Where and when can Ginzel Bros. go fishing?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

LIBBYCAT
BobcatNation Team Captain

Where and when can Ginzel Bros. go fishing?

Post by LIBBYCAT » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:07 pm

I was only able to watch 15 minutes of practice tonight as I had a few errands to run. Anybody able to watch the d line tonight and give any first takes on Jesse Clark? I didn't get to see much, so any observations would be appreciated.
Last edited by LIBBYCAT on Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

77matcat
Member # Retired

Re: Mr. Clark

Post by 77matcat » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:05 am

Would they throw him into a live scrimmage right away. I would think they would give him a few days to acclimate physically and mentally

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LIBBYCAT
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by LIBBYCAT » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:04 am

Another great update from Colter on Skyline Sports about Jesse Clark. If you haven't signed up, get it done!

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:35 am

77matcat wrote:Would they throw him into a live scrimmage right away. I would think they would give him a few days to acclimate physically and mentally

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Correct. You have to acclimate for a few days per NCAA rules. I doubt he plays vs Ft. Lewis.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:22 am

Clark arrives in Bozeman with newfound initiative
http://skylinesportsmt.com/clark-arrive ... nitiative/

Grizaddict
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Grizaddict » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:39 am

Great article Colter. Huge Griz fan here, but I will root for a kid like that any day. What a great attitude and outlook on life. Love that he wants to get a degree and break start a new tradition for his family. With that attitude he will do well.... In life and on the grid iron.

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by GoCats18 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:21 pm

Hope this kid is good. I am still one that wishes Marino would have come to play. Really thought he would have been our next Buck award winner. Time for someone else to step up.

Punters are people too!!

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:51 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:Clark arrives in Bozeman with newfound initiative
Great article. Give that kid some food! :)

PHAT CAT
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by PHAT CAT » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:04 pm

About all Jesse did today was run in the end zone with a couple other players. It's going to take a while for him to adjust to the altitude.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:12 pm

What a journey! His comment about getting his "mom right" was a bit vague. Is she worried about him being so far from home?

Best of luck, and welcome to the MSU family, Jesse!

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:23 pm

"“I love the people up here,” Clark said. “When I came out here on my visit, this is what got me: the people. I can play football anywhere. The people, they really got me here. Coach Beck, Coach Ash, they did a great job getting me here. I love Montana. I don’t ever want to leave.”"
Me neither. Montana is addicting and hypnotic. I'll never leave.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:06 pm

LongTimeCatFan wrote:
"“I love the people up here,” Clark said. “When I came out here on my visit, this is what got me: the people. I can play football anywhere. The people, they really got me here. Coach Beck, Coach Ash, they did a great job getting me here. I love Montana. I don’t ever want to leave.”"
I watched that movie about the town at the mouth of Hellgate Canyon and recall a line by Brad Pitt something to the effect: "Oh Little Brother, I'll never leave Montana..." hundreds of times while I was still living in football heaven. I've spent the four weeks taking someone to the parts of the state I've lived in: Great Falls, Billings, Bozeman, White Sulfur Springs, Helena among the over twenty towns my parents lived in or I worked in during my career(s) and I have to admit I'm getting to the age I appreciate having been raised on all the great trout streams we have such easy access to out here...but there's something special about travel, especially the first time you see a 500 pound Blue Marlin chase down your bait...as the young man stated it's the people. My trips down memory lane always involves a few casts and it's pretty special to get another kid from Louisiana to MSU! Hope he gets his family up into the Valley too! I hope Mr. Clark appreciates travel and experiencing various and assorted cultures is the best education there is!

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:11 pm

Cat Grad wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
I watched that movie about the town at the mouth of Hellgate Canyon and recall a line by Brad Pitt something to the effect: "Oh Little Brother, I'll never leave Montana..." hundreds of times while I was still living in football heaven. I've spent the four weeks taking someone to the parts of the state I've lived in: Great Falls, Billings, Bozeman, White Sulfur Springs, Helena among the over twenty towns my parents lived in or I worked in during my career(s) and I have to admit I'm getting to the age I appreciate having been raised on all the great trout streams we have such easy access to out here...but there's something special about travel, especially the first time you see a 500 pound Blue Marlin chase down your bait...as the young man stated it's the people. My trips down memory lane always involves a few casts and it's pretty special to get another kid from Louisiana to MSU! Hope he gets his family up into the Valley too! I hope Mr. Clark appreciates travel and experiencing various and assorted cultures is the best education there is!
I think of that line often "Brother, I'll never leave Montana." as I explore and read more about this great land.

I am haunted by these mountains.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:14 pm

LongTimeCatFan wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
I think of that line often "Brother, I'll never leave Montana." as I explore and read more about this great land.

Me too! That's why I want to get the bell out of this end of the state and get back over the hill where I can see something! :D

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:16 pm

Cat Grad wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:

Me too! That's why I want to get the bell out of this end of the state and get back over the hill where I can see something! :D
You'll have to come with me sometime when I go over there. ;)

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:32 pm

LongTimeCatFan wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:

You know how many relatives I've got over there--even in Conrad!!!! Plus, you understand my addiction to fishing...and good craft beer! I released a brookie the other day that's not too much smaller than the Bull Trout supposedly the state record brookie here in the Montana Coffee Traders in CFalls...

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:33 pm

Cat Grad wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:

You know how many relatives I've got over there--even in Conrad!!!! Plus, you understand my addiction to fishing...and good craft beer! I released a brookie the other day that's not too much smaller than the Bull Trout supposedly the state record brookie here in the Montana Coffee Traders in CFalls...
Sounds like a fish story :lol:

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:34 pm

Pics or STFU

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:37 pm

LongTimeCatFan wrote:Pics or STFU
Nope. I will take you there next week instead.

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:38 pm

Cat Grad wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:Pics or STFU
Nope. I will take you there next week instead.
How bout the week after?

I've got a football game to attend next week