Toughest BSC schedules for contenders

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

77matcat
Member # Retired

Toughest BSC schedules for contenders

Post by 77matcat » Sat May 23, 2015 8:38 am

Answering hawks ? No assertion intended. Just my opinion.

NDSU play a cupcake game every year and it doesn't seem to hurt their "attitude". :shock: Considering they're almost unbeatable.

The other side of their schedule (challenging teams) appears to more than make up for any cupcakes. Plus they have a team attitude that does move from one years team to the next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Re: Toughest BSC schedules for contenders

Post by Hawks86 » Sat May 23, 2015 9:11 am

Portland State and Idaho State should be really good this year 8)

I'll agree that this years OOC schedule isn't the "toughest" but it might be exactly what we need. We have a new defense with quite a few new players. Would playing a FBS on the road be more beneficial to playing a D2 at home with a road game against EWU the following week? I'd rather the defense and new guys get acclimated and completely jacked for a sold out home game.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

onceacat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Toughest BSC schedules for contenders

Post by onceacat » Sat May 23, 2015 1:19 pm

Hawks86 wrote:Portland State and Idaho State should be really good this year 8)

I'll agree that this years OOC schedule isn't the "toughest" but it might be exactly what we need. We have a new defense with quite a few new players. Would playing a FBS on the road be more beneficial to playing a D2 at home with a road game against EWU the following week? I'd rather the defense and new guys get acclimated and completely jacked for a sold out home game.
Trying to decide if you are serious...ISU is likely to compete for the conference championship (again) while PSU is likely to shut down the program soon.

FWIW, PSU proves the point about short term/long term priorities. I would love to see the cats never play a money game again (FBS or D2) but I'd rather have a financially viable program. Sometimes, all your options are a little bit disappointing