozcat003 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:44 am

Hawks86 wrote:
Lydell wrote:

There has been 2 new offers since Monday.
who's the second? I must have missed him

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:48 am

Bozcat003 wrote: who's the second? I must have missed him
I forgot to put up his HUDL with Houstons.

Darrius Vukobradovich

http://sports.yahoo.com/fau/football/re ... ich-164528

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/5177450/dar ... obradovich

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:54 am

The MICKSTER wrote:For the sake of recruiting I hope the HC position gets filled quick. I know we already have lots of offers out there and NLoI Signing Day isn't until Feb 3rd, but getting 'formal' offers in front of a potential recruit sooner rather than later is important.

By the way things turned out again this year (losing 3 of our top 5 CBs/DBs), specifically on defense, and relating that to Seniors graduating (Keeton & Timmer) cornerbacks (CB) who started this season along with Desmond Carter who started at Safety, I hope the new HC gets immediate (i.e. transfer) help at CB/DB before next year. Even though I think the secondary performed well against ISU, they didn't perform well against um or at other times throughout the season. Some of that was the scheme/coaching and some of that was lack of pressure on the QB, but that wasn't all of it. I think the issues @ the CB position had more to do with athletic ability. I think our greatest need next year is to fill at least one CB spot (across from Strong) with a transfer. I know our run defense at times didn't perform well either, but IMO that had less to do with the athletic ability of the front 7.

I do believe, just like last year, that the best thing MSU can do to improve the defense is to get a new Defensive Coordinator (DC). Let's face it Kane Ioane is a legend when it comes to Bobcat Football, but it would amaze me if he was kept on as DC by the new HC. However, it would surprise me if he is not offered the LB coach or other position on the defensive staff.

GO CATS!
I talked to a head coach in the BSC this weak and he said that the reason both MSU and EWU were down this year was DB play and he specifically said lack of talent. So your analysis seems accurate.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN