I'm impressed

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

lutecat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

I'm impressed

Post by lutecat » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:49 am

I'm usually at work well before 6, but this morning I was after some Granny's Donuts to take for my employees(they were closed). I drove past the field and there were 20 or so cars parked outside. I assume it was players from the football team at their player run practices. I knew they had those practices, but I didn't know they were doing them at 6 in the morning. That's dedication, getting college students to get up at 5/530 to go to practice during the summer. I think that bodes well for us.

JDoub
Member # Retired

Re: I'm impressed

Post by JDoub » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:18 pm

lutecat wrote:I'm usually at work well before 6, but this morning I was after some Granny's Donuts to take for my employees(they were closed). I drove past the field and there were 20 or so cars parked outside. I assume it was players from the football team at their player run practices. I knew they had those practices, but I didn't know they were doing them at 6 in the morning. That's dedication, getting college students to get up at 5/530 to go to practice during the summer. I think that bodes well for us.
Yep

We were in town last week for the middle school football camp (yes, drove from SLC so my 13 yr old could get coached by Tim Cramsey!), and showed up at the stadium around coffee time, 7:30AM, and about 20 players were finishing their workout. Talked to a few guys who said they are there every morning, and about 40 guys in all participate. Des Carter, who also coached the kids in camp, said many of them work out 2 or 3 times a day along with the morning work.

Great stuff for Bobcat fans. Unless you're an over the hill dad who now has to get up at 6AM to work out with his 3 young SONS, all because some Bobcat players inspired them :wink:
Last edited by JDoub on Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ImagineSanta
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by ImagineSanta » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:45 pm

Must.....resist....jokes... :bag:

I think you don't get it. Sleeping in until 6 won't get many people very far in life, especially if they want to play on Sunday.
-Cat Grad

JDoub
Member # Retired

Post by JDoub » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:54 pm

ImagineSanta wrote:Must.....resist....jokes... :bag:
get outta the gutter

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:51 pm

They should be starting at 4. 6 isn't impressive at all.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:10 pm

bobcat99 wrote:They should be starting at 4. 6 isn't impressive at all.
I agree, the day's half over at 6am... :bag:

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:51 pm

I'm confused and have lost track in my dotage, but what hour did we actually decide was the proper one as to not be labelled a pussy. However when you think about it being labelled a pussy on our campus might be a good thing.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:05 pm

allcat wrote:I'm confused and have lost track in my dotage, but what hour did we actually decide was the proper one as to not be labelled a pussy. However when you think about it being labelled a pussy on our campus might be a good thing.
They must be done by 6 or it doesn't count.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

lutecat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by lutecat » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:36 pm

Sorry. I was negligent in my post. They didn't get up to work out at 6.....they had been practicing since midnight and we're still going at 6.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:19 pm

I used to walk uphill everyday to and from school and in the snow..

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

33MONTEBOSTON33
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by 33MONTEBOSTON33 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:38 pm

I, too, was at the Jr High football camp in Bozeman last week. My grandson and I camped out there, and at 7 am every morning to watch the CATS work out. He was very impressed with them

I also was impressed with their work ethic and dedication. More impressive was Kane Ioane and Jody Owens working with the junior elite camp linebackers. Fine young men and coaches. Their positive teaching and coaching will bring the "D" back in the name defense at MSU this fall.. I look forward to the CAT season and especially a much improved defense. With Owens and Kane on the field, it will happen.

catpound
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by catpound » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:57 pm

lutecat wrote:I'm usually at work well before 6, but this morning I was after some Granny's Donuts to take for my employees(they were closed). I drove past the field and there were 20 or so cars parked outside. I assume it was players from the football team at their player run practices. I knew they had those practices, but I didn't know they were doing them at 6 in the morning. That's dedication, getting college students to get up at 5/530 to go to practice during the summer. I think that bodes well for us.
I would hope they would be out there working out, as every team in the country is doing the same at 5 AM or so...including NAIA, it is nothing new.

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:54 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
allcat wrote:I'm confused and have lost track in my dotage, but what hour did we actually decide was the proper one as to not be labelled a pussy. However when you think about it being labelled a pussy on our campus might be a good thing.
Yea, kids these days! :D Who told them they could sleep in until 5-5.30??? Gtapp would NEVER approve! :coffee:

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:39 am

catsrback76 wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
Yea, kids these days! :D Who told them they could sleep in until 5-5.30??? Gtapp would NEVER approve! :coffee:
For the last time; the person who started that whole 6am crap was NOT me. In fact I work out at 7-9 pm. I don't know how anyone could work out that early!

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

ImagineSanta
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by ImagineSanta » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:48 am

gtapp wrote:
catsrback76 wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
For the last time; the person who started that whole 6am crap was NOT me. In fact I work out at 7-9 pm. I don't know how anyone could work out that early!
I work out at 5 AM, but it sucks.
Please see my sig below.

I think you don't get it. Sleeping in until 6 won't get many people very far in life, especially if they want to play on Sunday.
-Cat Grad

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:33 am

gtapp wrote:
catsrback76 wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
You say for the last time, would you bet on that?

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:07 am

I'm pretty sure the guy who started the 6 a.m. stuff is a BobCAT GRADuate.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

tdub
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by tdub » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:37 am

What you guys didn't see was that they were wrapping up their day about then. They had already been in the weight room, served breakfast to Cat Grad and his buddies at the Senior's Center, helped an elderly lady across the street, picked up all the trash on the stretch of I-90 from Livingston to Bozeman, and rescued a kitten from a tree. It was a quiet day. :-^

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts. - Dan Gable

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:55 am

tdub wrote:What you guys didn't see was that they were wrapping up their day about then. They had already been in the weight room, served breakfast to Cat Grad and his buddies at the Senior's Center, helped an elderly lady across the street, picked up all the trash on the stretch of I-90 from Livingston to Bozeman, and rescued a kitten from a tree. It was a quiet day. :-^
At least Timmy did not fall down the well.

tdub
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by tdub » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:07 am

allcat wrote:
tdub wrote:What you guys didn't see was that they were wrapping up their day about then. They had already been in the weight room, served breakfast to Cat Grad and his buddies at the Senior's Center, helped an elderly lady across the street, picked up all the trash on the stretch of I-90 from Livingston to Bozeman, and rescued a kitten from a tree. It was a quiet day. :-^
At least Timmy did not fall down the well.
Nope...I steered clear of the well today.

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts. - Dan Gable