Byron Rollins prepping for DL

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Byron Rollins prepping for DL

Post by Hawks86 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:31 am

Petroff laid out a very detailed plan for Rollins. First, the future Bobcat had to start eating -- really start eating. Breakfasts and lunches for high school kids are typically made up of pizza, burgers, noodles and donuts; whatever can be found in the fast food joints around their school -- and with Southgate Mall just a quick car ride from Sentinel there is plenty of less nutritious food to be found.

Those were quickly cut out of Rollins' diet in favor of a protein-heavy diet that consisted of eggs, meat and healthy fats.

"He’s done well. He went from eating barely anything to eating 300 grams of protein a day," Petroff said.

The two also restructured the workouts Rollins completed at Sentinel. Hoping to stave off injuries experienced by prep linemen making the transition to college football, they concentrated on increasing Rollins' core strength before moving into posterior work and more power-based lifts.

The results have been impressive. Rollins is now somewhere near 270 pounds and more agile than ever.
http://missoulian.com/sports/high-schoo ... K4.twitter

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

kwcat
Member # Retired

Re: Byron Rollins prepping for DL

Post by kwcat » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:30 am

Sounds as if we've got even better than expected on our hands.

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Byron Rollins prepping for DL

Post by GoCats18 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:00 pm

I really hope that Byron gets a chance to play and I really hope this kid becomes a star player for this team. I have known his parents since high school, they are great people and his dad was a Bobcat. I am glad that he ended up picking the Cats.

Punters are people too!!