Mike Person

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Re: Mike Person

Post by [cat_bracket] » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:21 am

VimSince03 wrote:So I don't know about you guys but Mike Person has done a tremendous job at Center for the 4-0 Falcons. AND guess who was their highest rated player on Sunday...Mike Person! He had the highest overall Center grade in the NFL yesterday according to Pro Football Focus. He is now the 8th best Center in the league according to PFF. Go Mike!
Awesome. But is he good enough to make the list of players with Montana ties?

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:33 am

[cat_bracket] wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:So I don't know about you guys but Mike Person has done a tremendous job at Center for the 4-0 Falcons. AND guess who was their highest rated player on Sunday...Mike Person! He had the highest overall Center grade in the NFL yesterday according to Pro Football Focus. He is now the 8th best Center in the league according to PFF. Go Mike!
Not only is he a single A player but he's from Glendive. None of the "big city" Montana rags would deem coverage of all these small town kids worthy of their efforts...one paper in particular gives the Wyoming Cowboy wannabe football better coverage than our kids. But, I know people continue to purchase all our various papers and take the sports writers opinions seriously. Seriously.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:08 am

[cat_bracket] wrote:
Yeah that ****** makes me sick to my stomach. If I wanted to here which Griz player was dominating on an NFL practice squad or special teams, I would just go over to Egriz.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:16 am

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... or-week-4/

Here is the quote from the "best player of week 4" article on Person:
Center: Mike Person, Falcons (+2.1)

He had a tricky task with Vince Wilfork, including losing a highlight-reel play to the big man. But he used his quickness and agility to get into excellent position and create some big holes for his backs. No wonder they let him spike the ball.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:49 am

Watched part of that game. Person just looked outstanding. I was incredibly impressed.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:42 am

This is truly outstanding, what a great story! So incredibly proud of Mike, what a fantastic ambassador for MSU. You won't see him on any trashy television shows, unlike one of his Falcon teammates. :wink:

GO CATS GO!!!

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:13 pm

Did Person get on that list of player with Montana ties this week? I didn't see this list in the Helena IR.

Who are some of the top centers in the NFL? It'll be interesting to see how he stacks up at the end of the season. Especially if Atlanta stays on top in the NFC.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:25 pm

TomCat88 wrote:Did Person get on that list of player with Montana ties this week? I didn't see this list in the Helena IR.

Who are some of the top centers in the NFL? It'll be interesting to see how he stacks up at the end of the season. Especially if Atlanta stays on top in the NFC.
Nope. Some fans say that list is strictly for Montana Griz but then why is Osweiler and Edwards in there? Seriously, Mike is having one of the better seasons as a center in the NFL. He is currently the 8th rated center. Here is the full list from PFF:

Ratings
# Name
1 Ryan Kalil CAR
2 Mike Pouncey MIA
3 Mitch Morse KC
3 Weston Richburg NYG
5 Joe Berger MIN
6 Travis Frederick DAL
7 Eric Wood BUF
8 Mike Person ATL
9 Evan Dietrich-Smith TB
10 Nick Mangold NYJ
11 Jeremy Zuttah BLT
12 Max Unger NO
12 Rodney Hudson OAK
14 Corey Linsley GB
15 Stefen Wisniewski JAX
16 Ben Jones HST
16 Matt Paradis DEN
18 Lyle Sendlein ARZ
19 Drew Nowak SEA
20 Tim Barnes SL
21 Alex Mack CLV
22 David Andrews NE
23 Khaled Holmes IND
24 Will Montgomery CHI
25 Trevor Robinson SD
26 Brian Schwenke TEN
27 Joe Hawley TB
28 Russell Bodine CIN
29 Jason Kelce PHI
30 Travis Swanson DET
31 Chris Watt SD
32 Marcus Martin SF
33 Cody Wallace PIT
34 Kory Lichtensteiger WAS

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:34 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:Did Person get on that list of player with Montana ties this week? I didn't see this list in the Helena IR.

Nope. Some fans say that list is strictly for Montana Griz but then why is Osweiler and Edwards in there? Seriously, Mike is having one of the better seasons as a center in the NFL. He is currently the 8th rated center. Here is the full list from PFF:

Ratings
# Name
1 Ryan Kalil CAR
2 Mike Pouncey MIA
3 Mitch Morse KC
3 Weston Richburg NYG
5 Joe Berger MIN
6 Travis Frederick DAL
7 Eric Wood BUF
8 Mike Person ATL
9 Evan Dietrich-Smith TB
10 Nick Mangold NYJ
11 Jeremy Zuttah BLT
12 Max Unger NO
12 Rodney Hudson OAK
14 Corey Linsley GB
15 Stefen Wisniewski JAX
16 Ben Jones HST
16 Matt Paradis DEN
18 Lyle Sendlein ARZ
19 Drew Nowak SEA
20 Tim Barnes SL
21 Alex Mack CLV
22 David Andrews NE
23 Khaled Holmes IND
24 Will Montgomery CHI
25 Trevor Robinson SD
26 Brian Schwenke TEN
27 Joe Hawley TB
28 Russell Bodine CIN
29 Jason Kelce PHI
30 Travis Swanson DET
31 Chris Watt SD
32 Marcus Martin SF
33 Cody Wallace PIT
Fletcher and the long snapper/ linebacker for Tennessee, who's name escapes me right now, used to be on it every week. Is Fletcher playing?

Wow, Person may have found his niche.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:46 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:

Ratings
# Name
1 Ryan Kalil CAR
2 Mike Pouncey MIA
3 Mitch Morse KC
3 Weston Richburg NYG
5 Joe Berger MIN
6 Travis Frederick DAL
7 Eric Wood BUF
8 Mike Person ATL
9 Evan Dietrich-Smith TB
10 Nick Mangold NYJ
11 Jeremy Zuttah BLT
12 Max Unger NO
12 Rodney Hudson OAK
14 Corey Linsley GB
15 Stefen Wisniewski JAX
16 Ben Jones HST
16 Matt Paradis DEN
18 Lyle Sendlein ARZ
19 Drew Nowak SEA
20 Tim Barnes SL
21 Alex Mack CLV
22 David Andrews NE
23 Khaled Holmes IND
24 Will Montgomery CHI
25 Trevor Robinson SD
26 Brian Schwenke TEN
27 Joe Hawley TB
28 Russell Bodine CIN
29 Jason Kelce PHI
30 Travis Swanson DET
31 Chris Watt SD
32 Marcus Martin SF
33 Cody Wallace PIT
Fletcher and the long snapper/ linebacker for Tennessee, who's name escapes me right now, used to be on it every week. Is Fletcher playing?

Wow, Person may have found his niche.
Fletcher is on IR-Designated for Return (still recovering from ACL) on the Patriots roster. He will be back on the active roster after Week 8. Ken Amato by the way.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:42 am

Mike is out tonight with an ankle injury.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Joe Bobcat
Member # Retired

Post by Joe Bobcat » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:06 pm

It looks like the Falcons are missing Person pretty badly. One snap in the first half was just horrible causing a turnover and another was poor leading to Ryan dropping the ball.
Wishing him a speedy recovery.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

gtcat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by gtcat » Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:20 pm

Take a little time and head over to NFL.com and vote him for the pro bowl. This kid busts his ass and deserves a little recognition. Keep up the good work Big Mike!

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:00 pm

gtcat wrote:Take a little time and head over to NFL.com and vote him for the pro bowl. This kid busts his ass and deserves a little recognition. Keep up the good work Big Mike!
You don't vote for the Pro Bowl any more, teams are selected fantasy football style by 2 NFL legends.

gtcat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by gtcat » Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:50 pm

http://www.nfl.com/probowl/ballot

Heres the link. You vote for who goes to the game, 2 captains pick the teams when they get there. Its all fixed anyway but I like to think my vote might count for something.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:18 am

Mike was back in action yesterday and he earned another positive grade from PFF. Is firmly grading out as one of the top 15 centers of 2015.

BadlandsReturns
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by BadlandsReturns » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:58 am

I've watched all of Mikes games this year. Hes starting to really settle in well. To start the season his pass blocking was very solid, was always in position. But at the beginning his run blocking was very poor. Wasn't quite getting to those next level blocks quick enough and looked to slow to make it to them.....Now when I watch him he has remained rock solid in pass protect but has vastly improved in the run game. He is making it to those 2nd level blocks and looks comfortable doing so. Makes me wonder if he wasnt a bit banged up with something like a small ankle or groin injury at the beginning of the season causing him not to be able to use all of his quickness....regardless he looks great now. Love to see the Eastern A represented in the NFL.

rtb

Post by rtb » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:00 am

Just like al good elections the NFL wants you to vote as many times as you'd like. Vote early and vote often. If you have time to kill you can just keep voting for Mike over and over. Make sure you hit the submit ballot button and then it invites you to vote again.

Randy B. - MSU '04 Image

standup
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by standup » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:17 am

And yet once again the Helena IR failed to recognize him as an NFL player with Montana ties.

it is no more reasonable for me to dictate your fan experience than it is for you to dictate mine

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:50 am

Can any of you Helena guys write in to the IR? Its getting ridiculous.