Knight released?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Re: Knight released?

Post by CatBlitz » Thu May 14, 2015 11:59 pm

AlphaGriz1 wrote:This seems to be a trend with Ash lately.

I am amazed that people are not all over Ash for this flailing attempt at trying to find some talent and selling out to do it.
:roll:

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Fri May 15, 2015 12:03 am

You guys are lying to yourselves about Ash and this "second chance".

Coaches DO NOT GIVE A DAMN about background checks when they sell their soul for a kid like this. Its not just Ash but every time a coach takes on a Moss, Knight or Winston its about one thing and one thing only.

Winning football games.......PERIOD

You can try and sugar coat this but Ash did it to win first and foremost, all the other excuses are just spraying Febreze after you dumped a loaf at the Kum N Go.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
www.maroonblood.com
www.championshipsubdivision.com

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Fri May 15, 2015 12:10 am

I was in a very important meeting and it took me a minute to get the court documents...

Anthony Knight arrested for partner/family member assault, theft; dismissed from the Bobcat football team
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=35957

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Fri May 15, 2015 12:11 am

AlphaGriz1 wrote:You guys are lying to yourselves about Ash and this "second chance".

Coaches DO NOT GIVE A DAMN about background checks when they sell their soul for a kid like this. Its not just Ash but every time a coach takes on a Moss, Knight or Winston its about one thing and one thing only.

You can try and sugar coat this but Ash did it to win first and foremost, all the other excuses are just spraying Febreze after you dumped a loaf at the Kum N Go.
Ash did what exactly? He assaulted someone? It was Ash who got arrested? Maybe we can get PlayerRep's take on this while we're at it.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

Hi-Line Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Fri May 15, 2015 7:40 am

Anacomando wrote:High Line Bobcat, i know your playing" devil's advocate" but just sit and think about this. This is domestic violence and to claim due process is fair, yes, but c'mon, there has to be evidence and clearly there was. All crimes that get charged are usually done so because MCA was violated. Trouble just usually doesn't find people, they seek it. ****** argument, stop defending thugs. Ash was 100% right and Nevada was too!
I guess you didn't get that I was playing devil's advocate. I'm not making a argument for knight and I'm sure as hell not defending him.

If your left, you aren’t right.

FTG247365
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by FTG247365 » Fri May 15, 2015 7:49 am

AlphaGriz1 wrote:You guys are lying to yourselves about Ash and this "second chance".

REALLY, that was a big red flag when he came in, Knight was given a second chance and pissed it away. I agree coach's will take players to just win, but a good coach will take calculated risks, obviously Knight was worth the risk.
I truly believe this is the best thing for the up coming season, it free's up playing time for players who actually want to be there, who want to play for Montana State.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Fri May 15, 2015 7:54 am

FTG247365 wrote:

REALLY, that was a big red flag when he came in, Knight was given a second chance and pissed it away. I agree coach's will take players to just win, but a good coach will take calculated risks, obviously Knight was worth the risk.
I truly believe this is the best thing for the up coming season, it free's up playing time for players who actually want to be there, who want to play for Montana State.
We will probably hear from someone in the JC crew coming in this year. I won't be surprised if someone from this group gets to go home early.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

FTG247365

Post by FTG247365 » Fri May 15, 2015 8:02 am

allcat wrote:
FTG247365 wrote:

We will probably hear from someone in the JC crew coming in this year. I won't be surprised if someone from this group gets to go home early.

IMO, this best group of running backs we could have. Brekke and Newell will take the bulk of the carries, LaSane will be soon be up there too, Dodd looked every bit the part this spring, Davis (not sure how his injury rehabbed will be in the fall), Noah James will be a special teams player until he gets his turn. We have had a good group of running backs in the past, but it was usually 2 deep. Can't wait to see what they can do this year.

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Fri May 15, 2015 8:58 am

FTG247365 wrote:

Aren't all football players brought in to win football games? You take chances and get burned (Knight, Marino) and it works out (Thomas, Adams).

Counter Assault

Post by Counter Assault » Fri May 15, 2015 9:08 am

Good Riddance.

Now let the MT boys step up.

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Fri May 15, 2015 9:21 am

Not really sure what point you are trying to make. ALL coaches, at every level do this. They do it to bring in a quality football player who they take a calculated risk on that will improve the football team with the hope of them not making waves in the community. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I trust Ash's judgement A HELLUVA lot more than I did Kramer's as far as giving a kid a second chance. I can't think of any off the top of my head, but I'm sure Ash has some successes with bringing kids in with a questionable event in their past (Kramer probably did too).

GoCats18

Post by GoCats18 » Fri May 15, 2015 10:44 am

I really thought this kid was going to have a good senior year. Glad to see we removed him from the team though. Knight and Marino were two guys that could have done some amazing things if they would have grown up and taken advantage of the opportunity they were given. Oh well, time for Brekke, Newell and LaSane to step up and show us what they can do.

Punters are people too!!

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Fri May 15, 2015 11:15 am

And it made SportsNetwork.
http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnf ... ?id=823769

Interesting to compare another article on that site about the ISU RB who is "suspended" for selling drugs to an undercover cop; but the MSU RB is removed from the team.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnf ... ?id=822962

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Fri May 15, 2015 1:31 pm

GoCats18 wrote:I really thought this kid was going to have a good senior year. Glad to see we removed him from the team though. Knight and Marino were two guys that could have done some amazing things if they would have grown up and taken advantage of the opportunity they were given. Oh well, time for Brekke, Newell and LaSane to step up and show us what they can do.
Crazy thing is that according to Marino's twitter page is that he is receiving heavy interest from Boise State. No idea how much truth is to that. :-k

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Fri May 15, 2015 1:40 pm

GoCats18 wrote:I really thought this kid was going to have a good senior year. Glad to see we removed him from the team though. Knight and Marino were two guys that could have done some amazing things if they would have grown up and taken advantage of the opportunity they were given. Oh well, time for Brekke, Newell and LaSane to step up and show us what they can do.
Knight, Marino, Prevost, and Leota were all big time talents from the same class that just didn't pan out.

FTG06'
Member # Retired

Post by FTG06' » Fri May 15, 2015 1:42 pm

Knight is a pinhead.

Lucky for us, we are stacked at RB.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Men, do your duty.
3-7-77

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Fri May 15, 2015 1:43 pm

Lat thing I gathered was Marino is headed to Orange Coast College.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Fri May 15, 2015 1:48 pm

[cat_bracket] wrote:
FTG247365 wrote:

Aren't all football players brought in to win football games? You take chances and get burned (Knight, Marino) and it works out (Thomas, Adams).
It is obvious that they brought in Knight and Marino due to their athletic ability and to help them win (Kind of like Alpha always saying NDSU is a good :) ). However, coach Ash has a proven track record on his second chances. If you mess up, your gone. Its that simple. I think this conveys a good message to the team's conduct overall as well. The fact is Knight is gone. I have no doubt the other running backs on the roster will step up and play well. A lot of those players received a lot of snaps this spring (Lasane/Dodd) and I am excite to see them step up!

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Fri May 15, 2015 1:49 pm

RobertCats wrote:
Crazy thing is that according to Marino's twitter page is that he is receiving heavy interest from Boise State. No idea how much truth is to that. :-k
If that happened, will the announcers of Boise State games refer to him as a "drop-down from Montana State" every time he makes a play? :D

KittieKop

Post by KittieKop » Fri May 15, 2015 1:54 pm

FTG247365 wrote:This is the best news I've seen all week, the dude was a worthless POS. Thanks Coach Ash!
Wow, a little uncalled for.. :roll:

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?