Ash&Fields on NDSU buyout

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Re: Ash&Fields on NDSU buyout

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:46 am

Old news. We didn't play them and that season is long gone.

If NDSU is such the Alpha Dog team they wouldn't keep bringing this up over and over (like little brother syndrome). They really must think beating MSU is a big litmus test for their EGO. Good to know MSU is considered top shelf in the FCS :)

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:10 am

catgrad05 wrote:What I don't understand is why have we not been able to work out the return trip yet? Just cause we cancelled the previous why haven't we tried to save face and go to NDSU since it's the right thing to do? Or even do a three game series 2 their one here? I hope it's NDSU being too big for their britches and not that MSU hasn't offered to fix the relationship
Not trying to pick on you, but this post epitomizes what happens when a bunch of misinformation is bandied about. It's like herding cats trying to get everyone squared away. I've really given up hope that this is going to stop popping up with the same old tired questions and the 'lets blame MSU' theme.

First, you don't "work out a return trip" if you buy out a contract. If they did, then NDSU would have to pay back the buy out.

Second, we don't have anything to "save face" over. We didn't do anything wrong, so we don't need to fix anything or make it right.

Third, again there's no reason for us to have to do a 3 game series with one home and two away. We own no one nothing.

MSU offered many things to make the first game happen, but NDSU opted to not accept any of those offers. That was NDSU's decision and they were within their right to not accept those offers. MSU has nothing to fix.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:13 am

I wrote this story back in 2013.

http://www.bobcatnation.com/node/232

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:15 am

[cat_bracket] wrote:
catgrad05 wrote:What I don't understand is why have we not been able to work out the return trip yet? Just cause we cancelled the previous why haven't we tried to save face and go to NDSU since it's the right thing to do? Or even do a three game series 2 their one here? I hope it's NDSU being too big for their britches and not that MSU hasn't offered to fix the relationship
Not trying to pick on you, but this post epitomizes what happens when a bunch of misinformation is bandied about. It's like herding cats trying to get everyone squared away. I've really given up hope that this is going to stop popping up with the same old tired questions and the 'lets blame MSU' theme.

First, you don't "work out a return trip" if you buy out a contract. If they did, then NDSU would have to pay back the buy out.

Second, we don't have anything to "save face" over. We didn't do anything wrong, so we don't need to fix anything or make it right.

Third, again there's no reason for us to have to do a 3 game series with one home and two away. We own no one nothing.

MSU offered many things to make the first game happen, but NDSU opted to not accept any of those offers. That was NDSU's decision and they were within their right to not accept those offers. MSU has nothing to fix.
100% how I feel on the situation.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Bobcat Sig
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat Sig » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:17 am

Who cares!?

It's a two year old story. It's over. It happened in the past. Why are people still discussing this?

griz fans; keeping it classy and gracious in winning since ... well, never.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:19 am

Colter_Nuanez wrote:I wrote this story back in 2013.

Very funny to see every other sports reporter in Montana put out material....that Colter has already done. Has been happening over the past few years. And if you guys haven't noticed, Colter and Brooks have put local and state newspapers on watch with their sports coverage. Skyline Sports is for the Big Sky but the content on Montana teams is drowing out anything those newspapers produce. The competition is real!

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Joe Bobcat

Post by Joe Bobcat » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:36 am

Colter_Nuanez wrote:I wrote this story back in 2013.

Thanks for re-posting that Colter. Comparing the two stories shows clearly how much more thorough and what a better journalist you are. We are lucky to have you.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

Joe Bobcat

Post by Joe Bobcat » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:08 am

[cat_bracket] wrote:

Sure we're under no obligation to fix anything but at the same time shouldn't we always be looking to develop and improve every sports relationship that we can with good programs that could fit well in future scheduling?
You say that we "offered many things to make the first game happen" . Were we required to make those offers or did we do it in the spirit of trying to be a get along and work things out for everyone's benefit type of program.
I

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

lutecat

Post by lutecat » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:24 am

We don't need to beg for games. If a school thinks it would benifit them, either monetarily or RPI, they will schedule us. We want to be a top tier program, we have to have the attitude to go with it. Schools don't like it, we'll find another school. We exercised a buyout that was in the contract. It was our right to do. Let's not appologize for anything and just move on.

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:11 am

lutecat wrote:We don't need to beg for games. If a school thinks it would benifit them, either monetarily or RPI, they will schedule us. We want to be a top tier program, we have to have the attitude to go with it. Schools don't like it, we'll find another school. We exercised a buyout that was in the contract. It was our right to do. Let's not appologize for anything and just move on.
Touche ... totally agree :)

merff33
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by merff33 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:20 am

I have a theory.

We all know the jizz play the bison.

So why not bring up some old news about the CATS/bison buy out to sell some newspapers.

Enter Rachac.

So when the jizz get their butts handed to them, Rachac has simply drudged up "OLD" news to give the jizz faithful another excuse to put down the CATS.

Jizz response following their butt whooping at the hands of the bison: "Well at least we played them and didn't buy out of our end of the deal".

This in turn will make them all feel good about themselves and they can all pat each other on the back. :lol:

Besides, this is nothing new. Colter reported all this TWO years ago.

LIVE IN THE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

GO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OVER THE LINE SMOKEY!!!...........Dude...mark it zero.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:51 am

merff33 wrote:I have a theory.

So why not bring up some old news about the CATS/bison buy out to sell some newspapers.

Enter Rachac.

So when the jizz get their butts handed to them, Rachac has simply drudged up "OLD" news to give the jizz faithful another excuse to put down the CATS.

Jizz response following their butt whooping at the hands of the bison: "Well at least we played them and didn't buy out of our end of the deal".

This in turn will make them all feel good about themselves and they can all pat each other on the back. :lol:

GO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Are you forgetting that the um'ers dumped NDSU before we did? I don't see the ammo they could use.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:00 pm

allcat wrote:

Enter Rachac.

GO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Are you forgetting that the um'ers dumped NDSU before we did? I don't see the ammo they could use.
According to them it never happened...

tampa_griz
Golden Bobcat

Ash&Fields on NDSU buyout

Post by tampa_griz » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:58 pm

luckyirishguy25 wrote:
allcat wrote:

Enter Rachac.

GO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It didn't. Montana bought out SDSU. A few years before that they bought out a return to Hofstra. NDSU was D-II when they played in Missoula. Montana would not likely have scheduled a return to a D-II school.

merff33
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by merff33 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:04 pm

allcat wrote:

Enter Rachac.

GO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What year was that? I don't recall them backing out of an NDSU game. I think, but not sure, they backed out of a Cal Poly game a while back, maybe 05'-07'ish?

merff33
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by merff33 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:10 pm

tampa_griz wrote:
luckyirishguy25 wrote:
allcat wrote:

Enter Rachac.

GO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It didn't. Montana bought out SDSU. A few years before that they bought out a return to Hofstra. NDSU was D-II when they played in Missoula. Montana would not likely have scheduled a return to a D-II school.
Hofstra was who I was thinking of. Thanks for the info Tampa.

lutecat

Post by lutecat » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:38 pm

How dare they buy out Hofstra. Probably afraid they were going to get blown out.... :-^ :-^ :-^ :-^ :-^ :-^ :-^ :-^ :-^

PlumbBobcat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by PlumbBobcat » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:43 pm

Enter Rachac.

GO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And what's the point in rehashing Jake's performance in Missoula last November.

http://billingsgazette.com/sports/colle ... 4f02e.html

Rachac is a hack!

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:00 pm

lutecat wrote:How dare they buy out Hofstra. Probably afraid they were going to get blown out.... :-^ :-^ :-^ :-^ :-^ :-^ :-^ :-^ :-^
Yes, and they lost to Hofstra, so they were definitely afraid using Griz logic.

But seriously the Hofstra AD probably didn't act all butt hurt and run to the media crying. Plus there probably wasn't this message board mayhem to fuel a bunch of speculation and innuendo along with a dose of misinformation and half-truths. :lol:

tampa_griz
Golden Bobcat

Post by tampa_griz » Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:24 pm

[cat_bracket] wrote:
lutecat wrote:How dare they buy out Hofstra. Probably afraid they were going to get blown out.... :-^ :-^ :-^ :-^ :-^ :-^ :-^ :-^ :-^
Yes, and they lost to Hofstra, so they were definitely afraid using Griz logic.

But seriously the Hofstra AD probably didn't act all butt hurt and run to the media crying. Plus there probably wasn't this message board mayhem to fuel a bunch of speculation and innuendo along with a dose of misinformation and half-truths. :lol:
http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2004/d ... t-hofstra/
Hofstra coach Joe Gardi might not be so forgiving.

“We’re dying to know why Montana dropped us next year,” Gardi told the Missoulian newspaper. “Maybe it’s because we only lose four seniors. I don’t know. It’s beyond me.”

Gardi went on: “It’s the worst thing you can do, to cancel a contract like that. Very unethical, if you ask me. And if they did it to pick up a I-A game at make $250,000, that makes it even worse.”
The I-A game he's referring is Oregon. It's unlikely that Montana would schedule Oregon because they were afraid of Hofstra.