Unprepared and Inept

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Unprepared and Inept

Post by 94VegasCat » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:56 pm

That's the headline I'd use if I was a sportswriter. That's what the Cats look like to me today.

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Unprepared and Inept

Post by GoCats18 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:59 pm

Out coached, like most games we play.

Punters are people too!!

grunyon37
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by grunyon37 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:01 pm

94VegasCat wrote:That's the headline I'd use if I was a sportswriter. That's what the Cats look like to me today.
Agreed!

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:14 pm

Who is going to be the Big Sky offensive player of the week from Sac State next week?

catpound
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by catpound » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:21 pm

If we don't figure out how to play some semblance of defense it is going to be a long year....rather a short year I guess as the team will be watching the playoffs on TV. Hey defensive coaches your corners can't cover anyone so quit playing so much man to man.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:23 pm

catpound wrote:If we don't figure out how to play some semblance of defense it is going to be a long year....rather a short year I guess as the team will be watching the playoffs on TV. Hey defensive coaches your corners can't cover anyone so quit playing so much man to man.
True. And teaching the corners to not look for the ball isn't working either! Give it up, let them look for the ball, I promise they won't get any worse.

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:26 pm

catpound wrote:If we don't figure out how to play some semblance of defense it is going to be a long year....rather a short year I guess as the team will be watching the playoffs on TV. Hey defensive coaches your corners can't cover anyone so quit playing so much man to man.
they have to play man. We can't get pressure unless we run 6. And safety's & LBs have to key off the run, because we make average Arabs look like NFL prospects.

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:27 pm

onceacat wrote:
they have to play man. We can't get pressure unless we run 6. And safety's & LBs have to key off the run, because we make average Arabs look like NFL prospects.
Not Arabs, RBs. Stupid autocorrect.

DriscollCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DriscollCat » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:29 pm

Jahn is good but that was stupid.

catpound

Post by catpound » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:30 pm

BTW you can blitz and still play zone.

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:33 pm

DriscollCat wrote:Jahn is good but that was stupid.
He's no Jabari wilson :-k

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:35 pm

catpound wrote:BTW you can blitz and still play zone.
Yes, I am aware that you can. I'm beginning to think the cats might not be able to handle it.

catpound

Post by catpound » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:45 pm

I am beginning to think they can't handle much of anything defensively. DBs can't cover, d line can't get any pressure and the tackling is terrible.

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:48 pm

Same ol same ol

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:02 pm

The offensive line also got run over for part of the game giving Prukop no time. Admittedly they knew we had to pass.

2024 Resume dominance

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:05 pm

Maybe, but MSU could easily win its next six games. This conference hasn't shown much so far.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:54 am

LongTimeCatFan wrote:Same ol same ol
exactly.

the only difference i saw yesterday was our offense played poorly too and was unable to bail out our defense. we know the defense sucks. usually we just have to outscore the other guys. we didn't do that yesterday.

also, will someone tell cramsey we don't have 6 quarters to work with.... :?

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:06 am

ilovethecats wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:Same ol same ol
exactly.

the only difference i saw yesterday was our offense played poorly too and was unable to bail out our defense. we know the defense sucks. usually we just have to outscore the other guys. we didn't do that yesterday.

also, will someone tell cramsey we don't have 6 quarters to work with.... :?
Oh, the joys of being a Cat fan. Knowing we don't suck, watching our team suck.

The 6 P's
Piss
Poor
Preparation leads to
Piss
Poor
Performance

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:11 am

We hear about how great our OL should be from every media source and opposing coaches alike. I don't see it. If true, Prukop would be able to take a 3-5 step drop and throw. Instead it's a 2 step retreat and run like hell. The WR routes take a second or two to develop.

We hear about our great depth at RB from all sources too. Brekke in my opinion is better than S Johnson, he may not have the instant acceleration, but he's as fast. Brekke needs more involvement. I love Chad Newell too. Give one of them a game. 24-30 carries and see what happens.

WR depth wasn't a issue to start the year. There's no doubt Herbert can catch anything close. For years, Ash lamented that we didn't have anybody that could take the top off of a defense. Now we 3 guys in Gates, Paige, and Brown that can run right past every DB in our league but our OL can't get Prukop the 3 seconds he needs to chuck it down there. Anybody see the distance those long balls travel? 55+ yards with seemingly effortless motion.

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:38 am

94VegasCat wrote:We hear about how great our OL should be from every media source and opposing coaches alike. I don't see it. If true, Prukop would be able to take a 3-5 step drop and throw. Instead it's a 2 step retreat and run like hell. The WR routes take a second or two to develop.

We hear about our great depth at RB from all sources too. Brekke in my opinion is better than S Johnson, he may not have the instant acceleration, but he's as fast. Brekke needs more involvement. I love Chad Newell too. Give one of them a game. 24-30 carries and see what happens.

WR depth wasn't a issue to start the year. There's no doubt Herbert can catch anything close. For years, Ash lamented that we didn't have anybody that could take the top off of a defense. Now we 3 guys in Gates, Paige, and Brown that can run right past every DB in our league but our OL can't get Prukop the 3 seconds he needs to chuck it down there. Anybody see the distance those long balls travel? 55+ yards with seemingly effortless motion.
Good post-especially regarding the WRs. Cookus did a great job throwing into some tight windows. (So did west 3 weeks ago). Prukop is going to need to hit on some of those to soften up the run d. He has been wildly inconsistent passing in 3 games this year.