Silver Lining

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

CatsandCanesNation
BobcatNation Redshirt

Silver Lining

Post by CatsandCanesNation » Thu May 14, 2015 8:06 pm

Hate to see stud players removed but......Nick Lasane time. Kid is a stud frees up more carries for him. Knight was a stud but we have 4 studs that are big time and only one ball. Not to mention the best QB in the land and great WRs & TEs

Darth Yoda
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Silver Lining

Post by Darth Yoda » Thu May 14, 2015 8:14 pm

Agreed. LaSane is ready. I watched him all spring and that kid worked his tail off. I'm a big Nick fan.

CatsandCanesNation
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by CatsandCanesNation » Thu May 14, 2015 8:26 pm

Lasane!!! Feed the stud!!

Caboose
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Caboose » Thu May 14, 2015 9:14 pm

I Think Dodd is just as much in the mix for Knights playing time as Lasane, Kid is almost as quick Shawn John, but much better at yards after contact.

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Thu May 14, 2015 9:21 pm

Perfect!!!! Rotate them all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anacomando
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Anacomando » Thu May 14, 2015 10:45 pm

Hate to see "stud" players removed or what about men shouldn't beat up women? No stud hits a woman ; only from a Hurricane fan!

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Fri May 15, 2015 12:18 am

From a pure talent evaluation standpoint — caveat:Knight got limited carries because of seniority, etc. — Montana State would have been best suited to give most of Knight's short yardage carries to Chad Newell and to play four running backs ahead of Knight next season.

Last season, Knight scored 12 touchdowns and earned no All-Big Sky accolades of any kind. Shawn Johnson, Gunnar Brekke and Newell all garnered recognition from the league coaches. Some would argue that Knight was the jackhammer, the short-yardage back an explosive offense loves. Others would say he was a scavenger. He never rushed for more than 67 yards in a game. Newell on the other hand rushed for more than 100 yards on two different frigid occasions, once in MSU's signature win of 2014 against Idaho State and once while also scoring a school-record five touchdowns in a playoff loss to South Dakota State.

Now Newell is a captain. Nick LaSane has proven he's ready to garner at least a handful of carries each game. Gunnar Brekke should be one of the Big Sky's most versatile player. And outside of Justin Paige and Jayshawn Gates, Tavon Dodd is probably MSU's best big-play guy on offense.

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Fri May 15, 2015 12:20 am

I guess it depends on how you want to look at this. Yes, the team will be just as good and maybe this has a silver lining. BUT, I really hate to see a kid go down this path! This is bigger than football!

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

CatsandCanesNation
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by CatsandCanesNation » Fri May 15, 2015 5:52 am

Whoa whoa whoa. I was in NO WAY saying a stud hits a woman. I had no idea what he did just saw on Twitter he was cut. It was my way of saying it's sad to see a bobcat go trying to be kind. This whole post is basically me excited for Nick Lasane. I think this kid is gonna be awesome and now he will get more of an opportunity to prove it. And yes I love the Canes baby!!

catgrad05
Member # Retired

Post by catgrad05 » Fri May 15, 2015 8:03 am

So in addition to the less crowed backfeild would this also free up aanother scholarship for a drop down cornerback?

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Fri May 15, 2015 8:14 am

catgrad05 wrote:So in addition to the less crowed backfeild would this also free up aanother scholarship for a drop down cornerback?
:thumbup:

I was thinking the same thing.

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Fri May 15, 2015 8:36 am

LongTimeCatFan wrote:
catgrad05 wrote:So in addition to the less crowed backfeild would this also free up aanother scholarship for a drop down cornerback?
:thumbup:

I was thinking the same thing.
So was I :) We will be just fine at RB. It would be nice to add a drop down CB as well too.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Fri May 15, 2015 8:41 am

Speaking of scholarships. Two of our JC guys have graduation(or not) this weekend. [-o<

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Fri May 15, 2015 8:49 am

gtapp wrote:I guess it depends on how you want to look at this. Yes, the team will be just as good and maybe this has a silver lining. BUT, I really hate to see a kid go down this path! This is bigger than football!
Great post gtapp. Knight obviously has mental issues to deal with and needs care for that much more than he needs to be playing a game. Anyone that assaults a woman or child is a threat to society and needs anger management. The silver lining is this is an opportunity for him to straighten up.

The right thing for Knight to have done is ask himself if this was worth getting worked up over. I guess if his necklace was worth several thousand dollars or had some personal value like Butch's watch then maybe it was, but not in the way he did. A simple call to the police would've probably rectified the situation or given him some options.

Bottom line: he needs help and he needs to be off the team.