Knight released?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

lutecat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Knight released?

Post by lutecat » Thu May 14, 2015 8:00 pm

Tweeted by Sample

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Re: Knight released?

Post by TomCat88 » Thu May 14, 2015 8:02 pm

From MSU Athletics:

BOZEMAN, Mont. – Montana State University football coach Rob Ash dismissed senior running back Anthony Knight from the Bobcat team Thursday for violating the school’s student-athlete code of conduct.

Originally from Boston, Mass., Knight transferred to Montana State in August, playing in 10 games for the Bobcats last fall. He gained 496 yards rushing and scored 12 touchdowns. He previously played at the University of Nevada and Riverside (Calif.) Community College.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

lutecat

Post by lutecat » Thu May 14, 2015 8:05 pm

When did Sample go to the missoulian? I thought he was at the IR.

Hi-Line Bobcat

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Thu May 14, 2015 8:13 pm

Sample didn't break the story but he sure did get a jab in over it. In true Sample fashion "shocking" he says, kid is a dork and terrible writer. On the Knight deal, I don't think it's a big blow at all, especially if he couldn't keep his nose out of trouble. Really excited to see Newell, Brekke, and Lasane next year, might as well throw in Dodd too.Should be a good backfield.

If your left, you aren’t right.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu May 14, 2015 8:20 pm

Knight has been bad news for a long time and didn't seem terribly grateful for a 2nd chance that I'm surprised he was even offered. "Shocking" is much more subdued that what my first thought was.

I'm sure it was "mistaken identity"

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Thu May 14, 2015 8:27 pm

Good!

Maybe TRod will get his isht together now.

Buh Bye dumbazz.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Hi-Line Bobcat

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Thu May 14, 2015 8:27 pm

wbtfg wrote:Knight has been bad news for a long time and didn't seem terribly grateful for a 2nd chance that I'm surprised he was even offered. "Shocking" is much more subdued that what my first thought was.

I'm sure it was "mistaken identity"
Your right I was thinking way worse than shocking but I also don't write for Missoula and don't hold a job with my name out there everyday.Ithink it's cheesy and unprofessional for any writer to say things like that. Oh well, Knight has had his chances and he didn't make the most of them. Its amazing the mindset of some, regardless of their up bringing or circumstances.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu May 14, 2015 8:30 pm

Sounds like he beat up his girlfriend and took her money.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu May 14, 2015 8:35 pm

Maletz has the charging documents

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Hi-Line Bobcat

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Thu May 14, 2015 8:42 pm

Beating up your girlfriend is no joke, and I'm not saying he didn't do it, however when someone gets accused of rape everybody says let's give him his due process. When a guy is accused of hitting a girl he is automatically convicted and the punishment from teams seems to come way quicker, I kind of find that odd. I'm just playing devils advocate on the situation, but I always find this situation way more convincing to the public, compared to say rape or murder. I'm not defending Knight at all, and I think we are better off with him off the team, just a thought.

zootowncat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by zootowncat » Thu May 14, 2015 9:37 pm

Glad Ash was quick to dismiss him, kid got a second chance and blew it. It will free up carries for guys who deserve them!

FTG

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Thu May 14, 2015 9:40 pm

Well that is a bummer. Hate to see a kid squander a 2nd chance, and I hate to see he was accused of hitting a woman. If he is guilty I hope his punishment fits the crime.

](*,)

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Thu May 14, 2015 9:45 pm

this is a golden opportunity for Nick LaSane. If there is any position we can afford it, its RB

Frankly I'm glad it wasn't a DB

2024 Resume dominance

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Thu May 14, 2015 10:05 pm

This seems to be a trend with Ash lately.

I am amazed that people are not all over Ash for this flailing attempt at trying to find some talent and selling out to do it.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
www.maroonblood.com
www.championshipsubdivision.com

Bobcat Jim
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Bobcat Jim » Thu May 14, 2015 10:07 pm

Helcat72 wrote:this is a golden opportunity for Nick LaSane. If there is any position we can afford it, its RB

Frankly I'm glad it wasn't a DB
This is spot on. Nick LaSane getting more carries is not a bad thing.

FTG247365
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by FTG247365 » Thu May 14, 2015 10:38 pm

This is the best news I've seen all week, the dude was a worthless POS. Thanks Coach Ash!
Last edited by FTG247365 on Fri May 15, 2015 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anacomando
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Anacomando » Thu May 14, 2015 10:38 pm

High Line Bobcat, i know your playing" devil's advocate" but just sit and think about this. This is domestic violence and to claim due process is fair, yes, but c'mon, there has to be evidence and clearly there was. All crimes that get charged are usually done so because MCA was violated. Trouble just usually doesn't find people, they seek it. ****** argument, stop defending thugs. Ash was 100% right and Nevada was too!

ibleedblue

Post by ibleedblue » Thu May 14, 2015 11:01 pm

Wait, wait, wait, wait! I know for a fact a butt-load of posters stated on other threads that:

- Ash has a great feel for when or when not to give a kid a second chance
- if Ash feels good about taking on a kid who was in trouble or got kicked off another team, then we should all be okay with it too

Well where are those posters now? They have been saying the same about Tappan coming in from Cincinnati, too. Maybe taking a risk on these kids isn't worth it.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu May 14, 2015 11:12 pm

I think you're over generalizing the comments. Ive seen ash criticized for taking chances on dudes with a checkered past (some work some don't). Ive also seen ash criticized for having too many clean cut choir boys and we need more dudes with attitude.

Overall it's about doing your homework on a kid and staying consistent with player expectations and discipline.

With regard to knight, I don't think ash wavered with his expectations and discipline, but I do think he dropped the ball in doing a thorough background check. Hopefully ash learned a lesson and moves on.

Anyone remember the coach who won this year's fbs title? Has he ever taken a chance on shady characters?

Jobu

Post by Jobu » Thu May 14, 2015 11:25 pm

I didn't support this signing from the get-go. I'm terribly sad it ended this way, but I won't lose any sleep lying awake thinking about lost opportunities for Knight.

Hats for bats. Keeps bats warm.