Ft Lewis Payday?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Mr Lisle
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Ft Lewis Payday?

Post by Mr Lisle » Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:58 pm

Anyone know what Ft. Lewis collects for this trip/game?
Durango is 801 driving miles from Bozeman...about 14 hours, a one day killer on a bus. Possibly a Tuesday departure to Denver, 6 1/2 hours, on to Bozeman Wednesday. Game Thursday night, leave Friday, home Saturday afternoon. It has to be more cost effective to fly. If I'm on a DII budget I'm flying out Thursday morning for Bozeman...should be a lot of planes available for an approximate 2 hour flight, walk the field after lunch, play Thursday evening and leave for home Friday morning....except for the occasional Allegiant charter in which case they may get home Saturday afternoon.

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Re: Ft Lewis Payday?

Post by 94VegasCat » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:20 pm

If they chartered Allegiance, they'd end up being late for kickoff.

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:12 pm

I think these games are around 80-100k but not sure.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

kcatz

Post by kcatz » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:20 pm

When we played the Thursday night game against Utah, our players had to be back for class the next morning. They left after the game, feed on the bus and drove straight home. Anyone with an 8 am class was expected to be in class.

Not sure if the same could be true for Fort Lewis but thought that was interesting for the mid-week games.

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:03 pm

kcatz wrote:When we played the Thursday night game against Utah, our players had to be back for class the next morning. They left after the game, feed on the bus and drove straight home. Anyone with an 8 am class was expected to be in class.

Not sure if the same could be true for Fort Lewis but thought that was interesting for the mid-week games.
Cripes, I rarely made it to an 8 am class on my best of days and actually had to drop even most of my 9 am classes ... that's brutal (and counter-productive) to expect them to attend classes after a road night game.

imacat

Post by imacat » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:54 pm

SonomaCat wrote:
kcatz wrote:When we played the Thursday night game against Utah, our players had to be back for class the next morning. They left after the game, feed on the bus and drove straight home. Anyone with an 8 am class was expected to be in class.

Cripes, I rarely made it to an 8 am class on my best of days and actually had to drop even most of my 9 am classes ... that's brutal (and counter-productive) to expect them to attend classes after a road night game.
I disagree with "brutal (and counter-productive)"; it is setting the correct priorities.

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:16 am

imacat wrote:
SonomaCat wrote:

I disagree with "brutal (and counter-productive)"; it is setting the correct priorities.
To clarify my view, I see it as silly to require students to be sleep-deprived (as part of their official duties for the school) and then attend early classes without ample sleep. They won't learn anything and will be wasted for the entire day.

If one's priorities are that students attend every early morning class of the week, then the solution is to not schedule weeknight road games. But simply having the students attend class as zombies accomplishes nothing beyond giving the appearance that one is trying to emphasize academics when you really aren't (as clearly the priority was to accept a Thursday night game so the school would get a huge check from Utah ... which is fine).

Mr Lisle

Post by Mr Lisle » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:32 am

During the Sweeney era the CATS lost to Weber State in Ogden, considered an upset. But coach Sweeney was even more upset. When the team bus rolled up to the fieldhouse Sunday he ordered everyone into the locker room to change into their equipment, then took them out to the practice field and did the "rented mule" routine on them.
When James was the head coach at Washington the team came back to Seattle immediately after the game, no matter what. After a night game in Florida they got home later than 0-dark-30.

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by GoCats18 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:17 pm

Anyone know if we plan on playing up again anytime soon?

Punters are people too!!

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:37 pm

Exactly.....one case of these

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
www.maroonblood.com
www.championshipsubdivision.com

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:43 pm

GoCats18 wrote:Anyone know if we plan on playing up again anytime soon?
2016 Idaho
2017 Washington State
2019 Texas Tech

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

KittieKop

Post by KittieKop » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:11 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
2016 Idaho
2017 Washington State
2019 Texas Tech
So the answer is yes, 2017 when we play the Cougars again?

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:50 pm

KittieKop wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
2016 Idaho
2017 Washington State
2019 Texas Tech
So the answer is yes, 2017 when we play the Cougars again?
:lol:

Might have to make the trip over to the palouse the next two seasons. I love that country...

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

blueandgoldblitz

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:32 am

Hawks86 wrote:
2016 Idaho
2017 Washington State
2019 Texas Tech
Is playing Idaho really considered playing up? BAZINGA!

Bobcat Sig

Post by Bobcat Sig » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:01 am

blueandgoldblitz wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
2016 Idaho
2017 Washington State
2019 Texas Tech
Is playing Idaho really considered playing up? BAZINGA!
No bazinga. Not now, not ever.

Back on topic; a road trip on the motorcycle for a Cats game that time of year would be fantastic.

griz fans; keeping it classy and gracious in winning since ... well, never.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:06 pm

“We’re going to try to phase out the Division II games,” he said. “It’s going to cost us money and it’s going to be difficult, but as a nationally ranked FCS team and a playoff-contending team, we just feel philosophically it’s something we should do, play all Division I games. It’s sort of a departmental philosophy now to strengthen our schedule.”

Both Fields and Ash said MSU has a couple home-and-home contracts in the works with noted FCS programs, though neither revealed what they are.

“They are games that are fans will recognize and will like,” Fields said.
http://billingsgazette.com/sports/colle ... gregrachac

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:15 pm

Glad we are going to move to a D1 schedule.

Kind of ironic that we sometimes rely on FBS playup games, but are moving towards a schedule that doesn't include playdown games, in which those DII teams need the money we give them in the same way we need it from the FBS schools.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:33 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
“We’re going to try to phase out the Division II games,” he said. “It’s going to cost us money and it’s going to be difficult, but as a nationally ranked FCS team and a playoff-contending team, we just feel philosophically it’s something we should do, play all Division I games. It’s sort of a departmental philosophy now to strengthen our schedule.”

Both Fields and Ash said MSU has a couple home-and-home contracts in the works with noted FCS programs, though neither revealed what they are.

\:D/

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:52 pm

Hawks86 wrote:

I'll go out on a (sturdy?) limb and guess it will be a Texas team, based on the team's out of state recruiting. Sam Houston?

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:35 pm

PapaG wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:

I'll go out on a (sturdy?) limb and guess it will be a Texas team, based on the team's out of state recruiting. Sam Houston?
I got the feeling that the talks are with several teams going out into the future, not just one and done.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic