Where and when can Ginzel Bros. go fishing?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Re: Mr. Clark

Post by Cat Grad » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:47 pm

LongTimeCatFan wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:Pics or STFU
Nope. I will take you there next week instead.
How bout the week after?

I've got a football game to attend next week
Okay. You know the brookies are in the middle of their spawning run and I've taken a few small lakers out of the river right here in CFalls after a difficult work day fishing...and I went to a scrimmage earlier this year...just hope nobody gets hurt and the third and fourth string is in before half.

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Mr. Clark

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:05 pm

Cat Grad wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
How bout the week after?

Okay. You know the brookies are in the middle of their spawning run and I've taken a few small lakers out of the river right here in CFalls after a difficult work day fishing...and I went to a scrimmage earlier this year...just hope nobody gets hurt and the third and fourth string is in before half.
Aha! That explains a few things.

But yeah, I'm taking my buddy and his family over to Nat-ok-i-o-kan, on Sunday, then leaving for Bozo on Wednesday, hitting the game then having my bro take me out on his new drift on the "Elk River" and returning on Monday.

I have to fit some work in so how about the following Sunday?

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:40 pm

LongTimeCatFan wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
How bout the week after?

But yeah, I'm taking my buddy and his family over to Nat-ok-i-o-kan, on Sunday, then leaving for Bozo on Wednesday, hitting the game then having my bro take me out on his new drift on the "Elk River" and returning on Monday.

Okay, I should mark my calander now and should be back from Stevi in decent time. It's closer than Corvallis tomorrow and we're just going to stay there tomorrow night and walk all over Missoula Saturday with our Cat gear... :D (Plus that daughter of mine moves into the evil sides dorms tomorrow... :arrow:

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:42 pm

Cat Grad wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
How bout the week after?

Okay, I should mark my calander now and should be back from Stevi in decent time. It's closer than Corvallis tomorrow and we're just going to stay there tomorrow night and walk all over Missoula Saturday with our Cat gear... :D (Plus that daughter of mine moves into the evil sides dorms tomorrow... :arrow:
[emoji106]

lutecat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by lutecat » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:11 am

Cat Grad wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
How bout the week after?

You are a failure as a parent....... :-^ :-^

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:49 am

lutecat wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
How bout the week after?

Please, show a little compassion and empathy! I am so embarrassed and ashamed right now! :oops: If there's any consolation, I get to wander around Missoula with a friend and we'll be wearing our Cat gear after the C Falls-Corvallis game tonight and tomorrow. I just can't believe you'd point out my lack of parenting--like so many others have in the past! This is what my four kids have done to me when they chose colleges: Idaho because of the fishing, Georgia Southern because of their football, The College of Charleston and Baylor because of their academics and now this???? I've asked her where she intends to go to college after she graduates--probably next week becaus she already know how to stay in the lines when she colors...God! What if she's planning on becoming a lawyer????

lutecat

Post by lutecat » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:10 am

Cat Grad wrote:
lutecat wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
How bout the week after?

Please, show a little compassion and empathy! I am so embarrassed and ashamed right now! :oops: If there's any consolation, I get to wander around Missoula with a friend and we'll be wearing our Cat gear after the C Falls-Corvallis game tonight and tomorrow. I just can't believe you'd point out my lack of parenting--like so many others have in the past! This is what my four kids have done to me when they chose colleges: Idaho because of the fishing, Georgia Southern because of their football, The College of Charleston and Baylor because of their academics and now this???? I've asked her where she intends to go to college after she graduates--probably next week becaus she already know how to stay in the lines when she colors...God! What if she's planning on becoming a lawyer????
I'm sorry. I should've shown a little compassion. You deserve my pity rather than my contempt and for that I am truly sorry. :( :( :( The only way this gets worse for you is if she does become a lawyer and goes to work for PlayerRep....... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:

Joe Bobcat

Post by Joe Bobcat » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:15 am

lutecat wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
lutecat wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
How bout the week after?

I'm sorry. I should've shown a little compassion. You deserve my pity rather than my contempt and for that I am truly sorry. :( :( :( The only way this gets worse for you is if she does become a lawyer and goes to work for PlayerRep....... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:
You can still be considered an ok parent if you can tell us that she is a solid Bobcat fan.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:19 am

You must not have told her Clark was going to be playing here.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:26 am

Joe Bobcat wrote:
lutecat wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
lutecat wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
How bout the week after?

You can still be considered an ok parent if you can tell us that she is a solid Bobcat fan.
No. No she's not. She's even tried to wear griz shiet into my house. Made her go change shirts.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:26 am

Joe Bobcat wrote:
lutecat wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
lutecat wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
How bout the week after?

No. No she's not. She's even tried to wear griz shiet into my house. Made her go change shirts.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:40 am

I'm not sure if I've ever seen a thread derail quite to this magnitude! :lol: =D^ =D^

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

LIBBYCAT
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: Where and when can Ginzel Bros. go fishing?

Post by LIBBYCAT » Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:00 pm

Sorry, had to update the title of the thread!

merff33
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by merff33 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:24 pm

You are a failure as a parent....... :-^ :-^[/quote]

Please, show a little compassion and empathy! I am so embarrassed and ashamed right now! :oops: If there's any consolation, I get to wander around Missoula with a friend and we'll be wearing our Cat gear after the C Falls-Corvallis game tonight and tomorrow. I just can't believe you'd point out my lack of parenting--like so many others have in the past! This is what my four kids have done to me when they chose colleges: Idaho because of the fishing, Georgia Southern because of their football, The College of Charleston and Baylor because of their academics and now this???? I've asked her where she intends to go to college after she graduates--probably next week becaus she already know how to stay in the lines when she colors...God! What if she's planning on becoming a lawyer????[/quote]

I'm sorry. I should've shown a little compassion. You deserve my pity rather than my contempt and for that I am truly sorry. :( :( :( The only way this gets worse for you is if she does become a lawyer and goes to work for PlayerRep....... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:[/quote]
You can still be considered an ok parent if you can tell us that she is a solid Bobcat fan.[/quote]

No. No she's not. She's even tried to wear griz shiet into my house. Made her go change shirts.[/quote]

You just redeemed yourself as a "Good parent" with that statement right there.

Quality.................NOT IN MY HOUSE!.................Quality

OVER THE LINE SMOKEY!!!...........Dude...mark it zero.

Weltercat
Member # Retired

Post by Weltercat » Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:49 pm

LongTimeCatFan wrote: Me neither. Montana is addicting and hypnotic. I'll never leave.
I don’t mean to derail this thread but what is the fascination with Montana? Even Meriwether Lewis had some weird fascination with it.
Coming from the south I can understand why this kid loves Montana compared to anywhere down there it's the garden of Edan. I always hear this from people who grow up in a particular place but it seems more prevalent in Montana. It has always baffled me and I am trying to understand it. I grew up in Montana and returned to MSU after a military stint. I didn’t plan on ever leaving the state but I am damn glad I did. I live in Washington and spend a great deal of time in British Columbia. Other than the large family and many siblings I have in Montana I don’t miss it at all. The only thing I can think of is big game hunting which is better in Montana than Washington but I still do it here and I usually harvest an extra deer in Montana at thanksgiving. I have always hunted waterfowl and it’s way better here in Washington. I fish more than I hunt and I will say that the trout streams are a little better in Montana but I enjoy steelhead/salmon fishing here more than trout fishing in Montana. I fish mountain lakes with my kids which is the same as Montana. I also go crabbing and clamming a lot which you obviously can’t do in Montana. I fish across the border in BC and it is way better than anywhere in Montana for trout/steelhead/salmon. I do wish I were a BC resident, they hunt moose and caribou there like they hunt deer in Montana. Montana and Washington are pretty similar in their amount of public land and spectacular backpacking which I do a lot of but neither can compare to what can be had in BC. The people in the rural areas of Washington and Montana are similar, maybe a little less welfare type trailer communities here in Washington but a few more end of the roader types as well. Both Washingtonians and Montanans are hysterically, irrationally afraid of wolves and grizzly bears, it’s funny. British Columbia residents shrug that stuff off as everyday occurrences, they laugh at us. I won’t say I’d never move back to Montana but I would need a compelling reason to leave here and I would miss the hell out of my hunting and fishing...
Last edited by Weltercat on Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

"The conservation of natural resources is the fundamental problem. Unless we solve that problem it will avail us little to solve all others." Theodore Roosevelt

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:49 pm

LIBBYCAT wrote:Sorry, had to update the title of the thread!
I had to look that up. I don't think we were talking about "that" kind of fishing

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:00 pm

When I first saw this name, I thought "wow, for a new thread this one is active. When I clicked on it I really did a LOL. I was wondering if they were going to invite Jesse.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Where and when can Ginzel Bros. go fishing?

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:04 pm

Weltercat wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote: Me neither. Montana is addicting and hypnotic. I'll never leave.
I don’t mean to derail this thread but what is the fascination with Montana? Even Meriwether Lewis had some weird fascination with it.
Coming from the south I can understand why this kid loves Montana compared to anywhere down there it's the garden of Edan. I always hear this from people who grow up in a particular place but it seems more prevalent in Montana. It has always baffled me and I am trying to understand it. I grew up in Montana and returned to MSU after a military stint. I didn’t plan on ever leaving the state but I am damn glad I did. I live in Washington and spend a great deal of time in British Columbia. Other than the large family and many siblings I have in Montana I don’t miss it at all. The only thing I can think of is big game hunting which is better in Montana than Washington but I still do it here and I usually harvest an extra deer in Montana at thanksgiving. I have always hunted waterfowl and it’s way better here in Washington. I fish more than I hunt and I will say that the trout streams are a little better in Montana but I enjoy steelhead/salmon fishing here more than trout fishing in Montana. I fish mountain lakes with my kids which is the same as Montana. I also go crabbing and clamming a lot which you obviously can’t do in Montana. I fish across the border in BC and it is way better than anywhere in Montana for trout/steelhead/salmon. I do wish I were a BC resident, they hunt moose and caribou there like they hunt deer in Montana. Montana and Washington are pretty similar in their amount of public land and spectacular backpacking which I do a lot of but neither can compare to what can be had in BC. The people in the rural areas of Washington and Montana are similar, maybe a little less welfare type trailer communities here in Washington but a few more end of the roader types as well. Both Washingtonians and Montanans are hysterically, irrationally afraid of wolves and grizzly bears, it’s funny. British Columbia residents shrug that stuff off as everyday occurrences, they laugh at us. I won’t say I’d never move back to Montana but I would need a compelling reason to leave here and I would miss the hell out of my hunting and fishing...
Bears in BC are largely meat eaters with a readily available supply (mostly fish). Bears in MT are largely herbivores eating mostly berries and cow parsnip with the occasional meaty treat. Some people say (bear biologists) that's why our bears are more aggressive, because they're hungrier for protein.

As far as the allure to Montana...

It's different for everyone. There are so many different aspects of Montana that are attractive. Thankfully, it's not appealing to everyone, otherwise it would loose it's mystique with too many damned people.

Here's some from MT mag

http://www.montanamagazine.com/love-letters-to-montana/

For me, I'm a 4th gen. I truly believe that being born here was like winning the lottery. There are so many things to do, but by far and away Glacier National Park is the source of my longing and is called the Crown of the Continent for a reason.

The mountains and waters of Glacier are not only a source of outdoor activity, but also a healing of the soul.

I don't know how anyone couldn't believe in God after gazing upon the beauty that lies within the park.

I may have been there a hundred times and will probably go a hundred more as I never tire of the place or her offerings. It is different every time and in some ways it is the same.

This summer while on the summit of a mountain and in the company of some tourists from Pennsylvania, we were discussing vacations and destinations and as they were oohing and awing, I shared that some people ask about where I would like to go for a vacation. I said, "why would I go anywhere else when I have this in my back yard?" They laughed and wished they could be so fortunate.

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature’s peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves. ~John Muir"

merff33
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by merff33 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:23 am

Bears in BC are largely meat eaters with a readily available supply (mostly fish). Bears in MT are largely herbivores eating mostly berries and cow parsnip with the occasional meaty treat. Some people say (bear biologists) that's why our bears are more aggressive, because they're hungrier for protein.

As far as the allure to Montana...

It's different for everyone. There are so many different aspects of Montana that are attractive. Thankfully, it's not appealing to everyone, otherwise it would loose it's mystique with too many damned people.

Here's some from MT mag

http://www.montanamagazine.com/love-letters-to-montana/

For me, I'm a 4th gen. I truly believe that being born here was like winning the lottery. There are so many things to do, but by far and away Glacier National Park is the source of my longing and is called the Crown of the Continent for a reason.

The mountains and waters of Glacier are not only a source of outdoor activity, but also a healing of the soul.

I don't know how anyone couldn't believe in God after gazing upon the beauty that lies within the park.

I may have been there a hundred times and will probably go a hundred more as I never tire of the place or her offerings. It is different every time and in some ways it is the same.

This summer while on the summit of a mountain and in the company of some tourists from Pennsylvania, we were discussing vacations and destinations and as they were oohing and awing, I shared that some people ask about where I would like to go for a vacation. I said, "why would I go anywhere else when I have this in my back yard?" They laughed and wished they could be so fortunate.

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature’s peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves. ~John Muir"
Image[/quote]

AMEN!

OVER THE LINE SMOKEY!!!...........Dude...mark it zero.