Everyone PLEASE

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

GRIZ1STCATS2ND
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: Everyone PLEASE

Post by GRIZ1STCATS2ND » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:39 pm

GoCats18 wrote:If Stitt doesn't make the playoffs this year and has a losing season next year, he won't have a choice about staying for 5 years.
Well any team would be very fortunate to make the playoffs the first year or two under a new coach trying to introduce a new system to players he didn't recruit. As far as I'm concerned a playoff game this year would be a big bonus. One next year would be welcomed but not expected.

If we can replenish our defense I see good things for Montana's football program three or four years down the road.

If you're content and patient enough to keep waiting on Ash I can certainly wait on Stitt a few years to start producing.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:43 pm

Just wanted to let everyone know we got some crazies commenting on Billings Gazette Bobcat articles as well. Here are some ringers from a defense article posted this week:
71tax2 - October 05, 2015 9:49 am
Time to see Ash to the door and his offense coach from NH. We have the most talented players in the Big Sky, Ash can't bring the talent to win the games. Same thing for the past 4 years. Like reading the directions on a shampoo bottle. We continue down the same rutted road. Hot in Sept., warm in Oct and cold in Nov. Heck the My Bobcats are lucky to win 1 game in Nov. and then get beat right away in the playoffs. I am tired of this same rutted road we continue to go down. I repeat we got the players, just don't have the coaching staff to bring it together when we need it. Listen to the NAU announcer thaey raved about the CATS offense and all the tools we have. Could only get 2 touchdowns the first half. The Defensive coaches did not know how to take our talented players and use them correctly to defend. Very Poor. I am an alumni member, season ticket hold, 4 generation Bobcat, and put 3 kids thru MSU. I love MSU, just don't like the repeated results of Coach Ash and his Staff. A change neds to be made. I have to meet goals at my job. What the heck goals does the Coaching staff have?. Just have an OK season, brings a lot of fans in to home games and we might make the playoff and lose. I would be fired from my job for those kind of results or expectations. Good bye ASH.
sportsman16 - 18 hours ago
Totally agreed but I think the biggest problem is Ash. His refusal to recruit top Montana players being top on that list, right next to the inability to win big games. The Texas pipeline is great, but what about the Montana pipeline? Yeah there are small town kids that have come, however most are legacy guys who Ash didn't have to do much work on. It's pretty sad when you have Bozeman guys committing to Montana because you don't care. His other problem is changing the offense from week to week. The offense was not called well in the 1st half Saturday. Newell needed the ball more. 6.5 yards a carry doesn't lie. The offense should operate the same every week, not try to change every week. Ioane will get the D in shape, it may take a year but it'll happen. A native montanan, ioane would also make a great head coach.
71tax2 - 2 hours ago
Your exactly right Sportsman Spot On. Poorly called offense. Ash has to go. and the offensive wannabb coach for NH. I have contact the sport reporter from the Gazette, I have talked to The Bobcat Club orginization in Bozeman whom I am a member of and next I will call the MSU Athletic Director. Who I heard is tight with Ash. I am a go getter, THe Bobcat Club now knows who I am. The AD is next.
Yesterday I talked to a parent who's son signed a letter of intent to play at MSU, he also had an offer from the griz. After this NAU game and track record of Ash the past 4 years, The kid may now go to Missoula. griz can win the big games, stay more consistant and go farther in the playoff. I am Bobcat thru and thru, The kid does only to hang around consist winners. Not Ash. Can't blame him.
I almost commented but then I composed myself and decided to let you guys have a look. Are these so called Bobcats that delusional? They want to fire Cramsey along with Ash because the offense is not meeting expectations (wow) and we never get the top Montana talent based off of last year's recruiting class which the only proof we have of comparing those classes is currently playing for the Bobcats (Jones and Strong). I'm glad the Bobcat club knows who you are 71tax2 so they can politely tell you to go away and shut your mouth. People like you miss the point on what is most important about college: getting your education. And Coach Ash is a total, utter success in that area. His kids graduate. He has built a consistent, WINNING football program that is going through a change in defensive scheme. It happens every year in college football with multiple programs. And that part he said about the kid signing a letter of intent to play at MSU flip-flopping to the Griz? Yeah thats a lie because no kid can sign anything until February. What a tool.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:59 pm

I'm a go getter. :lol:

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:06 pm

Hawks86 wrote:I'm a go getter. :lol:
He might as well say, "I DRIVE A DODGE STRATUS!" at the end of his rant.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

DriscollCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DriscollCat » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:15 pm

Wow, what a poor understanding of what is going on.

DriscollCat

Post by DriscollCat » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:18 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:I'm a go getter. :lol:
He might as well say, "I DRIVE A DODGE STRATUS!" at the end of his rant.
Haha

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:19 pm

It's good to know that if you want something done and want a change. You need to contact the sports reporter from the Gazette.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Lovethecats75
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Lovethecats75 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:33 pm

Really do these idiots want to go back to the Earle Solomonson days? Back when we considered a 4 win season a winning season.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:58 pm

4thecats wrote:

So you are saying if you don't have a disposable amount of income, then you are not allowed to be a passionate fan that desires the estate for our program.. I have no idea how much $ this guy has or has not donated, but is that even a bit relevant?
That's not at all what I'm saying. What I'm saying is if a passionate fan expects multiple titles, then the passionate fan should pitch in for facilities and more importantly, cost of attendance scholarships that other FCS schools are now offering. Unless the passionate fan expects MSU to become a dynasty with so-so facilities and a competitive disadvantage in terms of scholarships that can be offered compared to some FCS and bad FBS programs that recruit in the region.
Last edited by PapaG on Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:03 pm

71tax2

Yesterday I talked to a parent who's son signed a letter of intent to play at MSU, he also had an offer from the griz. After this NAU game and track record of Ash the past 4 years, The kid may now go to Missoula.
That would be blockbuster news since PSAs can't sign LOIs until National Signing Day in February.

Instead, I'm guessing it's just another anonymous liar on the internet who doesn't even know the basic rules of recruiting, let alone how to play or coach football outside of Thanksgiving family games.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

Cat Land Griz
New Recruit

Post by Cat Land Griz » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:04 am

You should not calm down. The Griz and Cats will roll through the buttercups of the BSC. Neither team will make any waves in the playoffs. However, come judgement day, you will be beaten again. I feel for you.

4thecats
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by 4thecats » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:02 am

PapaG wrote:
4thecats wrote:

So you are saying if you don't have a disposable amount of income, then you are not allowed to be a passionate fan that desires the estate for our program.. I have no idea how much $ this guy has or has not donated, but is that even a bit relevant?
That's not at all what I'm saying. What I'm saying is if a passionate fan expects multiple titles, then the passionate fan should pitch in for facilities and more importantly, cost of attendance scholarships that other FCS schools are now offering. Unless the passionate fan expects MSU to become a dynasty with so-so facilities and a competitive disadvantage in terms of scholarships that can be offered compared to some FCS and bad FBS programs that recruit in the region.
I guess I don't see the reason for our non championship caliber team as being an issue with funds... As many have stated, we already have very nice facilities amongst the FCS. And the cost of attendance has just become an issue for this upcoming season... So your point about give more money still does not hold water in my opinion.. I feel the lack of confidence our program has had under Ash is the biggest problem...we have a ton of talent... I bet most fans would love to have the talent we have on offense.. I think the original poster is just frustrated with the complacency of being a winning program... With as much talent as we have had over the las 5 years, the Cats have overwhelmingly under performed... We should not be hoping to make the playoffs, rather we should be talking about how deep in the playoffs can we go. Our team lacks fire and confidence... Talent will only take you so far... The coaches need to harness or instill this or it will be the same old story coCo. E November. Cats fall short on a promisipromising season... Sad that the griz fans have been telling us this for years, but most give excuses for our short comings or say... Next year is the year... It gets old after awhile..

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:08 am

4thecats wrote:
PapaG wrote:
4thecats wrote:

I guess I don't see the reason for our non championship caliber team as being an issue with funds... As many have stated, we already have very nice facilities amongst the FCS. And the cost of attendance has just become an issue for this upcoming season... So your point about give more money still does not hold water in my opinion.. I feel the lack of confidence our program has had under Ash is the biggest problem...we have a ton of talent... I bet most fans would love to have the talent we have on offense.. I think the original poster is just frustrated with the complacency of being a winning program... With as much talent as we have had over the las 5 years, the Cats have overwhelmingly under performed... We should not be hoping to make the playoffs, rather we should be talking about how deep in the playoffs can we go. Our team lacks fire and confidence... Talent will only take you so far... The coaches need to harness or instill this or it will be the same old story coCo. E November. Cats fall short on a promisipromising season... Sad that the griz fans have been telling us this for years, but most give excuses for our short comings or say... Next year is the year... It gets old after awhile..
We've fallen off in November the past two years due to injuries. Had McGhee or Prukop been healthy we most likely beat the grizz and win a playoff game or two. How anyone that claims to be a big time fan can overlook that is amazing. That sounds like something someone posing as a Cat fan or a very casual fan would think.

4thecats
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by 4thecats » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:56 am

Big time cat fan or casual fan, either way, it has been a routine with the Cats... I'm not posing as a cat fan, but I do like to take a look at things in life with as little bias as I can.. I started for 4 years for the Cats. I understand injuries happen, but deep playoff teams overcome Injuries. Or the coaches make adjustments to make it work. And the late November slide is almost becoming a tradition..

Kabooom
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Kabooom » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:57 pm

[cat_bracket] wrote:
4thecats wrote:
PapaG wrote:
4thecats wrote:

We've fallen off in November the past two years due to injuries. Had McGhee or Prukop been healthy we most likely beat the grizz and win a playoff game or two. How anyone that claims to be a big time fan can overlook that is amazing. That sounds like something someone posing as a Cat fan or a very casual fan would think.
IMOP Cats are One Recruiting Class and One Defensive Coach away from a National Championship run, that is IF Prukop has another year left...and can stay healthy.... Prukop a Junior?? Continued high scoring productivity on Offense will go as far as Prukops health allows. Same as last year.

I'd rely on some of those Texas connections if the Cats still have them to shore things up on defense.

What Adjustments/ Scheme/ Personell changes/Redshirt burns do you Guys think can be made this year to help your Defense??

DriscollCat

Post by DriscollCat » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:09 pm

Kabooom wrote:
[cat_bracket] wrote:
4thecats wrote:
PapaG wrote:
4thecats wrote:

IMOP Cats are One Recruiting Class and One Defensive Coach away from a National Championship run, that is IF Prukop has another year left...and can stay healthy.... Prukop a Junior?? Continued high scoring productivity on Offense will go as far as Prukops health allows. Same as last year.

I'd rely on some of those Texas connections if the Cats still have them to shore things up on defense.

What Adjustments/ Scheme/ Personell changes/Redshirt burns do you Guys think can be made this year to help your Defense??
With a little time to cool off, and after watching the film again, and listening to the analysis of others, I think that finishing on execution will make a big difference in the pass defense. As many have noted, the d backs were in textbook position on a lot of the plays. The NAU receivers made a number of good plays. Just have to finish.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:22 pm

4thecats wrote:Big time cat fan or casual fan, either way, it has been a routine with the Cats... I'm not posing as a cat fan, but I do like to take a look at things in life with as little bias as I can.. I started for 4 years for the Cats. I understand injuries happen, but deep playoff teams overcome Injuries. Or the coaches make adjustments to make it work. And the late November slide is almost becoming a tradition..
Kane?! :shock:

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:51 pm

4thecats wrote:Big time cat fan or casual fan, either way, it has been a routine with the Cats... I'm not posing as a cat fan, but I do like to take a look at things in life with as little bias as I can.. I started for 4 years for the Cats. I understand injuries happen, but deep playoff teams overcome Injuries. Or the coaches make adjustments to make it work. And the late November slide is almost becoming a tradition..
What deep playoff team is that? Show me a few deep playoff runs by teams without their stud QB in last decade.

Almost a tradition? We were usually out of the hunt before November not long ago. You need to follow things a little closer so you can make informed statements. You started four years here? BS. Like the bus driver on Billy Madison banged Veronica Vaughn.

Bsmithmsu
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Bsmithmsu » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:04 pm

Show me stud QBs that run every other play and are healthy enough to play in the playoffs. We need to change the way our QB plays so he can stay health.

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by GoCats18 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:19 pm

Man Cat_Bracket, you are really good at calling people out. You are also really good at being an asshole. You call people liars, yet you have no clue who they. This has to be the dumbest site ever. You speak you thoughts or what is on your mind and if it isn't a positive towards this team you get blasted left and right. That is awesome. GO CATS!!

Punters are people too!!