Montana Recruits 2016

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Re: Montana Recruits 2016

Post by [cat_bracket] » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:30 am

blueandgoldblitz wrote:After this year, what do we have at DT? We lose Sheridan, Thomas, and Bignell. That leaves Yates and Naotala? I know I must be missing someone. I know Fa'anono was originally brought in to be a DT. Any insight into this? That could be a huge recruiting edge to get Chase Benson here. He could start, or at least see the field consistently right away.

Edit: I forgot Riley Griffiths. I haven't heard anything about him this year. Anyone know how he's looking?
Chris Robinson could play DT.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:34 am

blueandgoldblitz wrote:After this year, what do we have at DT? We lose Sheridan, Thomas, and Bignell. That leaves Yates and Naotala? I know I must be missing someone. I know Fa'anono was originally brought in to be a DT. Any insight into this? That could be a huge recruiting edge to get Chase Benson here. He could start, or at least see the field consistently right away.

Edit: I forgot Riley Griffiths. I haven't heard anything about him this year. Anyone know how he's looking?
Needed a redshirt to get bigger, faster, stronger and probably won't see significant playing time until two years from now. Good kid who works hard. Should be fine. Letting him develop.

One kid who could be moved inside is Zach Wright. He had a stronger spring and fall camp until he went down with a foot injury. Hopefully he will be back playing soon this year because he shows good fire and competitiveness. He is also a big body at DE (6'5", 250).

And lets not forget about Matt Brownlow!

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Darth Yoda
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Darth Yoda » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:41 am

Look for Wilcox to play a bigger role in the 3 technique next year.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:52 pm

Top 10 list (Week 8 ):

AA
1.) Bozeman (7-1)
2.) Billings Senior (7-1)
3.) Kalispell Glacier (6-2)
4.) Helena Capital (6-2)
5.) Helena High (6-2)
6.) Kalispell Flathead (5-3)
7.) Great Falls CMR (4-4)
8.) Billings West (5-3)
9.) Missoula Sentinal (4-4)
10.) Great Falls (2-6)

Not much changed in Class AA last week. CMR lost again, this time to Billings Senior dropping their record to 4-4. They will at least need to go 1-1 in the final two games to make the playoffs. Helena Capital and K-Flathead had a good game that came down to an onside kick. Capital took home the victory and kept themselves in good shape heading into the final two weeks. They have two games left against Missoula Big Sky and Butte, who are both at the bottom of the league. Other than that, Bozeman, Senior, Helena, and Glacier all got wins (Helena received a forfeit from Hellgate). The top 5 records have punched a playoff bid. The bottom five in the my standings is still to be determined. Next week's games will help a little bit in sorting things out. Next week's "Games to Watch" include: Great Falls (2-6) at Billings West (6-1), Kalispell Flathead (5-3) at Kalispell Glacier (6-2), and CMR (4-4) at Bozeman (7-1). If Billings West wins, they will be in really good shape to make the playoffs with 6 wins. If Flathead beats Glacier, they will also be sitting well with 6 wins. CMR will be in tough shape if they lose to Bozeman BUT CMR plays Great Falls High at the end of the season. They should win that game. I think it will come down to Missoula Sentinal and CMR for the 8th seed.

A
1.) Dillon (7-0)
2.) Miles City (7-0)
3.) Whitefish (7-1)
4.) Billings Central (5-2)
5.) Hamilton (6-2)
6.) Butte Central (6-2)
7.) Havre (6-2)
8.) Laurel (5-2)
9.) Sidney (5-3)
10.) Columbia Falls (3-3)

Miles City thumped Billings Central last Friday, taking home the coveted Eastern A conference title. The Cowboys controlled the tempo from the get-go and never let off the gas. Billings Central dropped to 5-2 and will be taking on Laurel for the second seed out of the East this weekend. Hamilton got dropped by Butte Central in a big game out of the Southwest conference. It punched Butte Central's ticket into the playoffs and they get a shot against Dillon for the Southwestern A crown. Meanwhile, Hamilton will have to play Whitefish (who clinched the #1 seed out of the Northwest) in their final game and hope for a wildcard spot. Havre clinched the Central conference with a win over Lewistown. They will play their final game against Polson. Laurel and Sidney both earned wins and both are very much still alive for the playoffs. Dillon and Miles City are the only remaining undefeated squads in Class A. Next week's "Games to Watch" include: they are all big! Nearly every game has playoff implications. Columbia Falls needs to beat Frenchtown to clinch the #2 seed out of the Northwestern A. Belgrade needs to beat Livingston to clinch the #2 seed out of the Central A. Polson needs to beat Havre to keep their playoff hopes alive. Hamilton will most likely fall to Whitefish but Hamilton is in line for one of the wildcard spots out of the West divisions. Lewistown needs to beat Browning and hope Belgrade looses to Livingston. If that happens, Lewistown will get the #2 seed out of the Central. Butte Central vs. Dillon is the Southwestern A title game. Laurel vs. Billings Central will be for the #2 seed out of the Eastern A. The loser will get an East wildcard slot. Sidney needs to beat Hardin and earn the other East wildcard spot. Bascially, 9 out of the 10 games matter this weekend for Class A football. Sorry Stevensville and Corvallis.

B
1.) Manhattan (8-0)
2.) Fairfield (7-0)
3.) Baker (7-0)
4.) Huntley Project (7-1)
5.) Jefferson (7-1)
6.) Malta (6-1)
7.) Columbus (5-2)
8.) Big Timber (6-2)
9.) Colstrip (6-2)
10) Missoula Loyola (5-1)

It is going to be a wild last week in Class B football. Colstrip controlled their own destiny two weeks ago and now they are fighting for their playoff lives after losses to Forsyth and Huntley. The only three teams that have clinched its conference is Baker in 3B (even if they lose to Colstrip this week, they hold the tiebreaker over Huntley), Columbus in 4B (they play scrappy Roundup and even if they lose, they hold the tiebreaker over Big Timber after their huge win last week over them) and Missoula Loyola in 6B (they hold tiebreaker over Deer Lodge and Anaconda). So here it goes: Fairfield plays Choteau for the 1B crown, Malta plays Glasgow for the 2B crown, Manhattan plays Jefferson for the 5B crown, Deer Lodge plays Anaconda for the #2 seed in 6B, assuming T-Falls wins Friday Big Fork plays Troy for the #2 or #1 seed in 7B (If Troy wins, they win the 7B crown (holds tiebreaker over T-Falls) but if Big Fork wins, they will get the #2 seed since they lose the tie breaker to Thompson Falls). Other games include: Colstrip plays Baker to keep their playoff hopes alive, Huntley plays Shepherd, Columbus plays Roundup (Roundup needs a win for consideration for Wildcard), Conrad and Cut Bank both need to win to keep alive for the #2 seed out of the 1B and potential wildcard from the North. Townsend most likely is out even if they get a win. They played a tough schedule but just didn't beat the teams they needed to. Big Timber has already clinched the #2 seed in 4B. Remaining undefeated teams are Manhattan, Fairfield, and Baker. Here is my playoff bracket prediction:

Top Side of Bracket -

Colstrip (Wildcard South) at Thompson Falls #1 7B
Deer Lodge #2 6B at Fairfield #1 1B
Glasgow #2 2B at Baker #1 3B
Jefferson #2 5B at Columbus #1 4B

Bottom Side of Bracket -

Conrad (Wildcard North or West) at Malta #1 2B
Huntley Project #2 3B at Manhattan #1 5B
Cut Bank #2 1B at Missoula Loyola #1 6B
Big Fork #2 7B at Big Timber #2 4B

If your asking how I projected the Wildcards, I projected the last week games and used the Class B Taylor points system. Choteau and Anaconda would be the odd teams out of the North/West wildcard and Townsend would be the odd team out of the South wildcard.

C8
1.) Fairview (8-0)
2.) Ennis (7-0)
3.) Chinook (7-0)
4.) Twin Bridges (7-0)
5.) Arlee (7-0)
6.) Chester-Joplin-Inverness (6-1)
7.) Wibaux (7-1)
8.) Charlo (7-1)
9.) Simms (5-2)
10.) Belt (5-2)

The big game of the week was dominated by Chinook from the get-go. They put up a 30 point lead over CJI and never looked back. Still five undefeated teams heading into the final week: Fairview, Ennis, Twin Bridges, Arlee and Chinook. Most of the seeds are pretty much locked up in Class C 8-man. Here are the three games that will decide playoff seeds: Ennis at Twin Bridges for the for the South title, Simms at Belt for 3rd seed in North (loser gets 4th), and Victory at Drummond for 3rd seed in West (loser gets 4th).

C6
1.) Hot Springs (7-0)
2.) Denton-Geyser-Stanford (8-0)
3.) Savage (7-0)
4.) Box Elder (8-0)
5.) Terry (5-1)
6.) Custer-Hysham (7-1)
7.) Bridger (7-1)
8.) Hobson-Moore-Judith Gap (6-1)
9.) Jordan (6-2)
10.) Valier (5-2)

Valier took DGS down to the final play but DGS was victorious. They will play Box Elder for the North title. Custer-Hysham beat HMJG and will now play Bridger for the South title. Savage will lock up the East title with a win over Ekalaka. Hot Springs has already clinched the West title. This week's "Game to Watch" will be undefeated Box Elder at undefeated DGS and Bridger at Custer-Hysham. Both are title games.
Last edited by VimSince03 on Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

topey711
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by topey711 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:32 pm

Actually if Troy beats Bigfork, they will be the #1 seed in 7b. They would be tied at 3-1 with T-Falls in conference play. And Troy has the tie breaker since they just beat them.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:57 pm

topey711 wrote:Actually if Troy beats Bigfork, they will be the #1 seed in 7b. They would be tied at 3-1 with T-Falls in conference play. And Troy has the tie breaker since they just beat them.
You are most certainly right. My bad and I will correct that. Go get em Sean Opland!

topey711
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by topey711 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:11 pm

Unfortunately I believe Troy is out completely if they lose.

Bemiller49
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Bemiller49 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:18 pm

Win and it is first, lose and it is fourth.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:06 am

Top 10 list (Week 9):

AA
1.) Bozeman (8-1)
2.) Billings Senior (8-1)
3.) Kalispell Glacier (7-2)
4.) Helena Capital (7-2)
5.) Helena High (7-2)
6.) Billings West (6-3)
7.) Kalispell Flathead (5-4)
8.) Missoula Sentinal (5-4)
9.) Great Falls CMR (4-5)

So I removed #10 because they don't factor into the playoffs. If you want a #10, Big Sky has played better down the stretch. So there is one week left in AA and every seed is still up for grabs...technically. Bozeman plays Billings Skyview this weekend and that should be a win which would give Bozeman the #1 seed and home field throughout playoffs. Billings Senior gets to play Hellgate on Friday so they should wrap up the #2 seed. Glacier beat rival Flathead last Friday to move into a three-way tie with Helena and Helena Capital at 7-2. Glacier plays Missoula Big Sky on Friday so they should reach 8-2. Helena Capital plays Butte on Friday so they should also move to 8-2. Of the three 7-2 teams, Helena has the toughest game, going against Billings West who has reached 6-3 after starting the season 0-3. Helena has been sluggish down the stretch due to injuries so Billings West might have got them at the right time. Both are in the playoffs regardless. Finally, we come to the final three teams. Flathead and Sentinal are at 5-4 and play each other this Friday and CMR takes on rival Great Falls High. CMR needs to win and Sentinal to lose because I believe they would own the tiebreaker over Sentinal in that scenario. If Flathead loses and CMR wins, Flathead would own the tiebreaker over CMR due to their head-to-head win over CMR in the first game of the season. Games to watch include: Helena at Billings West, Missoula Sentinal at Kalispell Flathead, and Great Falls at CMR. Senior, Bozeman, Capital, and Glacier should all win their games.

A
1.) Dillon (8-0)
2.) Miles City (8-0)
3.) Whitefish (8-1)
4.) Billings Central (6-2)
5.) Butte Central (6-3)
6.) Hamilton (6-3)
7.) Havre (7-2)
8.) Laurel (5-3)
9.) Sidney (6-3)
10.) Columbia Falls (4-3)

The Bracket can be found here: http://www.mhsa.org/Football/Brackets/2 ... cket-A.pdf. Here are my thoughts on how the bracket shaped up. Dillon got the #1 overall seed but they definitely did not get the easiest first round matchup. They get the winner of Billings Central (East #2) and Laurel (E Wildcard). Both are scrappy teams that are not easy to beat. Which brings me to Havre. They got the #1 seed out of the weakest division in Class A, the Central division. They also get to face the winner of Columbia Falls (NW #2) and Polson (W Wildcard). Havre dismantled Polson 48-28 last week and Columbia Falls is definitely beatable with a 4-3 record; they also beat Polson 35-26 during the season. Havre not only won the weakest division but they also got the easiest first round matchup. To the bottom side of the bracket, Miles City gets to take on the winner of Butte Central (SW #2) and Hamilton (W Wildcard). Butte Central and Hamilton are both teams that are good but they are just below that 1st tier of top teams in Class A. Miles City should win against either team. Whitefish will take on the winner of Belgrade (C #2) and Sidney (E Wildcard). Sidney is a team that played a tough schedule but they hung in there all year and earned a wildcard spot out of a tough Eastern division. Belgrade simply had to beat Lewistown, Livingston, and Browning to earn a spot. My final thought? Dillon earned the best seed and essentially got the toughest quarterfinal matchup out of all the top 4 seeds.

This weekend I predict Billings Central to beat Laurel, Columbia Falls to beat Polson, Butte Central to beat Hamilton, and Sidney over Belgrade. Which leaves Dillon vs. Billings Central, Columbia Falls vs. Havre, Miles City, vs. Butte Central, and Sidney vs. Whitefish in the quarterfinals.

B
1.) Fairfield (8-0)
2.) Huntley Project (8-1)
3.) Jefferson (8-1)
4.) Manhattan (8-1)
5.) Malta (7-1)
6.) Baker (7-1)
7.) Columbus (6-2)
8.) Colstrip (7-2)
9.) Big Timber (6-3)
10) Missoula Loyola (6-1)

A wild last weekend in Class B. Jefferson ended Manhattan's undefeated streak and won the 5B with a 23-15 win over the Tigers. However, what did this win do for Jefferson? Earned them a 1st round matchup with perhaps one of the best teams in the State, Huntley Project. Huntley took the 2nd seed out of the tough 3B conference so a bit unlucky for Jefferson. That game will be the marquee game of the first round and it takes place in Jefferson at 1:00 this Saturday. Both teams feature two of the best linebackers in the State (Michael Jobman - HP and Trase LeTexier - Jefferson) and it will most likely be a very physical football game. Fairfield came away as the only undefeated team in Class B and gets home field throughout the playoffs. They beat Choteau 29-12 and knocked the Bulldogs out of the playoffs. Cut Bank ended up winning the #2 seed in 1B over Conrad and Choteau after they ended the season in a three way tie. Colstrip eanred the South Wildcard after beating previously undefeated Baker 30-16. A huge win and the Colts proved finally that they can be a great team. Anaconda made the playoffs as the #2 6B seed a year after dropping down from Class A. The team they beat, Deer Lodge, earned the other Wildcard (that came from the North or West). Big Timber failed to control their own destiny by losing to Red Lodge and losing the tiebreaker to Roundup as the #2 seed out of 4B as a result.

Here is the playoff bracket: http://www.mhsa.org/Football/Brackets/2 ... cket-B.pdf. The bracket shook out in a great way for some teams, but tough for others. A perfect example came in the bottom two matchups of the first round. They pit Loyola (who is the weakest #1 seed in the bracket) vs. Cut Bank and Roundup vs. Bigfork. One of these four teams will make the semifinals and none of them are very good. The only #1 out of all them is Loyola and they got trounced by Townsend 39-16 this season (Townsend did not make the playoffs). Big Fork lost to Conrad 25-7 (Conrad did not make the playoffs). Cut Bank and Roundup have worse records than both of their opponents but they have played a much tougher schedule and I see them both moving on the quarterfinals. Now for an example where the schedule got tough on teams. The top of the bottom side of the bracket pits Malta vs. Deer Lodge and Huntley vs. Jefferson. Malta, HP, and Jefferson are three of the top 6 teams in the State and only one of them will make the semifinals. I think Jefferson is hot right now and I see them as the team that will make it out of the dust. On the top side, we have the potential to see a Baker vs. Manhattan quarterfinals, another matchup of two really good teams early.

My predictions for round one are: Colstrip over TF, Fairfield over Anaconda, Baker over Glasgow, Manhattan over Columbus, Malta over Deer Lodge, Jefferson over HP, Cut Bank over Loyola, and Roundup over Big Fork.

C8
1.) Fairview (8-0)
2.) Chinook (8-0)
3.) Twin Bridges (8-0)
4.) Arlee (8-0)
5.) Ennis (7-1)
6.) Chester-Joplin-Inverness (7-1)
7.) Wibaux (7-1)
8.) Charlo (7-1)
9.) Simms (6-2)
10.) Belt (5-3)

Ennis and Twin Bridges slugged it out for the South C title with Twin Bridges winning 35-30. Simms eanred the 3rd seed out of the North C by beating Belt and avoided a first round matchup with #1 Fairvew. Simms will play Wibaux in the first round in the most intriguing matchup of the first round. The Class C 8-man bracket actually worked out pretty fairly overall. There are really good teams on both sides of the bracket and there will be plenty of great matchups each round. Here is the bracket: http://www.mhsa.org/Football/Brackets/2 ... ket-C8.pdf.

My first round predictions are: Fairview over Belt, Charlo over Gardiner, Chinook over Culbertson, Ennis over Drummond, Arlee over Harlowton, Simms over Wibaux, Twin Bridges over Victor, and CJI over Broadus.

C6
1.) Hot Springs (8-0)
2.) Denton-Geyser-Stanford (9-0)
3.) Savage (8-0)
4.) Box Elder (8-1)
5.) Custer-Hysham (8-1)
6.) Bridger (7-2)
7.) Hobson-Moore-Judith Gap (7-1)
8.) Terry (5-2)
9.) Jordan (7-2)
10.) Lone Peak (6-2)

DGS beat Box Elder by one point to win the #1 seed out of the North. Great game. DGS needed that to prove the doubters after back-to-back weeks of poor performances against weaker opponents. Custer-Hysham beat Bridger in a shootout for the South title. Once again, the bracket is spread out well top to bottom. Here it is: http://www.mhsa.org/Football/Brackets/2 ... ket-C6.pdf.

My first round predictions are: Savage over Sunburst, Lone Peak over Bridger, DGS over Westby-Grenora, Hobson-Moore-Judith Gap over Valley Christian, Hot Springs over Roy-Winifred, Terry over Valier, Custer-Hysham over West Yellowstone, and Box Elder over Jordan.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:11 am

If you guys want to do a little self scouting over the weekend, go watch a playoff game in your area. Check my Montana recruits list and find a few players and then go watch them play. I love Montana high school playoff football!

dirten
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by dirten » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:25 pm

This might help scouting a bit, 2015 Montana AA football statistics:

http://www.dakstats.com/WebSync/Pages/M ... n=MTAMFBAA

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:46 pm

VimSince03 wrote:Top 10 list (Week 9):

AA
1.) Bozeman (8-1)
2.) Billings Senior (8-1)
3.) Kalispell Glacier (7-2)
4.) Helena Capital (7-2)
5.) Helena High (7-2)
6.) Billings West (6-3)
7.) Kalispell Flathead (5-4)
8.) Missoula Sentinal (5-4)
9.) Great Falls CMR (4-5)

So I removed #10 because they don't factor into the playoffs. If you want a #10, Big Sky has played better down the stretch. So there is one week left in AA and every seed is still up for grabs...technically. Bozeman plays Billings Skyview this weekend and that should be a win which would give Bozeman the #1 seed and home field throughout playoffs. Billings Senior gets to play Hellgate on Friday so they should wrap up the #2 seed. Glacier beat rival Flathead last Friday to move into a three-way tie with Helena and Helena Capital at 7-2. Glacier plays Missoula Big Sky on Friday so they should reach 8-2. Helena Capital plays Butte on Friday so they should also move to 8-2. Of the three 7-2 teams, Helena has the toughest game, going against Billings West who has reached 6-3 after starting the season 0-3. Helena has been sluggish down the stretch due to injuries so Billings West might have got them at the right time. Both are in the playoffs regardless. Finally, we come to the final three teams. Flathead and Sentinal are at 5-4 and play each other this Friday and CMR takes on rival Great Falls High. CMR needs to win and Sentinal to lose because I believe they would own the tiebreaker over Sentinal in that scenario. If Flathead loses and CMR wins, Flathead would own the tiebreaker over CMR due to their head-to-head win over CMR in the first game of the season. Games to watch include: Helena at Billings West, Missoula Sentinal at Kalispell Flathead, and Great Falls at CMR. Senior, Bozeman, Capital, and Glacier should all win their games.

A
1.) Dillon (8-0)
2.) Miles City (8-0)
3.) Whitefish (8-1)
4.) Billings Central (6-2)
5.) Butte Central (6-3)
6.) Hamilton (6-3)
7.) Havre (7-2)
8.) Laurel (5-3)
9.) Sidney (6-3)
10.) Columbia Falls (4-3)

The Bracket can be found here: http://www.mhsa.org/Football/Brackets/2 ... cket-A.pdf. Here are my thoughts on how the bracket shaped up. Dillon got the #1 overall seed but they definitely did not get the easiest first round matchup. They get the winner of Billings Central (East #2) and Laurel (E Wildcard). Both are scrappy teams that are not easy to beat. Which brings me to Havre. They got the #1 seed out of the weakest division in Class A, the Central division. They also get to face the winner of Columbia Falls (NW #2) and Polson (W Wildcard). Havre dismantled Polson 48-28 last week and Columbia Falls is definitely beatable with a 4-3 record; they also beat Polson 35-26 during the season. Havre not only won the weakest division but they also got the easiest first round matchup. To the bottom side of the bracket, Miles City gets to take on the winner of Butte Central (SW #2) and Hamilton (W Wildcard). Butte Central and Hamilton are both teams that are good but they are just below that 1st tier of top teams in Class A. Miles City should win against either team. Whitefish will take on the winner of Belgrade (C #2) and Sidney (E Wildcard). Sidney is a team that played a tough schedule but they hung in there all year and earned a wildcard spot out of a tough Eastern division. Belgrade simply had to beat Lewistown, Livingston, and Browning to earn a spot. My final thought? Dillon earned the best seed and essentially got the toughest quarterfinal matchup out of all the top 4 seeds.

This weekend I predict Billings Central to beat Laurel, Columbia Falls to beat Polson, Butte Central to beat Hamilton, and Sidney over Belgrade. Which leaves Dillon vs. Billings Central, Columbia Falls vs. Havre, Miles City, vs. Butte Central, and Sidney vs. Whitefish in the quarterfinals.

B
1.) Fairfield (8-0)
2.) Huntley Project (8-1)
3.) Jefferson (8-1)
4.) Manhattan (8-1)
5.) Malta (7-1)
6.) Baker (7-1)
7.) Columbus (6-2)
8.) Colstrip (7-2)
9.) Big Timber (6-3)
10) Missoula Loyola (6-1)

A wild last weekend in Class B. Jefferson ended Manhattan's undefeated streak and won the 5B with a 23-15 win over the Tigers. However, what did this win do for Jefferson? Earned them a 1st round matchup with perhaps one of the best teams in the State, Huntley Project. Huntley took the 2nd seed out of the tough 3B conference so a bit unlucky for Jefferson. That game will be the marquee game of the first round and it takes place in Jefferson at 1:00 this Saturday. Both teams feature two of the best linebackers in the State (Michael Jobman - HP and Trase LeTexier - Jefferson) and it will most likely be a very physical football game. Fairfield came away as the only undefeated team in Class B and gets home field throughout the playoffs. They beat Choteau 29-12 and knocked the Bulldogs out of the playoffs. Cut Bank ended up winning the #2 seed in 1B over Conrad and Choteau after they ended the season in a three way tie. Colstrip eanred the South Wildcard after beating previously undefeated Baker 30-16. A huge win and the Colts proved finally that they can be a great team. Anaconda made the playoffs as the #2 6B seed a year after dropping down from Class A. The team they beat, Deer Lodge, earned the other Wildcard (that came from the North or West). Big Timber failed to control their own destiny by losing to Red Lodge and losing the tiebreaker to Roundup as the #2 seed out of 4B as a result.

Here is the playoff bracket: http://www.mhsa.org/Football/Brackets/2 ... cket-B.pdf. The bracket shook out in a great way for some teams, but tough for others. A perfect example came in the bottom two matchups of the first round. They pit Loyola (who is the weakest #1 seed in the bracket) vs. Cut Bank and Roundup vs. Bigfork. One of these four teams will make the semifinals and none of them are very good. The only #1 out of all them is Loyola and they got trounced by Townsend 39-16 this season (Townsend did not make the playoffs). Big Fork lost to Conrad 25-7 (Conrad did not make the playoffs). Cut Bank and Roundup have worse records than both of their opponents but they have played a much tougher schedule and I see them both moving on the quarterfinals. Now for an example where the schedule got tough on teams. The top of the bottom side of the bracket pits Malta vs. Deer Lodge and Huntley vs. Jefferson. Malta, HP, and Jefferson are three of the top 6 teams in the State and only one of them will make the semifinals. I think Jefferson is hot right now and I see them as the team that will make it out of the dust. On the top side, we have the potential to see a Baker vs. Manhattan quarterfinals, another matchup of two really good teams early.

My predictions for round one are: Colstrip over TF, Fairfield over Anaconda, Baker over Glasgow, Manhattan over Columbus, Malta over Deer Lodge, Jefferson over HP, Cut Bank over Loyola, and Roundup over Big Fork.

C8
1.) Fairview (8-0)
2.) Chinook (8-0)
3.) Twin Bridges (8-0)
4.) Arlee (8-0)
5.) Ennis (7-1)
6.) Chester-Joplin-Inverness (7-1)
7.) Wibaux (7-1)
8.) Charlo (7-1)
9.) Simms (6-2)
10.) Belt (5-3)

Ennis and Twin Bridges slugged it out for the South C title with Twin Bridges winning 35-30. Simms eanred the 3rd seed out of the North C by beating Belt and avoided a first round matchup with #1 Fairvew. Simms will play Wibaux in the first round in the most intriguing matchup of the first round. The Class C 8-man bracket actually worked out pretty fairly overall. There are really good teams on both sides of the bracket and there will be plenty of great matchups each round. Here is the bracket: http://www.mhsa.org/Football/Brackets/2 ... ket-C8.pdf.

My first round predictions are: Fairview over Belt, Charlo over Gardiner, Chinook over Culbertson, Ennis over Drummond, Arlee over Harlowton, Simms over Wibaux, Twin Bridges over Victor, and CJI over Broadus.

C6
1.) Hot Springs (8-0)
2.) Denton-Geyser-Stanford (9-0)
3.) Savage (8-0)
4.) Box Elder (8-1)
5.) Custer-Hysham (8-1)
6.) Bridger (7-2)
7.) Hobson-Moore-Judith Gap (7-1)
8.) Terry (5-2)
9.) Jordan (7-2)
10.) Lone Peak (6-2)

DGS beat Box Elder by one point to win the #1 seed out of the North. Great game. DGS needed that to prove the doubters after back-to-back weeks of poor performances against weaker opponents. Custer-Hysham beat Bridger in a shootout for the South title. Once again, the bracket is spread out well top to bottom. Here it is: http://www.mhsa.org/Football/Brackets/2 ... ket-C6.pdf.

My first round predictions are: Savage over Sunburst, Lone Peak over Bridger, DGS over Westby-Grenora, Hobson-Moore-Judith Gap over Valley Christian, Hot Springs over Roy-Winifred, Terry over Valier, Custer-Hysham over West Yellowstone, and Box Elder over Jordan.

Off thread, but gotta say go Fairview Warriors!!

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:36 pm

Neighboring state player and MSU offeree, Theo Dawson has had a good season.
Here is a link to a nice article.
Mods feel free to move this to a better title if need be, with Theo being a non MT guy.

http://www.jhnewsandguide.com/sports/hi ... 1c7a9.html

Heard on the news he had a 400+ yard game this last weekend. Would be a new state record. Will see if I can find a link.

Rushing yards
1. Cordell McFarlane, Rocky Mountain, O2/2015 vs. Wind River, 385 yards (25 carries)
2. Jordan Roberts, Sheridan, S16/2011 vs. Evanston, 345 yards
3. Tui Magalogo, Lyman, O4/2013 vs. Thermopolis, 339 yards (22 carries)
4. Andre McWell, Cheyenne Central, O12/1990 vs. Green River, 335 yards
5. Tom Earl, Natrona, O10/2008 vs. Riverton, 327 yards (30 carries)
6. Theo Dawson, Jackson, O2/2015 vs. Green River, 326 yards (33 carries)
7. Logan Barker, Douglas, S27/2013 vs. Buffalo, 323 yards (17 carries)
8. Theo Dawson, Jackson, S13/2013 vs. Rawlins, 318 yards (18 carries)
9. Jerit Degering, Lusk, O29/2010 vs. Burlington, 315 yards (18 carries)
10t. Dan Witte, Green River, O13/2006 vs. Rock Springs, 309 yards
10t. Austin Smith, Glenrock, S25/2009 vs. Big Horn, 309 yards (25 carries)

Found it. 489 yards on 34 carries
.http://www.dailyranger.com/story.php?story_id=20368

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:06 pm

Playoffs (Quarterfinals Week):

AA
Top Side of Bracket:

#1 Bozeman vs. #8 CMR - CMR got the #8 seed by beating rival Great Falls High and Missoula Sentinal losing to Flathead last weekend. They now get a shot to knock off the best team in AA and I think Grinde will be able to go for CMR. Regardless, it will be hard to find breathing room against a stout Bozeman Hawks defense. Predicted winner: Bozeman.

#4 Helena vs. #5 Glacier - Helena beat Glacier 23-17 in the first game of the 2015 season for each team but Glacier has been particularly hot as of late, winning their final 8 games to go 8-2 on the season. Helena also went 8-2 on the season but their offense has been inconsistent down the stretch and their defense has been shaky. Predicted winner: Glacier.

Bottom Side of Bracket:

#3 Helena Capital vs. #6 Flathead - HC beat Flathead 24-21 on Oct. 16 so this should be another good game. Helena Capital was the only team to knock off Bozeman during the year while Flathead has plenty of big play ability on offense. There is not much separation between either team but I do think HC has the better defense. Predicted winner: Helena Capital.

#2 Billings Senior vs. #7 Billings West - West will take on crosstown rival Billings Senior in yet another rematch. Senior beat West 27-0 early in the season and I don't think this one will be any different. Senior is one of the most efficient teams on both sides of the ball in AA and was one field goal away against Bozeman from being the #1 seed. West should be happy with just qualifying for the playoffs. Predicted winner: Billings Senior.

A
Top Side of Bracket:

#1 SW Dillon vs. #2 E Billings Central - The best matchup of the quarterfinals in Class A, Dillon gets zero brakes for being the #1 overall team by drawing Billings Central in the quarters. Central lost a heartbreaker to Dillon on Sep. 11, falling 32-28. Central matches up well on the outside against Dillon, especially Central receiver Jacob Hadley who ripped down four touchdowns in their first game with Dillon. If Dillon can shut down the Stanton to Hadley connection, they should be able to come away with a victory due to their stout run defense. Predicted winner: Dillon.

#2 NW Columbia Falls vs. #1 C Havre - Havre draws the easiest matchup (in my opinion) of all the #1 seeds by getting to play Columbia Falls. CF isn't a bad team but they aren't on the same level as Billings Central, Butte Central, or Sidney (the other underdogs). This is not a rematch but Havre and Dane Warp should be able to do enough to earn the victory. Predicted winner: Havre.

Bottom of the Bracket:

#1 E Miles City vs. #2 SW Butte Central - Another "non-rematch" game pits Miles City vs. Butte Central. Butte Central thumped Hamilton by more than I would've predicted but Miles City has been one of the most impressive teams in Class A. The Cowboys are playing inspired football and I don't expect an upset from the Maroons. Predicted winner: Miles City

Wildcard E Sidney vs. #1 NW Whitefish - Sidney took Miles City down to the wire by only losing by a point early in the season so they can compete with some of the best. Whitefish is arguably the most talented team in Class A only losing to Dillon by a point in the first game of the season (their only blemish). I expect Sidney to put up a fight but Whitefish will pull away in the second half. Predicted winner: Whitefish.

B
Top Side of the Bracket:

South Wildcard Colstrip vs. #1 1B Fairfield - Colstrip continued its hot streak by beating Thompson Falls 38-14. Fairfield dismantled Anaconda 50-0. If Colstrip plays like they have the last two weeks, they definitely have a shot at knocking off Fairfield. I still don't think it will be enough. Predicted winner: Fairfield.

#1 3B Baker vs. #2 5B Manhattan - Losing the 5B championship might have been the best thing to happen to Manhattan as they didn't have to play HP like Jefferson did. They took down Columbus 67-41 in the first round while Baker beat Glasgow 47-6. This should be a great game and I give Baker a slight edge because they are playing at home where they have been historically tough forever. Predicted winner: Baker.

Bottom Side of Bracket:

#1 2B Malta vs. #2 3B Huntley Project - A rematch game from earlier in the season. Malta was driving inside HP's 20 yard line but lost a fumble to take a 28-27 loss at Huntley. Now Malta gets a shot at redemption at home against the red hot Red Devils who just beat one of the better teams in Class B, Jefferson. Malta took home a victory of Deer Lodge in the first round. This game will be a slugfest with two strengths playing against each other (HP's offense vs. Malta's defense). I give Huntley the slight edge just because they have a bit more firepower. Predicted winner: Huntley Project.

#1 6B Missoula Loyola vs. #2 7B Bigfork - The two weakest teams left in the 8 team bracket get to duke it out against each other to earn a chance to the semis. They have a lot common opponents which actually makes the prediction even harder to predict because one has beaten a common opponent by more than the other but then another has lost to a team that the other beat. So I'll throw a dart blind. Predicted winner: Missoula Loyola.

C8
Top Side of the Bracket:

#1 E Fairview vs. #2 W Charlo - Charlo has been really good down the stretch but Fairview is just way too talented. Charlo also has to travel 600 plus miles for this one. It should be relatively close but I got Fairview pulling away in the 4th. Predicted winner: Fairview.

#1 N Chinook vs. #2 S Ennis - Chinook has arguably been the best team in Class C due to their schedule and being undefeated but Ennis will be its toughest test of the season. Its a toss up game in my opinion so I'll go with Chinook at home. Predicted winner: Chinook.

Bottom Side of the Bracket:

#1 W Arlee vs. #2 E Wibaux - Arlee has had the weakest schedule of the four #1 seeds and they get one of the toughest #2 seeds in Wibaux this weekend. Wibaux has to travel over 650 miles but there only blemish this season has been a 12 point loss to Fairview. Arlee is still a very talented team but Wibaux is the best team they have seen all year and its not even close. Predicted Winner: Wibaux.

#1 S Twin Bridges vs. #2 N CJI - Twin Bridges gets the most offensively explosive #2 seed in the bracket in CJI. I have a feeling that Twin Bridges has already had its best game of the season (against Ennis) so I see this as a trap game. Predicted Winner: CJI

C6
Top Side of the Bracket:

#1 E Savage vs. #2 W Lone Peak - Lone Peak has put up some huge point totals over the last three weeks but against quality competition, they have been average. They have losses to Hot Springs (71-14) and Westby-Grenora (54-24) so I don't see them beating Savage. Predicted winner: Savage.

#1 N DGS vs. #2 S Hobson-Moore-Judith Gap - HMJG has been decent this year but DGS is finally fully healthy and playing up to their potential. Predicted winner: DGS.

Bottom Side of the Bracket:

#1 W Hot Springs vs. #3 N Valier - Valier has some close games against really good teams (34-18 loss to Box Elder and 32-30 loss to DGS) but Hot Springs might be the best team in 6-man. I don't see an upset. Predicted winner: Hot Springs.

#1 S Custer-Hysham vs. #2 N Box Elder - Pretty cool to see Box Elder celebrating on the field after their first round win against Jordan. They have had a great season and I don't see it coming to a halt against Custer-Hysham. I think Box Elder wins by a few touchdowns. Predicted winner: Box Elder.

WeedKillinCat
Member # Retired

Post by WeedKillinCat » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:46 am

Jacob Hadley from Billings Central has interest from both schools but I know he is a Bobcat fan and has been for a long time. Might be a good walk on offer:

http://billingsgazette.com/sports/high- ... 16176.html

1993 Agronomy
If You Want To Get To Heaven-----You Gotta Raise A Little Hell

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:56 am

Luke May from Whitefish signed with U of Minn. track to throw the Jav.

Not on anyone's list but one of the best all around athletes in the state,IMO. Bennett Hostetler from Boz. is going to play baseball at NDSU.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:29 am

WeedKillinCat wrote:Jacob Hadley from Billings Central has interest from both schools but I know he is a Bobcat fan and has been for a long time. Might be a good walk on offer:

http://billingsgazette.com/sports/high- ... 16176.html
Hadley will be courted as more than a walk-on by the time the season ends. His sister attends MSU but the Griz have been after him hard. We may have to ante up for him but we already got one of the best receivers in Montana, Karl Tucker. But you can't teach 6'6"!

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:30 am

Hawks86 wrote:Luke May from Whitefish signed with U of Minn. track to throw the Jav.

Not on anyone's list but one of the best all around athletes in the state,IMO. Bennett Hostetler from Boz. is going to play baseball at NDSU.
Good for Luke May! Isn't DJ Perdaems a good baseball player as well?

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:35 am

MSU recruit from Fairview Ben Hardy also tops out about 6'6". We missed his older brother and coach Greg Hardy who was an all conference tight end for UM.

Ben is getting better and will be tremendous with some coaching on using his body and height.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:41 am

kwcat wrote:MSU recruit from Fairview Ben Hardy also tops out about 6'6". We missed his older brother and coach Greg Hardy who was an all conference tight end for UM.

Ben is getting better and will be tremendous with some coaching on using his body and height.
Kwcat: What do you think Ben's best position is? Tight end, defensive end, WR.