Speedy RB verbals

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

codecat
Member # Retired

Re: Speedy RB verbals

Post by codecat » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:01 pm

77matcat wrote:
allcat wrote:Shawn was always dynamic, but I can't remember it working well when he ran East and West.
Agree with this recollection. I didn't blame SJ however. Special teams coach apparently didn't focus him on north/south till he was a senior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote

It seems to me that most guys that have enough speed to run away from guys in high school pick up a lot of bad habits, including running sideways, backwards, in circles, etc, (something entirely instinctual to them) and when they get to the level and speed of competition here, find they cannot do that - however it usually takes a couple years to break them of their bad habits. Yes it is ultimately on the position coach, but it still takes time and repetitions to gain enough discipline to overcome some of their instincts.

London Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down, London Bridge is falling down, Bye-Bye Fauci!

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:41 pm

blueandgoldblitz wrote:
luckyirishguy25 wrote:Wow, That kids film is ridiculous... and he still has his senior year to rack up more highlights. I hope we can keep him, it wouldn't surprise me to see him get P5 schools trying to steal him after his senior year.
It's possible the P5 schools won't take him just because he's kind of short (5'7). We can dream anyways : )
Sproles is 5'6" I believe. And K State loved him. Of course he was built like a fire plug...

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:09 am

Tucker finished the game with 15 rushes for 182 yards as he helped the Tigers beat Little Elm 33-7 Friday night at Memorial Stadium.
http://www.terrelltribune.com/community ... fbb52.html

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:07 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
Tucker finished the game with 15 rushes for 182 yards as he helped the Tigers beat Little Elm 33-7 Friday night at Memorial Stadium.
http://www.terrelltribune.com/community ... fbb52.html
I'd say he's a keeper. He takes a perceived weakness (height) and turns it into a strength.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber