Ash&Fields on NDSU buyout

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

lutecat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Ash&Fields on NDSU buyout

Post by lutecat » Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:26 pm

That's your story, but the math doesn't add up. We all know the real truth.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:45 pm

tampa_griz wrote:
[cat_bracket] wrote:
lutecat wrote:How dare they buy out Hofstra. Probably afraid they were going to get blown out.... :-^ :-^ :-^ :-^ :-^ :-^ :-^ :-^ :-^
Yes, and they lost to Hofstra, so they were definitely afraid using Griz logic.

But seriously the Hofstra AD probably didn't act all butt hurt and run to the media crying. Plus there probably wasn't this message board mayhem to fuel a bunch of speculation and innuendo along with a dose of misinformation and half-truths. :lol:
http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2004/d ... t-hofstra/
Hofstra coach Joe Gardi might not be so forgiving.

“We’re dying to know why Montana dropped us next year,” Gardi told the Missoulian newspaper. “Maybe it’s because we only lose four seniors. I don’t know. It’s beyond me.”

Gardi went on: “It’s the worst thing you can do, to cancel a contract like that. Very unethical, if you ask me. And if they did it to pick up a I-A game at make $250,000, that makes it even worse.”
The I-A game he's referring is Oregon. It's unlikely that Montana would schedule Oregon because they were afraid of Hofstra.
Did you not read the part that says "but seriously". Lighten up Francis.

I do see your link and scathing comments from Gardi. Makes it all the more peculiar that Griz fans are up in arms about this. Likewise MSU played SMU. So I guess we understand each other. That's refreshing.

FTG06'
Member # Retired

Post by FTG06' » Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:38 am

Regardless of this non-issue of the buyout which is now ancient history, I really want to see this team and this athletic department go and play a big game against a team like NDSU every year. That's how you get better, and that's how you learn to win big games, which is something that the Cats haven't done consistently in a very long time. EWU is a good start, but Fort Lewis should be replaced with the likes of SHSU, UNI, Coastal Carolina etc. NDSU makes sense too, because there is some history there. Dunno if their AD would even listen to that proposal though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Men, do your duty.
3-7-77