Zach Minter BC Lions

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Zach Minter BC Lions

Post by Hawks86 » Sun May 31, 2015 2:59 pm

Zach starts day 1 of training camp listed #1 on the depth chart.

http://s30.photobucket.com/user/oceanvi ... l.jpg.html

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Re: Zach Minter BC Lions

Post by [cat_bracket] » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:49 am

Hawks86 wrote:Zach starts day 1 of training camp listed #1 on the depth chart.

Who's this #2 fella in the QB string? (Never mind that's a different McGhee...Greg)

I see a Grey Cup, CFL offensive and defensive MVP, and Newcomer of the Year in the Lions future. :)

catgrad05
Member # Retired

Post by catgrad05 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:29 pm

Wouldn't the depth chart go top to bottom? I could see it either way either closest to the position or top of the list. How do they normally read?

HelenaCat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by HelenaCat » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:21 pm

catgrad05 wrote:

Wouldn't the depth chart go top to bottom? I could see it either way either closest to the position or top of the list. How do they normally read?
Look at how they did QB. Lulay is the number one and it is the same position as Minter on the depth chart.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:33 pm

I know Bighill has been one of their starting LBs, but it is odd that Minter is listed as a starter already. But maybe they know something we know. :D

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:04 pm

TomCat88 wrote:I know Bighill has been one of their starting LBs, but it is odd that Minter is listed as a starter already. But maybe they know something we know. :D
If they're penciling Minter in as a starter, then they know something we've known for years (that being how good Minter is).

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

KittieKop
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by KittieKop » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:34 pm

HelenaCat wrote:
catgrad05 wrote:

Look at how they did QB. Lulay is the number one and it is the same position as Minter on the depth chart.
For as much as everyone wants Minter to be in the #1 spot, I think we're reading this wrong. It makes no sense to read the defensive list from bottom to top - like they're the opposing line to the offense. I believe both lists are top to bottom. I looked through depth charts for the last two seasons on the BC website and I think both sides of the ball are top to bottom, meaning Minter is 3rd, not first. Please, (particularly Zach) prove me wrong. It would be cool if true, but I believe he's sitting third at DT, not first.

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:53 pm

From the bc lions message board
On defence, Cord Parks and Ronnie Yell are listed as starting corners, with T.J. Lee and Ryan Phillips at halfbacks and Chris Rwabukamba at safety. No changes at linebacker. On the DL, Westeman and Smith are listed as starting ends and rookies Tim Jackson and Zach Minter at tackles.
http://www.lionbackers.com/bc_lions/vie ... cd56c9f876

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:41 am

[emoji6][emoji6][emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:26 am

Hawks86 wrote:From the bc lions message board
On defence, Cord Parks and Ronnie Yell are listed as starting corners, with T.J. Lee and Ryan Phillips at halfbacks and Chris Rwabukamba at safety. No changes at linebacker. On the DL, Westeman and Smith are listed as starting ends and rookies Tim Jackson and Zach Minter at tackles.
Nice. Two MSU Bobcats starting on the same pro team. Has that ever happened before?

JDoub
Member # Retired

Post by JDoub » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:49 pm

Hawks86 wrote:From the bc lions message board
also from the same board:
D-line

As mentioned above, I didn't get a good look at who was making plays, just that the line in general shut down the offensive line. Zach Minter, a 308-lb. rookie from Montana State, was noticeable in the middle. Tim Jackson, another rookie from North Carolina, also took first-team reps inside. I found myself repeatedly looking at my roster to see who these players were. Jabar Westerman and Alex Bazzie, the only D-linemen I could identify by number, were noticeable only when they jumped offside. I didn't see Khreem Smith.

power of the beard

Mr Lisle
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Mr Lisle » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:04 pm

Great for Zach! Still think he will be playing full time in the NFL someday. I always felt he was potentially one of the best NFL linebacker prospects at 275 lbs. He has amazing flexibility, can jump and really good speed for a very large man. On the order of Cory Widmer.

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:26 am

Mr Lisle wrote:Great for Zach! Still think he will be playing full time in the NFL someday. I always felt he was potentially one of the best NFL linebacker prospects at 275 lbs. He has amazing flexibility, can jump and really good speed for a very large man. On the order of Cory Widmer.
At 308 Zach is not going to get penciled in at anything other than the D line! :D

Bobcatsinmso
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Bobcatsinmso » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:47 pm

As Lee Corso loves to say.."Not So Fast!". I seem to remember someone named "Refrigerator" scoring TD's for the Bears way back when, and another guy named " Watt" scoring for the Texan"s recently. You never know. :wink:

The State of Montana is Bobcat country.
missoula....still just 20 miles from Montana.
FTG

Mr Lisle
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Mr Lisle » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:20 pm

catsrback76 wrote:
Mr Lisle wrote:Great for Zach! Still think he will be playing full time in the NFL someday. I always felt he was potentially one of the best NFL linebacker prospects at 275 lbs. He has amazing flexibility, can jump and really good speed for a very large man. On the order of Cory Widmer.
At 308 Zach is not going to get penciled in at anything other than the D line! :D
Yeah, I know. The linebacker ship sailed a long time ago. I know when he was recruited he was dunking the basketball. I recall him dropping back in coverage, leaping to intercept a pass and running like a huge, fluid tight end. He'd need to quit eating about 2,000 calories a day to get down to 275.

FTG247365
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by FTG247365 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:07 pm

Mr Lisle wrote:
catsrback76 wrote:
Yeah, I know. The linebacker ship sailed a long time ago. I know when he was recruited he was dunking the basketball. I recall him dropping back in coverage, leaping to intercept a pass and running like a huge, fluid tight end. He'd need to quit eating about 2,000 calories a day to get down to 275.
I think his Soph. and Junior were his best, he still ran like a beast and explosive. If i remember his senior year, he was close to 300. I really think the extra weight hurt him more than being beneficial. He was playing hurt most his senior year, I truly think if he stayed in the 280 range he would have really had a stellar senior year. But he was needing to get to the NFL size to help his future plans. Not every year we get a Zach Minter type player.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:50 pm

BC Lions Vs. Calgary pre-season game at 7:30 mst on ESPN 3 Friday.

FTG247365
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by FTG247365 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:19 pm

Looks like Zach had 2 tackles in the 1st game. Not sure if he played in the 2nd game.

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:28 pm

As of June 19 Minter is still #1 on the depth chart at DT.

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:54 am

[cat_bracket] wrote:As of June 19 Minter is still #1 on the depth chart at DT.
BC lost their season opener last week. Lulay was 18-32-252, with 1 TD and 1 INT. I took a quick look at their website but didn't see any mention of Minter. Does anyone know if he actually started, and/or how he played? ESPN is broadcasting some CFL games, but I haven't seen BC on the schedule, at least not in the first few weeks.