Speedy RB verbals

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Speedy RB verbals

Post by Hawks86 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:13 pm

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

blueandgoldblitz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Speedy RB verbals

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:24 pm

His film looks pretty good! He seems pretty small, but he's pretty speedy and slippery

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:28 pm

Love it

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:34 pm

Nice! Speedy little scat back player, will thrive in this offense.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:36 pm

Don't look now but we already have 5 verbals.

Derek Marks - TE/DE (Montana)
Darrius Mossley - OL (Texas)
Karl Tucker - WR (Montana)
Sean Opland - RB/LB (Montana)
Dawonya Tucker - RB/WR (Texas)

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Post by Bozcat003 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:40 pm

Off to an extremely fast start =D^ =D^

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:03 pm

Great highlights. He gets to top speed extremely quick. Reminds me of Darren Sproles or deanthony thomas

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:24 pm

Wow, That kids film is ridiculous... and he still has his senior year to rack up more highlights. I hope we can keep him, it wouldn't surprise me to see him get P5 schools trying to steal him after his senior year.

catzfan55
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by catzfan55 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:03 pm

VimSince03 wrote:Don't look now but we already have 5 verbals.

Derek Marks - TE/DE (Montana)
Darrius Mossley - OL (Texas)
Karl Tucker - WR (Montana)
Sean Opland - RB/LB (Montana)
Dawonya Tucker - RB/WR (Texas)

What about Jake Sessions ( OL )

blueandgoldblitz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:09 pm

luckyirishguy25 wrote:Wow, That kids film is ridiculous... and he still has his senior year to rack up more highlights. I hope we can keep him, it wouldn't surprise me to see him get P5 schools trying to steal him after his senior year.
It's possible the P5 schools won't take him just because he's kind of short (5'7). We can dream anyways : )

papa_joe12
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by papa_joe12 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:29 pm

Can't help but notice how many teams were run blitzing and keeping 7 or 8 in the box and he still gains plus yardage. Great burst and very decisive. Sets up his blocks well and is patient.

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by GoCats18 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:09 pm

This kid would destroy any defense that any Montana AA school has. I am excited to see this kid playing for us after Brekke and Newell are gone. I think this is a great pickup for us.

Punters are people too!!

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:35 pm

GoCats18 wrote:This kid would destroy any defense that any Montana AA school has. I am excited to see this kid playing for us after Brekke and Newell are gone. I think this is a great pickup for us.
I've had several discussions over coffee in various places this summer and it always comes down to this conversation: Boulder (Jefferson County) has the best athletes and the best team regardless of classification going into this fall. How will this younger version of a certain kid who ran for Chadron do against their defense in the event Troy gets out of their division and into the playoffs?

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:28 pm

He must be a pretty bright guy as well -- looks like two service academies offered him.

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:29 pm

Cat Grad wrote:
GoCats18 wrote:This kid would destroy any defense that any Montana AA school has. I am excited to see this kid playing for us after Brekke and Newell are gone. I think this is a great pickup for us.
I've had several discussions over coffee in various places this summer and it always comes down to this conversation: Boulder (Jefferson County) has the best athletes and the best team regardless of classification going into this fall. How will this younger version of a certain kid who ran for Chadron do against their defense in the event Troy gets out of their division and into the playoffs?
It's kinda funny to hear that Boulder has the best athletes in the state, considering I'm from Boulder, but I haven't lived there in quite some time. They may have the best, I really don't know, but Boulder lost a lot of athletes when all the "over the hill" kids decided to go to Helena instead.

Bemiller49
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Bemiller49 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:32 pm

This thread is mostly about that kid from Texas. But if you are reffering to Sean, the lack of players around him would make it tough against a solid D. But one on one I would take him against any one in the state. If they are bigger then he is faster, if they are faster then he is bigger and stronger.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:38 pm

luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
It's kinda funny to hear that Boulder has the best athletes in the state, considering I'm from Boulder, but I haven't lived there in quite some time. They may have the best, I really don't know, but Boulder lost a lot of athletes when all the "over the hill" kids decided to go to Helena instead.
I'm just asking a general question referencing some older guys who I was raised with in the Gallatin. They feel Boulder is loaded this year and several of their kids will play beyond high school. I personally have not seen them, but I do trust their assessments. If Boulder is really that good, how will this Troy kid do against them if they get into the playoffs?

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:46 pm

Cat Grad wrote:
luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
I'm just asking a general question referencing some older guys who I was raised with in the Gallatin. They feel Boulder is loaded this year and several of their kids will play beyond high school. I personally have not seen them, but I do trust their assessments. If Boulder is really that good, how will this Troy kid do against them if they get into the playoffs?
Why are we having this discussion on the thread about the Texas running back? I don't think they're traveling to jeffco this year

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:53 pm

Cat Grad wrote:
luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
I think gocats was referencing the new commit from Texas.

From FB I do know Boulder had a good team last year, although rival Townsend beat the S out of them. Sounds like they have a good team this year, we'll see how it goes... But when I graduated we had almost 350 kids, and one of the biggest class B schools in the state. My niece is graduating MSU this year and I remember her graduating class was like 32. I'm pretty sure enrollment hasn't changed, so that's a pretty small pond. But as I've said I haven't lived there in years so your guess is as good as mine.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:55 pm

http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/bl ... 68a76.html

He's the first player on hudl with a sub 4.5 40 time that I actually believe. He's definitely quick and has great balance.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber