Ash&Fields on NDSU buyout

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:44 pm

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Re: Ash&Fields on NDSU buyout

Post by Rich K » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:56 pm

Colter is spoiling us. This is what Rachac thinks gazette readers want to know about the Bobcats?

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:58 pm

I'm glad they want to eliminate the D2 teams. It's been a popular discussion, and I would still like to see the 6 home games.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:59 pm

Rich K wrote:
Colter is spoiling us. This is what Rachac thinks gazette readers want to know about the Bobcats?
I appreciate the story, I really don't think Rachac has it in for us.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:00 pm

allcat wrote:
Rich K wrote:
I appreciate the story, I really don't think Rachac has it in for us.
I don't think he does either, it's just lazy reporting, as far as I'm concerned.

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:01 pm

Smart guy. The page views from egriz and comments on FB should be plentiful.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Bizon
New Recruit

Post by Bizon » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:04 pm

Ha, ha,ha, was this in the funnies section of the gazette!!!!!! I can't stop laughing!!!!

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:15 pm

Bizon wrote:Ha, ha,ha, was this in the funnies section of the gazette!!!!!! I can't stop laughing!!!!
Case in point. Well played, Rachac!

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:35 pm

If he's so smart why did he call Washington State an FCS team

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:23 pm

Montanabob wrote:If he's so smart why did he call Washington State an FCS team

Huh? He called them a FBS team.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:48 pm

It'd be a great time to schedule the Longhorns. Would be a fun game to watch.
Last edited by CatBlitz on Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

SACCAT
Member # Retired

Post by SACCAT » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:22 am

I am I simple person, who is only good at posting hot pictures of girls from the upcoming teams we play.....but with that said, I really don't see anything wrong with this article...they answered every question we have had.

Joe Bobcat

Post by Joe Bobcat » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:38 am

About the only question I have left for the reporter, coach, and athletic director would be: What took so long to get this story out? I can't help but feel that there remains more to the story also. In 2005 we sign a home and home game contract with NDSU and in all the years leading up to the buyout we didn't realize we needed or do what it took to get the desired home game that would fit into our schedule. Excuses have been tossed around but I still think there is a skeleton in PF's closet on this one.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:41 am

SACCAT wrote:I am I simple person, who is only good at posting hot pictures of girls from the upcoming teams we play.....but with that said, I really don't see anything wrong with this article...they answered every question we have had.
Only bad thing is that some people haven't known this. Certainly not Rachac's fault and he did well to help clear that up. NDSU has no reason to blame what happened on MSU and no one should've thought MSU backed out of this game because it didn't want to play the Bison. Buy out clauses are in place in case either team comes up with a better deal. In this case that team was MSU. When that happens you just move on. There was no reason for MSU to have taken any lumps over this, but it did and that was only wrong thing that happened in all this.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:43 am

Joe Bobcat wrote:About the only question I have left for the reporter, coach, and athletic director would be: What took so long to get this story out? I can't help but feel that there remains more to the story also. In 2005 we sign a home and home game contract with NDSU and in all the years leading up to the buyout we didn't realize we needed or do what it took to get the desired home game that would fit into our schedule. Excuses have been tossed around but I still think there is a skeleton in PF's closet on this one.
Actually the info was there from MSU but it was drowned out by the whining. No one wanted to hear it.

It takes two teams to schedule a game. It wasn't MSU's job alone to make it happen.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

KittieKop

Post by KittieKop » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:47 am

PapaG wrote:
Montanabob wrote:If he's so smart why did he call Washington State an FCS team

Huh? He called them a FBS team.
The article has been corrected. Originally the last paragraph talking about an all FCS schedule said something to the affect that MSU had games scheduled against FCS competition Washington State, Idaho and Texas Tech in the future. It now says FBS.

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

KittieKop

Post by KittieKop » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:50 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Joe Bobcat wrote:About the only question I have left for the reporter, coach, and athletic director would be: What took so long to get this story out? I can't help but feel that there remains more to the story also. In 2005 we sign a home and home game contract with NDSU and in all the years leading up to the buyout we didn't realize we needed or do what it took to get the desired home game that would fit into our schedule. Excuses have been tossed around but I still think there is a skeleton in PF's closet on this one.
Actually the info was there from MSU but it was drowned out by the whining. No one wanted to hear it.

It takes two teams to schedule a game. It wasn't MSU's job alone to make it happen.
A lot of times people hear what they want to hear. A certain number of people thing PF is a bumbling fool, and if you see something that could fit that conception, they're pretty quick to grab hold and ride it regardless what the real facts are.

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:05 am

Don't think there are any skeletons.
Do believe waiting seven years to address is an indication of the organization/management within the athletic dept.

Don't really have a feel for all they do so to some extent it probably unfair, but we all form opinions based on what we see and there just seems be be things like this that continue to pop up and appear less than optimal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joe Bobcat

Post by Joe Bobcat » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:08 am

TomCat88 wrote:

I agree the info was out there 2 years ago which kind of begs the question why write a story about something that happened 2 years ago if you have no actual new information that wasn't reported previously? Whatever
Yeah it takes at least 2 teams to schedule a game, seriously though is seems incredible that in all those years not one workable match-up? Said another way I feel there is a credibility gap in that office and I just refuse to be gullible enough to fill it.
It's all good though the gap keeps getting filled from those willing to excuse it away. JMHO

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

catgrad05
Member # Retired

Post by catgrad05 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:45 am

What I don't understand is why have we not been able to work out the return trip yet? Just cause we cancelled the previous why haven't we tried to save face and go to NDSU since it's the right thing to do? Or even do a three game series 2 their one here? I hope it's NDSU being too big for their britches and not that MSU hasn't offered to fix the relationship