msubobcats.com - Serenity Now

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Phat Daddy
BobcatNation Redshirt

msubobcats.com - Serenity Now

Post by Phat Daddy » Mon May 11, 2015 3:10 pm

Cat fans,

Please go to msubobcats.com and click on football. Then, click on roster and click on #17, our beloved walk-on and now junior captain. You'll find his bio and despite being enrolled at Montana State and being a member of our football program for three years, you won't be able to find out how much his hair has grown since he's been on campus, i.e., no picture in his bio. This is despite a chance in August 2012, August 2013, August 2014 and I assume spring football in 2014 and spring football in 2015. We are 0fer5, just like any Braves lefty against Clayton Kershaw.

Maybe we are too overworked and understaffed to rank this high on the priority list within the athletic department. If so, can't we use the acumen of our bright, capable and tech-savvy students and offer some work-study or possibly even some credits to our computer science kids to have our website info keep pace? That said, Anthony Knight did rush for 741 yards on 123 carries.....at Riverside Community College. It's been 5 months since the Jackrabbits ended our season, can't we at least provide a picture of our captain and last season's stats on Anthony Knight? I think the kids that sweat blood into our program deserve the updated recognition (maybe even mention post-season accolades within a few months of their occurrence). Please, athletics and sports information, make it happen and in a timely fashion. Thank you in advance.

DISCLAIMER: I couldn't (out of frustration) and didn't (out of assumption) look at any other bios after these two, so it's possible I selected the only two without updates.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Re: msubobcats.com - Serenity Now

Post by VimSince03 » Mon May 11, 2015 5:29 pm

Phat Daddy wrote:Cat fans,

Please go to msubobcats.com and click on football. Then, click on roster and click on #17, our beloved walk-on and now junior captain. You'll find his bio and despite being enrolled at Montana State and being a member of our football program for three years, you won't be able to find out how much his hair has grown since he's been on campus, i.e., no picture in his bio. This is despite a chance in August 2012, August 2013, August 2014 and I assume spring football in 2014 and spring football in 2015. We are 0fer5, just like any Braves lefty against Clayton Kershaw.

Maybe we are too overworked and understaffed to rank this high on the priority list within the athletic department. If so, can't we use the acumen of our bright, capable and tech-savvy students and offer some work-study or possibly even some credits to our computer science kids to have our website info keep pace? That said, Anthony Knight did rush for 741 yards on 123 carries.....at Riverside Community College. It's been 5 months since the Jackrabbits ended our season, can't we at least provide a picture of our captain and last season's stats on Anthony Knight? I think the kids that sweat blood into our program deserve the updated recognition (maybe even mention post-season accolades within a few months of their occurrence). Please, athletics and sports information, make it happen and in a timely fashion. Thank you in advance.

DISCLAIMER: I couldn't (out of frustration) and didn't (out of assumption) look at any other bios after these two, so it's possible I selected the only two without updates.
They update the roster with new pics and bios every August. I never understood however why they don't just leave last year's picture up for each player until they make the change. But yeah they do update it.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Mon May 11, 2015 6:15 pm

They do a lousy job with that website. They will start a player countdown by the numbers and quit after about 10 players.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Fri May 15, 2015 9:24 am

I got the perfect fix!! They need to hire Colter to do the bio's and Brooks to do the picture. I guarantee we have a quality product within a matter of weeks. Get on it msusportsinfo!

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Fri May 15, 2015 9:31 am

RobertCats wrote:I got the perfect fix!! They need to hire Colter to do the bio's and Brooks to do the picture. I guarantee we have a quality product within a matter of weeks. Get on it msusportsinfo!
I don't think they hardly post here anymore. Things got quiet since the new marketing director got hired.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Fri May 15, 2015 10:42 am

Does the marketing director update the website? Thought that was a SID intern/work study thing?

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Fri May 15, 2015 11:39 am

While it's certainly fine to talk about stuff like that here, if we really want to see action taken on this front the best approach will be to reach out to the athletic department directly. I'm not sure they are actively surfing this site, so emails to them will be the most certain way of getting their attention.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Fri May 15, 2015 11:43 am

Bay Area Cat wrote:While it's certainly fine to talk about stuff like that here, if we really want to see action taken on this front the best approach will be to reach out to the athletic department directly. I'm not sure they are actively surfing this site, so emails to them will be the most certain way of getting their attention.
Anytime I have a question for them on twitter they respond quickly.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Joe Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Joe Bobcat » Fri May 15, 2015 1:30 pm

Bay Area Cat wrote:While it's certainly fine to talk about stuff like that here, if we really want to see action taken on this front the best approach will be to reach out to the athletic department directly. I'm not sure they are actively surfing this site, so emails to them will be the most certain way of getting their attention.
It sure seems to me that one of the major goals of MSUBOBCATS.COM should be to get and keep our (Cat fans and potential fans) attention. If they were accomplishing that goal then there would be nearly no need for us to get their attention as you suggest that we need to do.
Do I have the wrong vision of what they could and should be or does MSUBOBCATS.COM lack vision and drive?

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Fri May 15, 2015 2:13 pm

Joe Bobcat wrote:
It sure seems to me that one of the major goals of MSUBOBCATS.COM should be to get and keep our (Cat fans and potential fans) attention. If they were accomplishing that goal then there would be nearly no need for us to get their attention as you suggest that we need to do.
Do I have the wrong vision of what they could and should be or does MSUBOBCATS.COM lack vision and drive?
Regardless of the answer to that question, what I said is still true, isn't it? :shrug: I'm not making any value judgments here ... just making suggestions for the best way to get something positive accomplished in this specific fact pattern.

Joe Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Joe Bobcat » Fri May 15, 2015 3:45 pm

Bay Area Cat wrote:
Joe Bobcat wrote:
Regardless of the answer to that question, what I said is still true, isn't it? :shrug: I'm not making any value judgments here ... just making suggestions for the best way to get something positive accomplished in this specific fact pattern.
I like how well you dance the pc sidestep. Could you clarify what "this specific fact pattern" is that needs our e-mails to get something positive accomplished?

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Fri May 15, 2015 4:02 pm

I'm kinda confused about what we are arguing about?

If you want athletics to fix something. Emailing them is better than posting it here.

In a perfect world there should not have to be any emails because everything would be updated by the hour.
Last edited by Hawks86 on Fri May 15, 2015 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Post by coachouert » Fri May 15, 2015 4:04 pm

Joe Bobcat wrote:
Bay Area Cat wrote:
Joe Bobcat wrote:
I like how well you dance the pc sidestep. Could you clarify what "this specific fact pattern" is that needs our e-mails to get something positive accomplished?
He's not dancing around anything. He's saying if you want your voices heard, email the department instead of complaining on a message board where the department rarely goes and probably will not ever see, thus never correcting said problem. This isn't the first time that feedback has been presented about the website on here and won't be the last.

Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Fri May 15, 2015 4:44 pm

coachouert wrote:
Joe Bobcat wrote:
Bay Area Cat wrote:
Joe Bobcat wrote:
He's not dancing around anything. He's saying if you want your voices heard, email the department instead of complaining on a message board where the department rarely goes and probably will not ever see, thus never correcting said problem. This isn't the first time that feedback has been presented about the website on here and won't be the last.
I'd agree, email them, post the email on here. Then we'll see if ol' Pete addresses your concerns.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Fri May 15, 2015 9:14 pm

allcat wrote:
coachouert wrote:
Joe Bobcat wrote:
Bay Area Cat wrote:
Joe Bobcat wrote:
I'd agree, email them, post the email on here. Then we'll see if ol' Pete addresses your concerns.
I wouldn't hold my breath

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Fri May 15, 2015 11:37 pm

wbtfg wrote:Does the marketing director update the website? Thought that was a SID intern/work study thing?
He's also the assistant AD for operations. My tinfoil hat points to a correlation in the lack of the SID posting here and his hiring. It's an obvious difference in the activity of msusportsinfo and when Drew left.
/tinfoilhat

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Sat May 16, 2015 5:12 pm

LongTimeCatFan wrote:
allcat wrote:
coachouert wrote:
Joe Bobcat wrote:
Bay Area Cat wrote:
Joe Bobcat wrote:
Every time I've ever reached out to the folks at MSU about anything, they've been VERY responsive and helpful, and I'm pretty much a nobody (so I'm sure anyone else would receive the same level of response). For those who have complaints about anything that MSU is doing and sincerely do want to try to get something accomplished, I STRONGLY suggest that they just reach out to MSU.

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Sat May 16, 2015 7:20 pm

Bay Area Cat wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
allcat wrote:
coachouert wrote:
Joe Bobcat wrote:
Bay Area Cat wrote:
Joe Bobcat wrote:
Every time I've ever reached out to the folks at MSU about anything, they've been VERY responsive and helpful, and I'm pretty much a nobody (so I'm sure anyone else would receive the same level of response). For those who have complaints about anything that MSU is doing and sincerely do want to try to get something accomplished, I STRONGLY suggest that they just reach out to MSU.
Actually I'd agree with that if Josh Wanago is handling it, but otherwise.... :shrug: