This and that

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

This and that

Post by Hawks86 » Wed May 27, 2015 11:45 am

The APR rates are out http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/res ... ate-search

MBB is sitting at 935 and with all the roster changes, it will be interesting/concerning to see next years APR.

Looks like the football roster is being updated. Knight(of course),Brandon Davis,Matt Stewart,Gabe Strong, not listed. Demonte King will try out the infamous #1. Wyatt Christensen was added back onto the roster.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Re: This and that

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Wed May 27, 2015 11:54 am

These numbers are discussed so infrequently that I always forget what's good and what's bad. They're not second nature yet, like completion percentage or yards per carry.

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Wed May 27, 2015 12:56 pm

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:These numbers are discussed so infrequently that I always forget what's good and what's bad. They're not second nature yet, like completion percentage or yards per carry.
http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/res ... -explained

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Wed May 27, 2015 1:01 pm

Also talking roster. I counted 73 in total. We have 29? coming in the fall. There is a 90? limit at the start of fall ball, so by my math that is about 12 more guys on the current roster that won't begin practice in the fall.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed May 27, 2015 1:17 pm

I would probably expect to see a few WRs to be cut and maybe a few LBs or DL that will be deep on the depth chart. I hate this time of year for the guys who are on the roster bubble.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Wed May 27, 2015 2:47 pm

90 not including scout team or something like that. I think you can keep more than that around. Not sure just how it works.

FTG247365
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by FTG247365 » Wed May 27, 2015 2:59 pm

Just because we are talking about This and That and the roster. Does anyone know or have they heard anything about Robert Wilcox, has he, or will he be coming back? I noticed he is still on the roster, that must be a good sign, I hope.
Last edited by FTG247365 on Wed May 27, 2015 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Wed May 27, 2015 3:05 pm

[cat_bracket] wrote:90 not including scout team or something like that. I think you can keep more than that around. Not sure just how it works.
I'm probably off a little on 90. I think it's 94 at the start of camp. Colter posted the actual numbers at some point somewhere. I also remember Ash commented on the total number after school starts being the same as the number of lockers we have. Which is ?

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Wed May 27, 2015 4:32 pm

Teams are allowed to bring 94 to camp and carry 104 during the season once school starts. With the incoming players, MSU has 104 players accounted for. That means 10 guys will likely not get camp invites but will start practicing with the team, mostly on the scout team, once school starts in late August.

Hurt players can still get camp invites and those count toward the 94. Jaylen Price and Blake Braun were both out before the season started last year and were invited to fall camp. Players in that category this year include CB Braelen Evans and OG Kyle Godecke.

MSU will have to decide which 10 players not to invite to camp. Former start of school walk-ons like:
Casey Schwertfeger
Blake Sylvester
John Carter Gonzalez
Daniel Fowlie
Elijiah Klein

Are possible guys who might not be there in August.
FTG247365 wrote:Just because we are talking about This and That and the roster. Does anyone know or have they heard anything about Robert Wilcox, has he, or will he be coming back? I noticed he is still on the roster, that must be a good sign, I hope.
Wilcox is coming back.

Bobcatsinmso
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Bobcatsinmso » Wed May 27, 2015 6:43 pm

Wilcox has been through a lot of bad luck and tribulation. This is literally his last chance to show what he can do. The fact that he is coming back speaks volumes for his character IMO. I am rooting hard for the kid. =D^

The State of Montana is Bobcat country.
missoula....still just 20 miles from Montana.
FTG

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Wed May 27, 2015 8:00 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:Teams are allowed to bring 94 to camp and carry 104 during the season once school starts. With the incoming players, MSU has 104 players accounted for. That means 10 guys will likely not get camp invites but will start practicing with the team, mostly on the scout team, once school starts in late August.

Hurt players can still get camp invites and those count toward the 94. Jaylen Price and Blake Braun were both out before the season started last year and were invited to fall camp. Players in that category this year include CB Braelen Evans and OG Kyle Godecke.

MSU will have to decide which 10 players not to invite to camp. Former start of school walk-ons like:
Casey Schwertfeger
Blake Sylvester
John Carter Gonzalez
Daniel Fowlie
Elijiah Klein

FTG247365 wrote:Just because we are talking about This and That and the roster. Does anyone know or have they heard anything about Robert Wilcox, has he, or will he be coming back? I noticed he is still on the roster, that must be a good sign, I hope.
Wilcox is coming back.
So does the bolded/underlined part mean that Evans and Godecke are out to start fall camp? Who's our starting Guard if Godecke is out?

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed May 27, 2015 9:00 pm

HelenaCat95 wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:Teams are allowed to bring 94 to camp and carry 104 during the season once school starts. With the incoming players, MSU has 104 players accounted for. That means 10 guys will likely not get camp invites but will start practicing with the team, mostly on the scout team, once school starts in late August.

Casey Schwertfeger
Blake Sylvester
John Carter Gonzalez
Daniel Fowlie
Elijiah Klein

Wilcox is coming back.
So does the bolded/underlined part mean that Evans and Godecke are out to start fall camp? Who's our starting Guard if Godecke is out?
During the spring, Dillon Fraley and Caleb Gillis took plenty of snaps at right guard while Dylan Mahoney took nearly all first team reps at RT in place of the injured Alex Eekhoff. If I'm wrong on this, someone please correct me.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

FTG247365
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by FTG247365 » Thu May 28, 2015 9:49 am

Casey Schwertfeger
Blake Sylvester
John Carter Gonzalez
Daniel Fowlie
Elijiah Klein

Wilcox is coming back.
This is great news, glad to see he is coming back. Wasn't he initially brought in as a DE? Or was he brought in as a DT?

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Thu May 28, 2015 10:16 am

FTG247365 wrote:

Casey Schwertfeger
Blake Sylvester
John Carter Gonzalez
Daniel Fowlie
Elijiah Klein

Wilcox is coming back.
This is great news, glad to see he is coming back. Wasn't he initially brought in as a DE? Or was he brought in as a DT?
All I know is that he is one big son of a gun! Hopefully his legs are still there after all the surgeries.

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:34 pm

To me that's just not smart. If a guy is injured and will be out for the duration of camp, why waste a spot on him?

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:40 pm

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:

To me that's just not smart. If a guy is injured and will be out for the duration of camp, why waste a spot on him?

Just a guess, but if you are not on the roster, you probably don't get any scholarship money.

Mr Lisle
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Mr Lisle » Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:19 am

VimSince03 wrote:
HelenaCat95 wrote:

Casey Schwertfeger
Blake Sylvester
John Carter Gonzalez
Daniel Fowlie
Elijiah Klein

Wilcox is coming back.
During the spring, Dillon Fraley and Caleb Gillis took plenty of snaps at right guard while Dylan Mahoney took nearly all first team reps at RT in place of the injured Alex Eekhoff. If I'm wrong on this, someone please correct me.
I have no Idea how John Carter Gonzales is progressing, but I have been looking forward to seeing him in the future based on his football heritage. He played at East Side Catholic, one of Washington State's top programs. His head coach there was former Bobcat assitant head coach/recruiting coordinator Jeremy Thielbahr and his position coach was former Bobcat linebacker coach and defensive coordinator, Rob Christoff.

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:53 pm

It's graduation day at LA Harbor CC.

blueandgoldblitz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:53 pm

[cat_bracket] wrote:It's graduation day at LA Harbor CC.
Who did we send down there to spy? BAC, can you run south and attend the graduation and make sure he walks? At least get us a program with Jessie on it!

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:06 pm

[cat_bracket] wrote:It's graduation day at LA Harbor CC.
Hard to find grad lists from these JC's. Naotala graduation was in May. Don't know which JC in Honolulu that LaBoy went to, but the 2 that are there were also in May. Stern is the only one that already has his AA. I'm pretty sure Tappan is already here.