Update on Palomar College DT Joe Naotala

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Update on Palomar College DT Joe Naotala

Post by gtapp » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:03 pm

Originally I was not that excited about this kid because I couldn't get much information on him even from an O-lineman on the Palomar team. I ran into the Palomar coach today (he lives 2 doors down) and when I asked him his response was fast and confident. He said Naotala is a solid D-1 player who got overlooked only because he is 6'2" tall. He said he will be a great player for us. He also knows a lot about the MSU defensive coaching situation (he coach on the 84 NC team). He had some very positive things to say about Ioane (not surprising) and when I said Ioane was CO-defensive coordinator he said "don't kid yourself. He is the Defensive coordinator. That also was nice to hear.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Re: Update on Palomar College DT Joe Naotala

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:03 pm

gtapp wrote:He said Naotala is a solid D-1 player who got overlooked only because he is 6'2" tall.
Coaches are dumb. 6'2" is the idea height for a defensive tackle.

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

Norsky19
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Norsky19 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:44 am

Pad level!

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:21 am

gtapp wrote:Originally I was not that excited about this kid because I couldn't get much information on him even from an O-lineman on the Palomar team. I ran into the Palomar coach today (he lives 2 doors down) and when I asked him his response was fast and confident. He said Naotala is a solid D-1 player who got overlooked only because he is 6'2" tall. He said he will be a great player for us. He also knows a lot about the MSU defensive coaching situation (he coach on the 84 NC team). He had some very positive things to say about Ioane (not surprising) and when I said Ioane was CO-defensive coordinator he said "don't kid yourself. He is the Defensive coordinator. That also was nice to hear.
Could you go knock on the coaches door to borrow some sugar and nonchalantly ask if Joe got his AA degree?

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

ibleedblue
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by ibleedblue » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:05 pm

Rumor is he is taking summer school classes to graduate. Is this good news or bad? Meaning, if he didn't graduate already and needs extra classes to do it where does that leave him? Do these kids have to graduate in spring with their class to be eligible to play or be a part of the team in the fall?

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:50 pm

The best DT MSU has had in recent years by far was only 6'1".

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:00 pm

ibleedblue wrote:Rumor is he is taking summer school classes to graduate. Is this good news or bad? Meaning, if he didn't graduate already and needs extra classes to do it where does that leave him? Do these kids have to graduate in spring with their class to be eligible to play or be a part of the team in the fall?

If this is true, then I believe he will miss fall camp, but will be good to join the team assuming he graduates in the summer.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:43 pm

luckyirishguy25 wrote:
ibleedblue wrote:Rumor is he is taking summer school classes to graduate. Is this good news or bad? Meaning, if he didn't graduate already and needs extra classes to do it where does that leave him? Do these kids have to graduate in spring with their class to be eligible to play or be a part of the team in the fall?

If this is true, then I believe he will miss fall camp, but will be good to join the team assuming he graduates in the summer.
There is a great thread about Vernon "No Degree" Adams on the College board. Why not add to your rumor-mongering about a potential MSU player on the Bobcat board?

What is your source?

"I believe." :roll:

What a ride

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:20 pm

PapaG wrote:
luckyirishguy25 wrote:

There is a great thread about Vernon "No Degree" Adams on the College board. Why not add to your rumor-mongering about a potential MSU player on the Bobcat board?

What is your source?

He tweeted about summer school. The jc rules are confusing and in my opinion he won't be able to participate in part or all of fall camp. Am I spreading rumors or opinion?

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:29 pm

PapaG wrote:
luckyirishguy25 wrote:

What is your source?

Who pissed in your Cheerios?

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:55 pm

PapaG wrote:
luckyirishguy25 wrote:

What is your source?

Wow you're just a grade A douche bag aren't you.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:16 pm

luckyirishguy25 wrote:

Welcome to egriz!

What a ride

ibleedblue

Post by ibleedblue » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:52 pm

PapaG wrote:
luckyirishguy25 wrote:

What is your source?

A very specific tweet directly from Naotala jack wagon. When you have no knowledge of a particular situation you should just stay quiet and not act like you know what is going on over others. Oh wait, you're the one who claimed to talk to his coach and that you guys are buds and neighbors....yet you had no idea about his attending summer school and possibly being ineligible for fall camp....maybe you're the one full of BS

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:16 pm

ibleedblue wrote:
PapaG wrote:
luckyirishguy25 wrote:

What is your source?

A very specific tweet directly from Naotala jack wagon. When you have no knowledge of a particular situation you should just stay quiet and not act like you know what is going on over others. Oh wait, you're the one who claimed to talk to his coach and that you guys are buds and neighbors....yet you had no idea about his attending summer school and possibly being ineligible for fall camp....maybe you're the one full of BS
Actually that was me. His coach never mentioned anything about his grades. He may not even know since Naotala is not on the team anymore.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

ibleedblue

Post by ibleedblue » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:40 am

Sorry, Gary, I got you...a respectable poster with legitimate knowledge of Bobcat football who often contributes positively to conversations on this site....confused with a crabby old man who contributes nothing and tries to pick fights as he attempts to deal with issues stemming from the days he was bullied in high school. My bad!

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:47 am

PapaG wrote:
luckyirishguy25 wrote:

Welcome to egriz!
So is that your whole point? attack posters for what ever reason you see fit? create a situation over nothing? cry about how the mods have chided you on every other post you make?
Well if that's your plan to turn this into Egriz your off to a great start, unfortunately none of us particularly like Egriz since its a perpetual circle jerk. I guess if circle jerking is your thing, maybe you should go post on Egriz with the other chronic masturbators.

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BigBruceBaker » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:27 am

luckyirishguy25 wrote:

I'm wondering if he still could go through fall camp if he took a few classes the first semester of summer right? I'm trying to remember when I was in college, i thought they had maybe a June-mid July and a mid July to september.

Anyways, I hope he gets it nailed down and come for fall camp as it would be nice to have more depth.

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:06 am

luckyirishguy25 wrote:
PapaG wrote:
luckyirishguy25 wrote:

Welcome to egriz!
So is that your whole point? attack posters for what ever reason you see fit? create a situation over nothing? cry about how the mods have chided you on every other post you make?
Well if that's your plan to turn this into Egriz your off to a great start, unfortunately none of us particularly like Egriz since its a perpetual circle jerk. I guess if circle jerking is your thing, maybe you should go post on Egriz with the other chronic masturbators.
You and Papa have developed an animosity where it feels like both are just trying to big dick the other guy. I say you both are winners, and can quit the snipe hunting.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:20 am

Despite papa G it's actually safer to say something bad about MSU than um. I questioned a call in a um basketball game and was eviscerated to a point where I ended up agreeing with those attacking. The funny thing was grizgirl was one of the people that stepped in and proved them wrong.

Anyway...Palomar JC summer classes end on July 23 (6-week) and August 6 (8-week).

Both LA Harbor (Jessie Clark) sessions end on August 15. I'm not holding my breath on that one. ](*,)

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:51 pm

PapaG wrote:
luckyirishguy25 wrote:

What is your source?

Here's a source for ya: http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2015/j ... -pass-two/