Koni Dole article

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Koni Dole article

Post by Hawks86 » Sun May 17, 2015 5:27 pm

Lots of great quotes and inspiration from Koni.

http://billingsgazette.com/sports/colle ... 7c5db.html

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Re: Koni Dole article

Post by TomCat88 » Sun May 17, 2015 6:46 pm

And that is what it's all about.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sun May 17, 2015 8:10 pm

Wow great article! Koni is an inspiration.

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Mon May 18, 2015 12:33 am

Very inspiring young man! He is going places in life and I'm glad he is influencing the culture of our team with his presence an his play! =D^ =D^ =D^

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Mon May 18, 2015 8:15 am

His honesty is also very inspiring. He's already a success. You have to be proud that he's a Bobcat and loves being a Bobcat.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Mon May 18, 2015 8:45 am

Hopefully he can get some playing time this year on special teams or something. It would be awesome to see him make his first tackle at the college level

FTG- GO CATS GO!

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Mon May 18, 2015 8:50 am

mslacatfan wrote:Hopefully he can get some playing time this year on special teams or something. It would be awesome to see him make his first tackle at the college level
That will be absolutely HUGE!!! I can't wait to see it happen in front of the home fans. His first tackle, first forced fumble, first recovered fumble, etc. Scoop and score! I get goose bumps thinking about it.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Mon May 18, 2015 9:21 am

mslacatfan wrote:Hopefully he can get some playing time this year on special teams or something. It would be awesome to see him make his first tackle at the college level
No doubt! Hopefully the stadium erupts for his first tackle, that would probably make it worth all his hard work.

BobcatBlood
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by BobcatBlood » Tue May 19, 2015 10:46 am

Love this article. Love this kid. Can't wait for his hard work and determination to get him on the field. It will happen.

And...posting because good news should indeed get more play!

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Tue May 19, 2015 11:36 am

Kid's amazing, what can you say. I really only posted cause we were told there were not enough of them.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

saintcat40
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by saintcat40 » Tue May 19, 2015 12:55 pm

Great story! Great kid! Great role model! I had my boys read this. They thought it was amazing. Thanks, Koni, for representing the Bobcats so well.

webdav
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by webdav » Tue May 19, 2015 5:34 pm

Once he makes that scoop and score you guys are hoping for, how long before Hollywood shows up to make a Rudy-style movie causing a major recruiting boom and a string of National Championships? (Dream big!)

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Tue May 19, 2015 5:51 pm

webdav wrote:Once he makes that scoop and score you guys are hoping for, how long before Hollywood shows up to make a Rudy-style movie causing a major recruiting boom and a string of National Championships? (Dream big!)
Let's aim for a little higher than "Rudy" ... the real story of Koni Dole story is about 1 million times as inspirational as the self-serving fiction of Rudy.

I like the major recruiting boom and string of National Championships part, though. :D

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Tue May 19, 2015 5:56 pm

Bay Area Cat wrote:
webdav wrote:Once he makes that scoop and score you guys are hoping for, how long before Hollywood shows up to make a Rudy-style movie causing a major recruiting boom and a string of National Championships? (Dream big!)
Let's aim for a little higher than "Rudy" ... the real story of Koni Dole story is about 1 million times as inspirational as the self-serving fiction of Rudy.

I like the major recruiting boom and string of National Championships part, though. :D
The always-humorous Rudy take from former Notre Dame teammate Joe Montana:

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/b ... aaf-268408
DP: Were you there when Rudy was there?

JM: Yeah. It's a movie, remember. Not all of that is true.

DP: What wasn't true?

JM: Well, the crowd wasn't chanting. No one threw in their jerseys. He did get in the game. He got carried off [at the end of] the game. [...] Back then they tried to play someone at the end of [the season] that all the seniors could get in the last home game. The schedule was kind of set that way.

So he got in. He did get a sack. And then the guys carried him off, just playing around. I won't say it was a joke, but it was playing around. He worked his butt off to get where he was and to do the things he did. But not any harder than anyone else.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Tue May 19, 2015 6:59 pm

PapaG wrote:
Bay Area Cat wrote:

The always-humorous Rudy take from former Notre Dame teammate Joe Montana:

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/b ... aaf-268408
DP: Were you there when Rudy was there?

JM: Yeah. It's a movie, remember. Not all of that is true.

DP: What wasn't true?

JM: Well, the crowd wasn't chanting. No one threw in their jerseys. He did get in the game. He got carried off [at the end of] the game. [...] Back then they tried to play someone at the end of [the season] that all the seniors could get in the last home game. The schedule was kind of set that way.

So he got in. He did get a sack. And then the guys carried him off, just playing around. I won't say it was a joke, but it was playing around. He worked his butt off to get where he was and to do the things he did. But not any harder than anyone else.
But there is a Santa Clause, right?

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

Jobu
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Jobu » Wed May 20, 2015 12:42 am

I just wish I had half the gonads that Koni has. He's one inspirational guy.

Hats for bats. Keeps bats warm.

Carolinetc1964
New Recruit

Post by Carolinetc1964 » Wed May 20, 2015 4:04 pm

True inspiration and truly hope he get his chance to show what he can do proud he is full of Bobcat pride!!!!