This and that

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

SACCAT
Member # Retired

Re: This and that

Post by SACCAT » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:37 am

[cat_bracket] wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
[cat_bracket] wrote:Any Marcus Tappan sightings yet? I heard he's rolling in this summer.
Pretty sure he's been in Bozeman for awhile, I think he lives with Braun. Braun's Twitter has pics of him here and he has made reference to him being his roommate on Twitter, I could be wrong but looks like he is here.
Excellent. I'm liking our linebacker group as a whole. I think Grant Collins is going to blow up the Big Sky. He'll give a whole new meaning to "The sky is falling!!"
Him and Braun are working together at a place here in town already

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:46 am

Looks like the true freshman will start arriving next week.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:33 am

Hawks86 wrote:Looks like the true freshman will start arriving next week.
Things are revving up!!

We've got some freshmen that will push for playing time.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:41 pm

[cat_bracket] wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:Looks like the true freshman will start arriving next week.
Things are revving up!!

We've got some freshmen that will push for playing time.
Prediction for Freshman that will push for playing time:

Cameron Sutton - WR (A lot of depth in front of him but if he is talent enough, he should push the other outside receivers)
Chris Robinson - DE (Will most likely redshirt but is a great athlete that could push for special teams)
Jordan Hoy - QB (Will most likely be the third QB and could push Jake if he is that good for the 2nd spot)
Sidney Holmes - DB (We lack depth at corner...plain and simple)
BJ Ojo - LB (Special teams could be in his immediate future)
Keon Stephans - WR (Same as Sutton, if he is good enough, he should push at each receiver position)
Tre'von Strong - DB (Should redshirt but our lack of depth on the outside will put him in an automatic position for playing time

Redshirt Prediction:
Brayden Konkol - SS/LB (Doesn't really have a position yet but he needs a redshirt year to increase his speed and give him time to find his position)
Jake McFetridge - OT (Will redshirt; too much depth in front of him)
Mitchell Brott - OT (Same answer as Jake)
Sam Plucker - MLB (Needs time to develop strength and speed)
Byron Rollins - DE/DT (He has been putting on the weight and strength but he will need time to develop to the college game)
Walker Cozzie - MLB (Is raw in some areas of playing linebacker but could push for special teams; he should redshirt)
Josh Hill - LB (Will need time to get bigger but like Walker he could push for special teams)
Bryan Wilkes - OL (May be a few years before Bryan is ready to compete as an all-around lineman)
Marcus Ferriter - DE (I see him as a kid who will get to about 240-250 in about two years and start producing around his sophomore year)
Riley Griffith - DT (Will need time to develop all-around game)
Kash Perry - OL (A lot of factors go into Kash's development but I would guess his time frame for competing if all goes well would be his junior year)
Woody Brandom - TE (A lot of talent but he has four bigger and experienced tight ends in front of him)
Robert Evans - TE (Same as Woody; needs time to develop speed)
Logan Jones - WR (I know Logan flashes a ton of potential but he has Mitch Greibel and Jayshawn Gates in front of him among others at that slot position; he should redshirt anyway)
Brady McChesney - QB (It will be an uphill battle for Brady going against Jordan Hoy so he needs time to develop and see what kind of QB he can turn into)

Ben Folsom is kind of the forgotten athlete that will be coming on to the team after his two year mission. He was a tremendous QB/Safety for Dillon two years ago and they say he will start out as a QB. I see him as a future starting safety...and a good one! Will need time to get back to football speed again. His brother Monte has slowly gotten back into competition the past two years and should compete for time at DT this year.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:07 pm

MSU is starting to update the roster and I was surprised to see Folsom listed at QB. Actually, it's probably good for depth and practice that he's a QB.

Correct on Holmes. He'll be competing at corner.

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:27 pm

Chris Harris would be knocking on the door at corner had he not been a injured last year. Then again had he not been hurt he'd be at another school most likely.

I agree with the whole list with the exception of Jones. It wouldn't surprise me if he starts. Imagine that. A true frosh walk-on starting. When's the last time that's happened here?

Hi-Line Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:51 pm

[cat_bracket] wrote:Chris Harris would be knocking on the door at corner had he not been a injured last year. Then again had he not been hurt he'd be at another school most likely.

I agree with the whole list with the exception of Jones. It wouldn't surprise me if he starts. Imagine that. A true frosh walk-on starting. When's the last time that's happened here?
Can't think of that answer, but I think of Grosulak in reference to your question and how he became our defensive MVP his redshirt year. Wasn't he a walk-on or a preferred walk-on?

If your left, you aren’t right.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:49 pm

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
[cat_bracket] wrote:Chris Harris would be knocking on the door at corner had he not been a injured last year. Then again had he not been hurt he'd be at another school most likely.

Can't think of that answer, but I think of Grosulak in reference to your question and how he became our defensive MVP his redshirt year. Wasn't he a walk-on or a preferred walk-on?
No way Logan starts next year. By saying that you are saying he is better than Gates, Greibel, etc. Now if you are saying he is better than our senior captain...to each there own I guess. Why do you think he has a shot next year CB? Just curious.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:58 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:

No way Logan starts next year. By saying that you are saying he is better than Gates, Greibel, etc. Now if you are saying he is better than our senior captain...to each there own I guess. Why do you think he has a shot next year CB? Just curious.
By the way, Logan Jones might be the steal of the Montana class last year. If we lacked depth at slot, I would say he had a chance to play. But we don't lack depth. That's all. It's hard for a freshman to crack the two deep depth chart, let alone start.

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Post by Bozcat003 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:01 pm

Jessie Clark???

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:40 pm

Bozcat003 wrote:Jessie Clark???
If he makes it here, I think he'll start... The kid's a freak of nature of his film.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:05 pm

I was wondering about Kheeynon Woods and if he got his grades in order and did some googling . I found that he signed with Fresno State in March. Did I miss this bit of info? I did a search and didn't find anything.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:14 pm

Hawks86 wrote:I was wondering about Kheeynon Woods and if he got his grades in order and did some googling . I found that he signed with Fresno State in March. Did I miss this bit of info? I did a search and didn't find anything.
I don't recall MSU saying Woods signed an NLI. There is as a newspaper article out of California saying that, but no official word from MSU. I'll check.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:22 pm

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:

I don't think MSU has an elite WR unit. A lot of good receivers playing in a good system. I think Jones can compete for time. He was very impressive last year and in the BL Bowl. He's what you call a gamer. He's not the only good WR recruit though. This might be the best WR recruiting class MSU has had in a while. Of course only time will tell.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:20 pm

Doesn't sound like MSU ever got a NLI from Woods.

toM StUber

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Post by coachouert » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:50 pm

Parker Gabriel just tweeted that Robert Evans will not be joining the class this year. Not sure why, but disappointing to hear.
More Montana State roster fun: TE Robert Evans (Victorville, Calif.) will not be part of the Bobcats' 2015 class. #MSUBobcatsFB

Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:02 pm

I was able to condense, confirm and elaborate on many things talked about in this thread along with some other things as well in this quick hitter.

Bobcats continue to whittle down roster as fall camp fast approaches
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=36112

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:03 pm

coachouert wrote:Parker Gabriel just tweeted that Robert Evans will not be joining the class this year. Not sure why, but disappointing to hear.
More Montana State roster fun: TE Robert Evans (Victorville, Calif.) will not be part of the Bobcats' 2015 class. #MSUBobcatsFB
Colter had said Evans was on a minimal scholarship, so that could've been the reason.

toM StUber

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:58 am

Thanks Colter!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:14 pm

This picture was posted on Synergy Sports twitter page with Bobcat incoming freshman Sam Plucker. Sam has apparently been working out there in Green Bay, Wisconsin, if you look close in the picture there is #32 for Montana State hanging in the background, any idea who that is?