Gold Rush Ticket Sales

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

4thecats
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Gold Rush Ticket Sales

Post by 4thecats » Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:37 pm

Any word on how many tickets have been sold for the season home opener?

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Gold Rush Ticket Sales

Post by GoCats18 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:24 am

I would say we get about 16,847 on Thursday.

Punters are people too!!

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:28 am

GoCats18 wrote:I would say we get about 16,847 on Thursday.
Seriously? I would hope that the attendance is a lot better than that. I'd be very disappointed if we don't draw at least 18,000, and I'd hope that it will be closer to 20,000.

merff33
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by merff33 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:35 am

John K wrote:
Seriously? I would hope that the attendance is a lot better than that. I'd be very disappointed if we don't draw at least 18,000, and I'd hope that it will be closer to 20,000.
I would also like 18. 20 I believe is still a reach for a Thursday night and many out-of-towners are not making the trip due to school/work on Friday.

I took Friday off \:D/

GO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!

OVER THE LINE SMOKEY!!!...........Dude...mark it zero.

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:41 am

merff33 wrote:
John K wrote:
I would also like 18. 20 I believe is still a reach for a Thursday night and many out-of-towners are not making the trip due to school/work on Friday.

GO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!
I believe the attendance was very good for the first two Thursday night Gold Rush games, in 2012-13. I think we got right around 20,000 for both of those games.

merff33
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by merff33 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:56 am

John K wrote:
merff33 wrote:
John K wrote:

GO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!
I believe the attendance was very good for the first two Thursday night Gold Rush games, in 2012-13. I think we got right around 20,000 for both of those games.
I think the Thursday Night Gold has lost a little luster when its our "tune-up" game against a DII. MSU might have to rethink the schedule and try to get an FCS opponent for the Thursday game. Ash has stated that he wants to get away from scheduling the DII matchups. You know we would hit the 20 mark provided the team coming to town was worth watching.

There is a certain % of my group that aren't attending simply because it's Ft. Lewis and should be a blow out. Again, I'm not talking about locals, but the fan base that has to travel at least 1.5 hrs. and beyond to get here. Especially when they want to definitely make the other 5 possibly 6 or 7 (playoffs :D ) games.

IMO I think this game will be our lowest attendance all year of course with the only caveat being the -10 degree blizzard game(s).

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:48 pm

merff33 wrote:
John K wrote:
merff33 wrote:
John K wrote:

GO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!
I think the Thursday Night Gold has lost a little luster when its our "tune-up" game against a DII. MSU might have to rethink the schedule and try to get an FCS opponent for the Thursday game. Ash has stated that he wants to get away from scheduling the DII matchups. You know we would hit the 20 mark provided the team coming to town was worth watching.

There is a certain % of my group that aren't attending simply because it's Ft. Lewis and should be a blow out. Again, I'm not talking about locals, but the fan base that has to travel at least 1.5 hrs. and beyond to get here. Especially when they want to definitely make the other 5 possibly 6 or 7 (playoffs :D ) games.

IMO I think this game will be our lowest attendance all year of course with the only caveat being the -10 degree blizzard game(s).
Hate to say it but I'm in that boat. I've been going back and forth on driving down or watching on TV. In the end I decided it wasn't worth it to see Fort Lewis.

DaCats21
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DaCats21 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:22 am

Bobcat Football Season Ticket Record Opens Gold Rush Week
MSU Sports Information

Football season arrived in Bozeman all at once Monday, as Bobcat Athletics announced a season-ticket sales record while allocating all 4,100 student tickets for Thursday's Gold Rush season opener in less than two hours.

http://msubobcats.com/news/2015/8/31/FB_0831152517.aspx

FTG06'
Member # Retired

Post by FTG06' » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:31 am

LTown Cat wrote:
merff33 wrote:
John K wrote:
merff33 wrote:
John K wrote:

GO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!

Hate to say it but I'm in that boat. I've been going back and forth on driving down or watching on TV. In the end I decided it wasn't worth it to see Fort Lewis.
I hear ha, but go for the experience, not just the opponent. While I haven't been to a Thursday night game yet, everyone I talk to that has says the game day experience is that much better being under the lights.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Men, do your duty.
3-7-77

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:38 am

FTG06' wrote:
LTown Cat wrote:
merff33 wrote:
John K wrote:
merff33 wrote:
John K wrote:

GO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!

I hear ha, but go for the experience, not just the opponent. While I haven't been to a Thursday night game yet, everyone I talk to that has says the game day experience is that much better being under the lights.

Yeah the tailgate transition in the daylight to the darkness is a lot of fun.

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:08 am

FTG06' wrote:
LTown Cat wrote:
merff33 wrote:
John K wrote:
merff33 wrote:
John K wrote:

GO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree but my travel partners are my two school age boys. I'd have to have them back for school the next morning. For a matchup of 2 top-tier FCS teams we'd do it. For a 40-50 point win over Ft. Lewis--TV sounds better. I did sell my tickets though, so there will be butts in seats!!!

CPACAT
Member # Retired

Post by CPACAT » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:52 pm

Just check on Ticketswest. It appears that there are probably less than 100 tickets available. I am pretty sure all 15 of my ticket group will be occupied. I think it will be a pretty good crowd.

IYAACYAS

kcatz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by kcatz » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:30 pm

It was announced at both events tonite that when the ticket office closed this afternoon there were less than 400 tickets remaining for the game.

merff33
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by merff33 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:50 pm

LTown Cat wrote:
FTG06' wrote:
LTown Cat wrote:
merff33 wrote:
John K wrote:
merff33 wrote:
John K wrote:

GO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree but my travel partners are my two school age boys. I'd have to have them back for school the next morning. For a matchup of 2 top-tier FCS teams we'd do it. For a 40-50 point win over Ft. Lewis--TV sounds better. I did sell my tickets though, so there will be butts in seats!!!
I did get butts in 16 of my unused seats too L-Town. It's looking better than I thought.

PACK THE HOUSE CAT FANS!!!!!!!!!!! :D