Update on Palomar College DT Joe Naotala

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Re: Update on Palomar College DT Joe Naotala

Post by gtapp » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:32 pm

Found out today that Joe was a qualifier out of HS. He is taking extra course(s) at Palomar to prepare for school at MSU. From what I here; good kid, good student, good player!!! He will be at Fall camp on time!

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:23 pm

gtapp wrote:Found out today that Joe was a qualifier out of HS. He is taking extra course(s) at Palomar to prepare for school at MSU. From what I here; good kid, good student, good player!!! He will be at Fall camp on time!
great news!

FTG- GO CATS GO!

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:04 pm

Did You Know:
Joe Naotola once ran for 199 yards on 14 carries in a high school game? He was named San Diego Union-Tribune player of the week for the effort.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:34 am

According to my sources :wink: I think Joe is on his way to campus very,very, soon.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:48 am

Hawks86 wrote:According to my sources :wink: I think Joe is on his way to campus very,very, soon.
Nice....was there any final word on Jessie Clark?

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:11 am

wbtfg wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:According to my sources :wink: I think Joe is on his way to campus very,very, soon.
Not that I've seen.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:15 am

Is he bringing any new clothing that we can debate?

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:23 am

allcat wrote:
Is he bringing any new clothing that we can debate?
I guess I'm too old to speak about such things. :( :lol:

Mr Lisle
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Mr Lisle » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:50 pm

gtapp wrote:Originally I was not that excited about this kid because I couldn't get much information on him even from an O-lineman on the Palomar team. I ran into the Palomar coach today (he lives 2 doors down) and when I asked him his response was fast and confident. He said Naotala is a solid D-1 player who got overlooked only because he is 6'2" tall. He said he will be a great player for us. He also knows a lot about the MSU defensive coaching situation (he coach on the 84 NC team). He had some very positive things to say about Ioane (not surprising) and when I said Ioane was CO-defensive coordinator he said "don't kid yourself. He is the Defensive coordinator. That also was nice to hear.
It's amazing to me to find former MSU offensive coordinator Bill Dedrick coaching the quarterbacks at Palomar. Not that there's anything wrong with that. He was the architect of the great 1984 Bobcat NC championship offense. He has had an amazing career. Just thought I owed it to him to display most of it here.
82-83 Whitworth HC
84-85 MSU OC
86-88 Idaho OC
89-90 Washington State OC
91-92 Edmonton Eskimos OC
94-97 University of Washington OC
98-01 Stanford OC
02-04 Notre Dame OC
05-06 Calgary Stampeders OC
08-09 Indiana State OC
14-15 Palomar JC quarterbacks.
Knowing Dedrick...okay, I met him briefly once....the job at Palomar is definitely not a "retirement job". The man loves what he does. If he says Naotala can play, then the kid can play!

JDoub
Member # Retired

Post by JDoub » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:57 pm

Mr Lisle wrote: It's amazing to me to find former MSU offensive coordinator Bill Dedrick coaching the quarterbacks at Palomar. Not that there's anything wrong with that. He was the architect of the great 1984 Bobcat NC championship offense. He has had an amazing career. Just thought I owed it to him to display most of it here.
82-83 Whitworth HC
84-85 MSU OC
86-88 Idaho OC
98-01 Stanford OC
02-04 Notre Dame OC
08-09 Indiana State OC
Knowing Dedrick...okay, I met him briefly once....the job at Palomar is definitely not a "retirement job". The man loves what he does. If he says Naotala can play, then the kid can play!
I was unaware Bill was working with Palomar, good for him.

I assumed gtapp was referring to JG Aegerter as the coach he spoke with. JG was on the same coaching staff as Diedrick when we won the NC. Aegerter is a defense guy, would know the most about a DT prospect. Either way, both coaches are stand up guys -- in fact, they both need to stand on their toes to see eye to eye with the shortest guys on the team! :)

Mr Lisle
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Mr Lisle » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:20 pm

JDoub wrote:
Mr Lisle wrote: It's amazing to me to find former MSU offensive coordinator Bill Dedrick coaching the quarterbacks at Palomar. Not that there's anything wrong with that. He was the architect of the great 1984 Bobcat NC championship offense. He has had an amazing career. Just thought I owed it to him to display most of it here.
82-83 Whitworth HC
84-85 MSU OC
86-88 Idaho OC
98-01 Stanford OC
02-04 Notre Dame OC
08-09 Indiana State OC
I was unaware Bill was working with Palomar, good for him.

I assumed gtapp was referring to JG Aegerter as the coach he spoke with. JG was on the same coaching staff as Diedrick when we won the NC. Aegerter is a defense guy, would know the most about a DT prospect. Either way, both coaches are stand up guys -- in fact, they both need to stand on their toes to see eye to eye with the shortest guys on the team! :)
I heard sometime back Diedrick was coaching JC somewhere in California. When I saw mention on gtapps post about Naotala having a former MSU coach I thought "what are the odds?" I took a look, and sure enough, there was Diedrick. I never even considered checking out to see if another coach may have been from 1984 MSU. "What are the odds?"

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:53 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
Not that I've seen.
Jessie Clark and Joe Naotala are still in school. Their eligibility is still TBD. Shiloh LaBoy is on campus as is Zach Stern.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:12 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
Not that I've seen.
Jessie Clark and Joe Naotala are still in school. Their eligibility is still TBD. Shiloh LaBoy is on campus as is Zach Stern.
I must have misinterpreted one of his tweets. :oops: