Odin Coe

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Mr Lisle
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Odin Coe

Post by Mr Lisle » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:55 pm

I noted OC on the preseason list as an honorable mention All-American. I recall he left to join the Navy and become a Seal. Anyone heard from or about him? He is a good guy. For the record...you don't "join" the Seals: you apply, are run through an unimaginable endurance program that makes college football look like a quilting bee. IF you are one of the few who make it through that, you are not automaically in. You must then be selected. I wish him the best!

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Re: Odin Coe

Post by Hawks86 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:09 pm

He graduated in May, so his journey is just beginning. =D^

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Mr Lisle
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Mr Lisle » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:57 pm

Hawks86 wrote:He graduated in May, so his journey is just beginning. =D^
This is where things get murky for me. He redshirted and graduated in 4 years, sooooo does he still have one year of eligibility left? :-k

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:37 pm

Mr Lisle wrote:
This is where things get murky for me. He redshirted and graduated in 4 years, sooooo does he still have one year of eligibility left? :-k
If he wants to play, he would have to take either graduate school or start working on another degree. For example, Jake Bleskin graduated but he will take some graduate courses to play next year. If I'm wrong, someone should correct me.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

JDoub
Member # Retired

Post by JDoub » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:16 am

VimSince03 wrote:
Mr Lisle wrote:
If he wants to play, he would have to take either graduate school or start working on another degree. For example, Jake Bleskin graduated but he will take some graduate courses to play next year. If I'm wrong, someone should correct me.
You are correct, but with one caveat:

The eligibility rules used to be basically you have 5 years to play 4 once you enroll in school. The two major exceptions that can suspend that 5 year clock are:
1. Military service
2. Religious service

I think those rules are still the same. If so, that means Coe could still have 1 year eligibility left once he is done with his military service. And because he graduated, he could play anywhere without transfer restrictions.

From what I've read, he has no intention of playing another year.

But, that could be a scary thought -- Odin Coe, military vetran, Navy SEAL, 28 years old, decides to play college football one more year, just for the hell of it! :)

Jobu
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Jobu » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:55 pm

But, that could be a scary thought -- Odin Coe, military vetran, Navy SEAL, 28 years old, decides to play college football one more year, just for the hell of it!
:shock:

No $hit. That would make a few knees weak, I'm sure!

Hats for bats. Keeps bats warm.