R_E_L_A_X

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Joe Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: R_E_L_A_X

Post by Joe Bobcat » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:07 pm

Griznationalist wrote:
DriscollCat wrote:
msuhunter wrote:
Darth Yoda wrote:I've actually been pleasantly surprised by the conversation this week (up until bracket went off his meds). There are real concerns and real questions getting asked, and several of the threads are on a good trajectory IMO. In classic BN form people have generally kept there crap together, and even did a good job of patiently whisking catatonic and other trolls away without the threads going into the toilet. So far it's only been bracket that has started new threads out of frustration with information that belongs in an existing thread (total egrizz move), and call out kids by name and throwing them under the bus (another total egrizz move).

Personally I'm waiting on the Sac game before I get too worried. Remember Colter previously made equally dire comments about our D and had to eat his words after Poly. He also talked about how great Poly's D was going to be, and also ate his words. I'm still hoping these guys get to average in the next 4 weeks, which just might be good enough to win the conference this year.
Not saying I agree with the way he did it, but what exactly is so wrong about calling a spade a spade? Some players are not playing well, and that's a fact. Why is it an "egriz" move to call out a poor performance? This isn't little league where everyone kid's gets a ribbon and a pat on the back, these are young adults, not kids, playing a game, with many of them being compensated with a quality education free of cost (please don't turn this into a debate about whether college athletes should be paid, but anyone who has or is dealing with student loans understands what a huge blessing it is to have a free education). Again, not saying we should single out people and go on a long tirade about how they suck at life, but I get the impression that some on this board think it's sacrilegious to speak of any poor performance by any single player. Long story short, people really need to learn to quit being so sensitive and understand people are entitled to their own opinions without suggesting that this board has turned "egriz."
They are not well compensated. They are amateurs. The NCAA has been very inflexible on this point. They are 18-22 year old boys. Some have forgotten what it is like to be that young. Some criticisms are not constructive. These are your Bobcats, nobody else - these boys.
Re: "Why is it an 'egriz' move to call out a poor performance?"

It's not. After all, it's a move invented by Hysell and Kramer. They paved the bus route with Bobcat players named in the Bzmn Daily Chron. Point well taken that Ash is more classy. But so is every Griz coach since Gene Carlson.
I'm not so sure that it's not an egrizz move but really isn't the connection and reference more to the posters on egriz and the way they post and has nothing to do with coaches from either program?

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:24 pm

Griznationalist wrote:
DriscollCat wrote:
msuhunter wrote:
Darth Yoda wrote:I've actually been pleasantly surprised by the conversation this week (up until bracket went off his meds). There are real concerns and real questions getting asked, and several of the threads are on a good trajectory IMO. In classic BN form people have generally kept there crap together, and even did a good job of patiently whisking catatonic and other trolls away without the threads going into the toilet. So far it's only been bracket that has started new threads out of frustration with information that belongs in an existing thread (total egrizz move), and call out kids by name and throwing them under the bus (another total egrizz move).

Personally I'm waiting on the Sac game before I get too worried. Remember Colter previously made equally dire comments about our D and had to eat his words after Poly. He also talked about how great Poly's D was going to be, and also ate his words. I'm still hoping these guys get to average in the next 4 weeks, which just might be good enough to win the conference this year.
Not saying I agree with the way he did it, but what exactly is so wrong about calling a spade a spade? Some players are not playing well, and that's a fact. Why is it an "egriz" move to call out a poor performance? This isn't little league where everyone kid's gets a ribbon and a pat on the back, these are young adults, not kids, playing a game, with many of them being compensated with a quality education free of cost (please don't turn this into a debate about whether college athletes should be paid, but anyone who has or is dealing with student loans understands what a huge blessing it is to have a free education). Again, not saying we should single out people and go on a long tirade about how they suck at life, but I get the impression that some on this board think it's sacrilegious to speak of any poor performance by any single player. Long story short, people really need to learn to quit being so sensitive and understand people are entitled to their own opinions without suggesting that this board has turned "egriz."
They are not well compensated. They are amateurs. The NCAA has been very inflexible on this point. They are 18-22 year old boys. Some have forgotten what it is like to be that young. Some criticisms are not constructive. These are your Bobcats, nobody else - these boys.
Re: "Why is it an 'egriz' move to call out a poor performance?"

It's not. After all, it's a move invented by Hysell and Kramer. They paved the bus route with Bobcat players named in the Bzmn Daily Chron. Point well taken that Ash is more classy. But so is every Griz coach since Gene Carlson.
Egriz is a fan forum. It has nothing to do with the um football program or coaches.

codecat
Member # Retired

Post by codecat » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:35 pm

Lovethecats75 wrote:New O line coach. Not sure but may have out in some different blocking assignments and not everyone is on the same page yet.
I respectfully disagree. It seems our o-line has struggled at times with pass protection, and did with coach Mac as well. Just think back to how obviously porous they were in the UM game last year as one example.

London Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down, London Bridge is falling down, Bye-Bye Fauci!

Joe Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Joe Bobcat » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:56 pm

msuhunter wrote:

If it is your opinion that what [] did was "call a spade a spade" well then you're entitled to that. Thankfully I'm entitled to my opinion that what he did was take a spade and dig a hole throwing the dirt on student athletes with no evidence of a constructive purpose. Then he threw student athletes in the hole and threw more dirt on them as if to bury them, again with no constructive intent or purpose evident. Perhaps that has something to do with why you can't say you agree with how he did it.
Concerning your long story short: If it is someones opinion that another poster has made a couple of total egriz moves shouldn't they be entitled to that opinion and shouldn't you stop being so sensitive if that somehow suggests this board has turned egriz?

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:17 am

Joe Bobcat wrote:
msuhunter wrote:

If it is your opinion that what [] did was "call a spade a spade" well then you're entitled to that. Thankfully I'm entitled to my opinion that what he did was take a spade and dig a hole throwing the dirt on student athletes with no evidence of a constructive purpose. Then he threw student athletes in the hole and threw more dirt on them as if to bury them, again with no constructive intent or purpose evident. Perhaps that has something to do with why you can't say you agree with how he did it.
Concerning your long story short: If it is someones opinion that another poster has made a couple of total egriz moves shouldn't they be entitled to that opinion and shouldn't you stop being so sensitive if that somehow suggests this board has turned egriz?
But since you're offended by what I said and what msuhunter said, then arent you being doubly sensitive.

You're misusing the throw under the bus meme pertaining to its typical use by the way. You throw someone under the bus because your 'relationship' with them has hit a snag. I'm not their coach or teammate and I can't not be a graduate of MSU, no do I desire either of those things. Me saying anything critical about a player isn't throwing them under the bus. I'm flattered you think so, but I don't carry a lot weight with these guys.

You may also be enlightened by this as well. The players actually know how fans are. They know some fans are disappointed (not me) or critical (me) and are voicing their concerns on the Internet at the water cooler and on bar stools. That's how it works all around the world. Rest assured, they get that.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:27 am

[cat_bracket] wrote:
Joe Bobcat wrote:
msuhunter wrote:

But since you're offended by what I said and what msuhunter said, then arent you being doubly sensitive.

You're misusing the throw under the bus meme pertaining to its typical use by the way. You throw someone under the bus because your 'relationship' with them has hit a snag. I'm not their coach or teammate and I can't not be a graduate of MSU, no do I desire either of those things. Me saying anything critical about a player isn't throwing them under the bus. I'm flattered you think so, but I don't carry a lot weight with these guys.

You may also be enlightened by this as well. The players actually know how fans are. They know some fans are disappointed (not me) or critical (me) and are voicing their concerns on the Internet at the water cooler and on bar stools. That's how it works all around the world. Rest assured, they get that.
Your thread is now famous on egriz. Congrats.

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:29 am

91catAlum wrote:
[cat_bracket] wrote:
Joe Bobcat wrote:
msuhunter wrote:

Your thread is now famous on egriz. Congrats.
Of course it is. Nothing for me to feel bad or good about. They're just as messed up as we are. Misery loves company.

Just looked. Don't see it.
Last edited by [cat_bracket] on Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

DriscollCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DriscollCat » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:30 am

[cat_bracket] wrote:
Joe Bobcat wrote:
msuhunter wrote:

That doesn't mean that it doesn't get to them. It does.

Edit: By get to them, I mean that it weighs on them, not that the word gets out to them

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:38 am

DriscollCat wrote:
[cat_bracket] wrote:
Joe Bobcat wrote:
msuhunter wrote:

Edit: By get to them, I mean that it weighs on them, not that the word gets out to them
Everything altogether weighs on them mightily. What I think isn't having much effect. I guess I could be flattered that you think so, but you're being overly dramatic about all this. If they continue to perform poorly are you going to blame me? If they do well will you give me credit? :lol:

DriscollCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DriscollCat » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:20 am

[cat_bracket] wrote:
DriscollCat wrote:
[cat_bracket] wrote:
Joe Bobcat wrote:
msuhunter wrote:

Everything altogether weighs on them mightily. What I think isn't having much effect. I guess I could be flattered that you think so, but you're being overly dramatic about all this. If they continue to perform poorly are you going to blame me? If they do well will you give me credit? :lol:
In not trying to pick a fight here. I'm just saying that if we are critical of these boys, we should try to make it constructive. What we say does matter. I know guys who have gone through this and I know that it is much bigger than just your words, but when it comes from every direction, all those words add up.

Try to put yourself in their shoes, or in the shoes of their parents. You're taking a lot of heat right now, so you can probably empathize :wink:

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:32 am

I'm taking that heat in stride. As are they with my comments. Read my post in the "What can fix the defense?" thread. It's very constructive and lays out a concise plan for improvement. I'm sure they were already following it. :)

dencat91
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by dencat91 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:54 am

Yeah that's right!!!!!!