Rob Ash Contract- Interesting

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

bobcats35
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by bobcats35 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:32 pm

According to Skylinesportsmt.com Coaching Contracts; Rob Ash. He signed a new contract in August and the salary plus the incentives available is almost hard to believe. It's worth a read but might make you sick to your stomach.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Re: Rob Ash Contract- Interesting

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:00 pm

A low base salary full of incentives. Strange.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Catfanatic84
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catfanatic84 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:48 pm

Rachac wrote about this too and posted a PDF of Ash's contract.

http://billingsgazette.com/sports/colle ... 2fd48.html

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:18 pm

If they lose the last three, or a loss to UM and loss to either ISU or S. Utah, I doubt he makes it to 2016. From what I can tell Cruzado protects the kids No. 1, the alumni No. 2. She isn't going to put up with anyone bringing those two groups down.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

BFcatfan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by BFcatfan » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:26 pm

TomCat88 wrote:If they lose the last three, or a loss to UM and loss to either ISU or S. Utah, I doubt he makes it to 2016. From what I can tell Cruzado protects the kids No. 1, the alumni No. 2. She isn't going to put up with anyone bringing those two groups down.
I hope I'm wrong...but I look to lose the last three games. It would not surprise me...then we will see where the dollars fall.. SUU is good, Kremer thinks he owes us something..and we have yet to win on the road..and I will bet on defense any day over offense to win a game....sorry just being real..

With success comes attention, with attention comes cockiness, with cockiness comes arrogance, with arrogance comes rudeness...and they wonder why I hate the Griz ! FTG

Jobu

Post by Jobu » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:53 pm

TomCat88 wrote:If they lose the last three, or a loss to UM and loss to either ISU or S. Utah, I doubt he makes it to 2016. From what I can tell Cruzado protects the kids No. 1, the alumni No. 2. She isn't going to put up with anyone bringing those two groups down.
So they're just going to eat 3 years of his $175k salary? Sorry, I don't see it. We're stuck with him, because this university doesn't have the balls to negotiate a contract.

This is the perfect quote to define the situation we're in:
But this university doesn't have much history of firing coaches over something as pedestrian as winning and losing.
I'd be laughing my ass off if it wasn't just so sad.

Hats for bats. Keeps bats warm.

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:58 pm

Jobu wrote:
So they're just going to eat 3 years of his $175k salary? Sorry, I don't see it. We're stuck with him, because this university doesn't have the balls to negotiate a contract.

But this university doesn't have much history of firing coaches over something as pedestrian as winning and losing.
If they don't make a change, the lost revenue will far exceed $175k. I got news for ya.

And I felt the same way about that quote.

DriscollCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DriscollCat » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:38 am

Jobu wrote:

$175k is a very modest salary for the coach at one of two flagship state universities. It is also a modest salary for fcs coaches who consistently keep their teams among the top 25.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:05 am

Each year of this agreement, the parties will meet mutually to discuss the option to mutually enter into a new three-year agreement on the terms and conditions agreed upon.”
Further: “MSU may offer an extension at any time during each year of the term, and may begin negotiations on or after March 1 of each contract year.”

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:22 pm

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:00 am

LongTimeCatFan wrote:Montana Mint article
http://www.montana-mint.com/2015/11/04/ ... ash-to-go/
Of course Rachac wants Ash to stay. So does everyone on egriz. Duh!

Mr Lisle
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Mr Lisle » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:02 am

TomCat88...the prophet.
The reason I thought he WOULD make it was because of the "vote of confidence" contract extension. He had to know as the season progressed there were those calling for his head. But there always are, regardless. The season wasn't "lost" until the last game which had the same story line as all the losses....the opponent put up too many points. But in the griz game there were also costly and timely mistakes on both sides of the ball.
It would be interesting to know if Fields initiated the termination. I heard in the case of Kramer he and coach flew home from a meeting together and Fields was called to the President's office where he was instructed to go fire Kramer. And what about Huse? He lived forever. Very inconsistent. It was like the basketball team was viewed as a club sport.
In any event, I supported coach Ash as I now support coach Choate. Best of luck to both of them.
Go Bobcats

PHAT CAT
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by PHAT CAT » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:53 pm

Some ****** is about to break about Rob and his money. There's a reason two people have been axed.

lutecat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by lutecat » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:07 pm

Do tell.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Post by Bozcat003 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:23 pm

PHAT CAT wrote:Some ****** is about to break about Rob and his money. There's a reason two people have been axed.
Misuse of QBC money would be the only thing I could imagine if its money involved.

If so, this is going to turn into one long thread :lol:

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:09 am

I presume you're talking about something completely separate from that deal with his son?

Clinton T

Post by Clinton T » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:18 am

Be careful everyone - anything conversation remotely negative about Ash will incur the wrath of his holier than thou BN apostles. I will be eagerly awaiting their response if these rumors are indeed true.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:22 am

Clinton T wrote:Be careful everyone - anything conversation remotely negative about Ash will incur the wrath of his holier than thou BN apostles. I will be eagerly awaiting their response if these rumors are indeed true.
Was the snarky, mean spirited post really necessary?

Clinton T

Post by Clinton T » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:39 am

wbtfg wrote:
Clinton T wrote:Be careful everyone - anything conversation remotely negative about Ash will incur the wrath of his holier than thou BN apostles. I will be eagerly awaiting their response if these rumors are indeed true.
If he was stealing money from the program than yes. I also think it is prudent to warn/remind people that commenting about Ash on this board can turn into a pissing match. Personally, this doesn't make much sense to me. This information (if true) must have recently come to light? If he was terminated for cause due to mishandling of money I would think we would have known about it. Also, why would he go around drumming up support from boosters and donors for the AD position if he was caught pocketing and/or misappropriating money?

And a question about how QBC money is handled - does the head coach have direct control over that money and spend it as he sees fit? Is it a situation where he has a debit card for that account and the ability to go around spending without administrative approval?

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:42 am

Clinton T wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
If he was stealing money from the program than yes. I also think it is prudent to warn/remind people that commenting about Ash on this board can turn into a pissing match. Personally, this doesn't make much sense to me. This information (if true) must have recently come to light? If he was terminated for cause due to mishandling of money I would think we would have known about it. Also, why would he go around drumming up support from boosters and donors for the AD position if he was caught pocketing and/or misappropriating money?

And a question about how QBC money is handled - does the head coach have direct control over that money and spend it as he sees fit? Is it a situation where he has a debit card for that account and the ability to go around spending without administrative approval?
That's an excellent point. I can't fathom him thinking that he'd be a candidate for the AD position, if there was any hint of financial shenanigans during his tenure as coach.