Montana Recruits 2016

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Re: Montana Recruits 2016

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:52 am

lutecat wrote:What are your thoughts on Belgrade now? I was at that game, and being a fan of Coach K, I'm curious your thoughts on how you think they'll do this year. I know you dropped them out of the top 10. I'm hoping the turn it around.
All Belgrade has to do is win its next four games and they win the Central division. They played the hardest non-conference schedule out of any team in Class A and, frankly, I think they need a break. These next four games against Livingston, Havre, Lewistown, and Browning all should be wins with the toughest one probably against Havre. I see them finishing 4-4 and winning the Central division. They played toe-to-toe with Butte Central. They are a good team that just doesn't have the firepower like Billings Central, Miles City, Laurel, Whitefish, or Dillon. Do I think they are better than their record? Absolutely! And anything can happen in the playoffs. Take care of business with these next four winnable games and Belgrade will be right where it needed to be.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:08 am

A little update on our four Montana commits and their teams:

Karl Tucker - Since he was moved primarily back to receiver, CMR's season has been re-ignited. He still takes some snaps as a QB but he is truly a stud as a receiver. He has arguably been the MVP of their team which also includes Andrew Grinde.

Sean Opland - I believe his stats from this last weeks game speak for themselves (they were posted on the "Commits" section thread at the top of Bobcatnation). His team is 0-4 as Troy had some players ineligible but he has absolutely been a star.

Derek Marks - I have already spoken about Belgrade's struggles for the first half of their season but Derek has done everything he can to keep his team in games. He has also started to become friends with some of the MSU freshman players and they come and watch his games in Belgrade. Belgrade still should win their conference if they win the next four games so if you are ever in Bozeman and Belgrade has a home game, go over and cheer on our recruit!

Jake Sessions - Colstrip is out to a 4-0 start in Class B! They will get tested in the next couple of weeks but Jake is anchoring the offensive and defensive lines.

Again, if you ever want to know if their is a game in your area, a good way to check is on http://mtscores.com/#/scores/1/1/upcoming. The home team is always listed on the bottom and away on the top. If you want to check any of these commits out, go to a game and cheer them on. Support is never a bad thing!

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:28 am

Top 10 list (Week 5):

AA
1.) Billings Senior (5-0)
2.) Bozeman (4-1)
3.) Great Falls CMR (4-1)
4.) Helena High (4-1)
5.) Kalispell Glacier (3-2)
6.) Kalispell Flathead (3-2)
7.) Helena Capital (3-2)
8.) Missoula Sentinal (3-2)
9.) Great Falls (2-3)
10.) Billings West (2-3)

Billings Senior defeated a tough Helena Capital team 37-14 to stay undefeated. They may have the best D in Class AA and will need to keep proving themselves during these last three games. The game of the week that pitted Bozeman vs. Kalispell Flathead didn't disappoint if you are a fan of defense. Flathead played their tails off but Bozeman had a big 92 yard punt block for a TD by Payton O'Reilly to change the game. CMR crushed Butte and they are on a roll. Helena FINALLY had an impressive win by beating Great Falls High 56-0. Only undefeated team is Billings Senior. Next week's "Game to Watch" will be CMR (4-1) at Helena Capital (3-2).

A
1.) Dillon (4-0)
2.) Whitefish (4-1)
3.) Billings Central (3-1)
4.) Laurel (4-0)
5.) Miles City (5-0)
6.) Butte Central (4-1)
7.) Hamilton (4-1)
8.) Columbia Falls (2-1)
9.) Sidney (3-2)
10.) Havre (3-2)

Dillon left no doubt on who the better undefeated team was against Hamilton, crushing them 37-7. All top teams won big except for Miles City which won a dog fight with Sidney, 22-21. Sidney impressed me by bouncing back from a bad loss to Havre and almost got past a very good Miles City squad. Three remaining undefeated teams are Dillon, Miles City, and Laurel. Next week's "Games to Watch" are Laurel (4-0) at Sidney (3-2), Polson (2-2) at Whitefish (4-1), and Columbia Falls (2-1) at Dillon (4-0).

B
1.) Manhattan (5-0)
2.) Fairfield (5-0)
3.) Colstrip (5-0)
4.) Baker (4-0)
5.) Huntley Project (4-1)
6.) Jefferson (3-1)
7.) Big Timber (4-1)
8.) Columbus (3-1)
9.) Malta (3-1)
T10) Townsend (2-2)
T10) Forsyth (3-2)

The top 5 teams all won. The shakeup happened in teams 6-10. Townsend dropped after getting beat by Big Timber. Big Timber is the only team to give #1 Manhattan a game this year so they deserved some credit and I moved them up to 7. Jefferson is figured it out and moved up to 6. Columbus improved to 3-1 and they jumped into the polls at 8. Townsend and Forsyth dropped to a tie for 10th and they are on their last straw. Malta thumped Poplar 71-0. Remaining undefeated teams are Manhattan, Fairfield, Colstrip, Florence (not in top 10), and Baker. Next week's "Games to Watch" include: Jefferson (3-1) at Columbus (3-1), Colstrip (5-0) at Huntley Project (4-1), Baker (4-0) at Forsyth (3-2), Shelby (3-2) at Malta (3-1), and Fairfield (5-0) at Cut Bank (3-1).

C8
1.) Chester-Joplin-Inverness (4-0)
2.) Fairview (5-0)
3.) Ennis (5-0)
4.) Twin Bridges (4-0)
5.) Wibaux (4-1)
6.) Arlee (4-0)
7.) Chinook (4-0)
8.) Simms (3-1)
9.) Belt (4-1)
T10.) Charlo (4-1)
T10.) Harlowton (4-1)

The only shakeup happened in last week's game of the week in Class C8 man. Fairview took down Wibaux in a battle of unbeateans, 38-26. Other than that, every other team in the top 10 won. Undefeated teams include CJI, Fairview, Ennis, Twin Bridges, Arlee and Chinook. Next week's "Game to Watch" will be a game near Great Falls: Chinook (4-0) at Belt (4-1).

C6
1.) Denton-Geyser-Stanford (5-0)
2.) Hot Springs (5-0)
3.) Savage (4-0)
4.) Box Elder (5-0)
5.) Terry (4-0)
6.) Jordan (4-1)
7.) Bridger (4-0)
8.) Westby-Grenora (4-1)
9.) Hobson-Moore-Judith Gap (3-0)
10.) Custer-Hysham (4-1)

Every team won in the Top 10. Six teams remain undefeated in Class C6: DGS, Hot Springs, Savage, Box Elder, Terry, and Bridger. Next week's "Games to Watch" include: Westby-Grenora (4-1) at Savage (4-0) and Terry (4-0) at Jordan (4-1).

Grizaddict
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Grizaddict » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:26 am

Vim I watched Manhatan's game and was pretty impressed with a couple players. They absolutely destroyed a struggling Three Forks team who looked outmatched on all levels so tough to gage just how good these kids are. Nehring, who is the biggest kid on the team and probably most athletic, played very well from the quarterback position. He runs pretty effortlessly and threw darts. With his size in class B you think you'd see him on the line but he's just too athletic to not put in a skill position.

The other kid that caught my eye was Caleb Neth. Another athletic receiver who was very quick. I love a punt returner or kick returner who runs with reckless abandon and never slows down and this kid was all of that. He took a punt to the house and almost had another. He was also dangerous as a receiver on the perimeter making so many guys miss.

It will be interesting to see if these guys find their way onto the next level. Nehring has the size and athleticism in my opinion to probably play for the Cats or Griz.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:48 am

Grizaddict wrote:Vim I watched Manhatan's game and was pretty impressed with a couple players. They absolutely destroyed a struggling Three Forks team who looked outmatched on all levels so tough to gage just how good these kids are. Nehring, who is the biggest kid on the team and probably most athletic, played very well from the quarterback position. He runs pretty effortlessly and threw darts. With his size in class B you think you'd see him on the line but he's just too athletic to not put in a skill position.

The other kid that caught my eye was Caleb Neth. Another athletic receiver who was very quick. I love a punt returner or kick returner who runs with reckless abandon and never slows down and this kid was all of that. He took a punt to the house and almost had another. He was also dangerous as a receiver on the perimeter making so many guys miss.

It will be interesting to see if these guys find their way onto the next level. Nehring has the size and athleticism in my opinion to probably play for the Cats or Griz.
Manhattan was one of my preseason picks to make it to the championship game. They are very, very talented. Nehring and Neth are great football players. Nehring is getting heavily recruited by both the Cats and Griz. Stitt sees him as another one of those "inside receivers". The Cats see him as either a TE/WR. The problem is that both of them are getting a lot of division one track interest and I heard Nehring is leaning that way instead of football. Colorado State I think has already offered Nehring a track scholarship. But anything can happen between now and signing day. Nehring is one of my top 20 players in Montana just because he is SO athletic.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:14 am

This should lighten the mood a little around here. Some good football being played in Bozeman, Great Falls, and Helena this weekend. Game of the year so far in Bozeman with undefeated Billings Senior coming to town.

Top 10 list (Week 6):

AA
1.) Billings Senior (6-0)
2.) Bozeman (5-1)
3.) Helena High (5-1)
4.) Kalispell Glacier (4-2)
5.) Helena Capital (4-2)
6.) Kalispell Flathead (4-2)
7.) Great Falls CMR (4-2)
8.) Missoula Sentinal (3-3)
9.) Billings West (3-3)
10.) Great Falls (2-4)

Bozeman opened up the weekend with a thumping of Missoula Big Sky (50-12). They have responded to their loss to Helena Capital. Speaking of Capital, they had the biggest win of the weekend by taking down CMR by a touchdown. That loss moved CMR down in the rankings. Glacier had a shootout with Missoula Sentinel but they pulled away late. Helena pitched a shutout over Billings Skyview. Flathead thumped Hellgate. Billings West got back to .500 on the year with a 35-10 win over Butte. Only undefeated team is Billings Senior and they are earning their record by posting their 3rd shutout of 2015. They have allowed an average of 4 points per game in 2015. Very impressive but they have a looming road game with Bozeman. Next week's "Games to Watch" include: Billings Senior (5-0) at Bozeman (4-1), Kalispell Glacier (4-2) at CMR (4-2), and Helena Capital (4-2) at Helena (5-1). If you are in Bozeman, Great Falls, or Helena GO TO THESE GAMES! If you are in town early for the Sac State game next week, plan your Friday according by going to the biggest AA game of the year so far.

A
1.) Dillon (5-0)
2.) Whitefish (5-1)
3.) Billings Central (4-1)
4.) Miles City (6-0)
5.) Butte Central (5-1)
6.) Laurel (4-1)
7.) Hamilton (5-1)
8.) Sidney (4-2)
9.) Havre (4-2)
10.) Columbia Falls (2-2)

7 of the top 10 teams won big last Friday Night. The game of the week was between Laurel and Sidney and it didn't disappoint. Sidney saved their season by defeating the previously undefeated Locomotives by 6 points (26-20). It moved Sidney right back into contention in the East. Columbia Falls fought hard early but lost to Dillon 48-20. Miles City, Billings Central, Hamilton, Butte Central, and Whitefish all won big. Belgrade got their first W of the season and even though they boast a 1-4 record, they are only a win over Havre away from being in first place in their division. Their are two remaining undefeated teams in Dillon and Miles City. Next week's "Games to Watch" include: Miles City (6-0) at Laurel (4-1), Sidney (4-2) at Billings Central (4-1), Havre (4-2) at Belgrade (1-4), and Whitefish (5-1) at Columbia Falls (2-2).

B
1.) Manhattan (6-0)
2.) Fairfield (5-0)
3.) Baker (5-0)
4.) Huntley Project (5-1)
5.) Jefferson (5-1)
6.) Colstrip (5-1)
7.) Big Timber (5-1)
8.) Malta (4-1)
9.) Townsend (3-2)
10) Columbus (3-2)

Manhattan, Fairfield, and Baker all remained undefeated with big wins over conference opponents. The big game of the week was Colstrip at Huntley and the Red Devils dismantled the previously undefeated Colstrip Colts, 48-6. Jefferson had another convincing win and since their loss to Fairfield, they have allowed one touchdown in three games against quality opponents. If you throw out their Fairfield blowout, they have allowed about 3 points a game. Good response from Jefferson. Big Timber got another big win. Malta came to play against a scrappy Shelby team and thumped them 50-14. Malta needed a big win to prove their top 10 status in my opinion and they left no doubt. Townsend let out some frustration by beating Three Forks 63-6. Remaining undefeated teams are Manhattan, Fairfield, and Baker. Next week's "Games to Watch" include: Townsend (3-2) at Jefferson (5-1). You know what, that is the only game worth watching this week in Class B. Roundup is scrappy and could give Big Timber a good game but the odds are against them. The Townsend vs. Jefferson game is an intense rivalry and should be a great game.

C8
1.) Chester-Joplin-Inverness (5-0)
2.) Fairview (6-0)
3.) Ennis (6-0)
4.) Chinook (5-0)
5.) Twin Bridges (5-0)
6.) Wibaux (5-1)
7.) Arlee (5-0)
8.) Simms (4-1)
9.) Charlo (5-1)
10.) Belt (4-2)

Every team won in the top 10 except for Belt, who played Chinook in the game of the week in Class C8 man, though it wasn't much of a game. Chinook has been dominant this season and has only allowed 18 points in 5 games. They have caught my attention and I moved them into the top 4. Undefeated teams include CJI, Fairview, Ennis, Twin Bridges, Arlee and Chinook. Next week's "Game to Watch" include: Harlowton (4-1) at Ennis (6-0) and Simms (4-1) at CJI (5-0). If you want to watch good football this week in 8-man, you will have to go down to Ennis or ride the hi-line to Chester.

C6
1.) Hot Springs (6-0)
2.) Denton-Geyser-Stanford (6-0)
3.) Savage (5-0)
4.) Box Elder (6-0)
5.) Terry (5-0)
6.) Bridger (5-0)
7.) Hobson-Moore-Judith Gap (4-0)
8.) Custer-Hysham (5-1)
9.) Jordan (4-2)
10.) Westby-Grenora (4-2)

The only two teams that lost were Westby-Grenora and Jordan. They fell to conference foes Savage and Terry, respectively. I have both of them at the bottom even though I believe they may be better than some of the teams ahead of them. They play in a very tough conference for 6-man. Meanwhile, everyone else won in the top 10 but I dropped DGS from the top 10 after they had a close game with Sunburst. Sunburst isn't a bad team but #4 Box Elder beat them 53-6 so DGS should have had a better performance than that, especially on defense. Hot Springs has dominated everyone so they get the nod as the new #1. Seven teams still undefeated in 6-man. This week's "Games to Watch" include: Savage (5-0) at Terry (5-0) and Westby-Grenora (4-2) at Box Elder (6-0).

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:35 pm

Updated highlight films for some of the top Montana recruits:

Sean Opland - 5'11", 200 lbs. - RB/LB - Troy, MT
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4717331/highlights

You can scroll down and see Sean's first 5 games. He just carries that team and is having an incredible year. Really glad we have a verbal from him. Fun kid to watch!

Derek Marks - 6'3", 230 lbs. - DE/TE - Belgrade, MT
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2901408/highlights

Belgrade had a buzzsaw of a schedule to start the year but if they beat Havre this weekend, they will be right in line to win the Central A division. Derek has played well and is doing everything he can to help the Panthers make the playoffs. Go cheer him on if you are in the Bozeman area.

Karl Tucker II - 6'1", 205 lbs. - WR - no current highlights from this year

Jake Sessions - 6'5", 275 lbs. - OL/DL - Colstrip, MT
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1935701/highlights

Not a very extensive highlight selection for this year but Jake sticks out like a sore thumb on the football field at the Class B level. After watching his junior year film, he has definitely improved and they pull him a lot in the run game with great success.

Balue Chapman - 6'2", 195 lbs. - DE/RB - Bozeman, MT

He is about the same size as Brad Daly coming out of high school and he has a ridiculous first step as a defensive end. And if you want to watch him as a running back, start at 2:15 in the video...wow!

Payton O'Reilly - 6'1", 220 lbs. - TE/MLB - Bozeman, MT

Very instinctive linebacker who blitzes often. Has a knack for getting in the backfield with 13 TFLs already in 2015. Blocked a field goal by basically taking the ball from the foot of the kicker and then returned it for a score.

Trace Bradshaw - 6'3", 225 lbs. - DT/FB - Bozeman, MT
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1843090/

Plays hard from the defensive tackle 3-tech and runs over people as a FB on offense. Trace is really helping his D1 offer potential with an outstanding senior season thus far. Bozeman is so loaded.

Jed Nagler - 6'4", 210 lbs. - WR/OLB - Whitefish, MT

Probably the best all-around athlete other than Sean Opland in Montana, Nagler is wrecking Class A this year at receiver. The current Griz commit is doing everything he can to make sure Whitefish reaches that title game. He is fun to watch and I'll have more analysis on him when his senior season is over.

Luke May - 6'0", 190 lbs. - QB/S - Whitefish, MT
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3153336/highlights

Luke has been up to his usual tricks this season by being one of the best scrambling QB's in the state this year. He makes a lot of plays with his feet that aid both the pass and run game. Him and Jed Nagler make a tough duo to stop.

Bemiller49
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Bemiller49 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:49 pm

Sessions is just HUGE!

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:08 pm

Bemiller49 wrote:Sessions is just HUGE!
I wonder if the coaches are planning OL or DL for him?

FTG- GO CATS GO!

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:21 pm

100% offensive line for Jake Sessions. He is a much better offensive lineman than defensive lineman. Plays both ways because he has to. Love the improvement he has shown from Junior to Senior year with strength, quickness, and technique.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:22 pm

Here are a few more 2015 highlights:

Michael Jobman - 6'4", 215 lbs. - WR/LB - Huntley Project, MT
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4436491/highlights

Jobman I believe has gotten offers from us and the Griz already and its hard to pinpoint which position he would be better at. He is a really good receiver and a really good linebacker. Would be one of the top gets in Montana whoever lands him. So much potential to build on.

Dallas Mack - 6'1", 185 lbs. - QB/FS - Huntley Project, MT
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4480305/highlights

Dallas will be a defensive player at the next level and he is having a good year at FS. He will have to improve his speed but I know some people in Huntley love the kids work ethic and his love for the game. We have interest but he may be a PWO candidate.

Jace Lewis - 6'1", 206 lbs. - QB/LB - Townsend, MT
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/6525743/highlights

Jace is your classic "do-everything" small town football player. He is the MVP of his team and never comes off the field. He is a good QB but his position at the next level is OLB most likely. Really good athlete and just a good solid football player.

Trase LeTexier - 6,3", 230 lbs. - MLB - Jefferson, MT

Trase might be the best MLB in the state and he plays for a Class B team. Has improved his athleticism since his junior year and his hips are more fluid in pass coverage. Is putting together an outstanding senior season. He is a tackling machine and the definition of a thumper. One of my favorite players from Montana this year.

Kyle Finch - 6'3", 205 lbs. - DE/OLB - Dillon, MT
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3141560/highlights

The leader of #1 Dillon's defense, Kyle is one of the most physical players in the state. He uses his hands really effectively to fight off blocks and has a strong base. He moved out to OLB this year from DE and he has shown he can play out in space. Will probably make a pretty good defensive end at the next level. Judging from social media, he is a fairly large Griz fan but nothing that a little recruiting can't overcome. Colter raved about him at MSU's camp this summer and it shows up on film. I know I have a Top 50 list but that was going into this season. That list will look fairly different at the beginning of December and Finch is going to be moving up.

Alex Draper - 6'0", 200 lbs. - RB/LB - Hamilton, MT
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1919932/highlights

Another good two-way player. I like him as a running back mostly because of his vision, patience, and his feet. He can really plant his foot and make an effective cut while running the ball without loosing too much speed. He has gotten better as a LB since last year. I don't know about interest but I think he is a good athlete and has Hamilton in position to make a playoff run.

DriscollCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DriscollCat » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:08 pm

VimSince03 wrote:Here are a few more 2015 highlights:

Michael Jobman - 6'4", 215 lbs. - WR/LB - Huntley Project, MT
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4436491/highlights

Jobman I believe has gotten offers from us and the Griz already and its hard to pinpoint which position he would be better at. He is a really good receiver and a really good linebacker. Would be one of the top gets in Montana whoever lands him. So much potential to build on.

Dallas Mack - 6'1", 185 lbs. - QB/FS - Huntley Project, MT
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4480305/highlights

Dallas will be a defensive player at the next level and he is having a good year at FS. He will have to improve his speed but I know some people in Huntley love the kids work ethic and his love for the game. We have interest but he may be a PWO candidate.

Jace Lewis - 6'1", 206 lbs. - QB/LB - Townsend, MT
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/6525743/highlights

Jace is your classic "do-everything" small town football player. He is the MVP of his team and never comes off the field. He is a good QB but his position at the next level is OLB most likely. Really good athlete and just a good solid football player.

Trase LeTexier - 6,3", 230 lbs. - MLB - Jefferson, MT

Trase might be the best MLB in the state and he plays for a Class B team. Has improved his athleticism since his junior year and his hips are more fluid in pass coverage. Is putting together an outstanding senior season. He is a tackling machine and the definition of a thumper. One of my favorite players from Montana this year.

Kyle Finch - 6'3", 205 lbs. - DE/OLB - Dillon, MT
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3141560/highlights

The leader of #1 Dillon's defense, Kyle is one of the most physical players in the state. He uses his hands really effectively to fight off blocks and has a strong base. He moved out to OLB this year from DE and he has shown he can play out in space. Will probably make a pretty good defensive end at the next level. Judging from social media, he is a fairly large Griz fan but nothing that a little recruiting can't overcome. Colter raved about him at MSU's camp this summer and it shows up on film. I know I have a Top 50 list but that was going into this season. That list will look fairly different at the beginning of December and Finch is going to be moving up.

Alex Draper - 6'0", 200 lbs. - RB/LB - Hamilton, MT
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1919932/highlights

Another good two-way player. I like him as a running back mostly because of his vision, patience, and his feet. He can really plant his foot and make an effective cut while running the ball without loosing too much speed. He has gotten better as a LB since last year. I don't know about interest but I think he is a good athlete and has Hamilton in position to make a playoff run.
It would be great to see a guy from my hometown play for the 'Cat's. When I was growing up that was pretty deep dark pink territory.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:23 am

Top 10 list (Week 7):

AA
1.) Bozeman (6-1)
2.) Billings Senior (6-1)
3.) Kalispell Glacier (5-2)
4.) Helena Capital (5-2)
5.) Helena High (5-2)
6.) Kalispell Flathead (5-2)
7.) Great Falls CMR (4-3)
8.) Missoula Sentinal (4-3)
9.) Billings West (4-3)
10.) Great Falls (2-5)

A wild weekend in AA. Three great games. Bozeman blocked a short field goal attempt to beat Billings Senior in what was one of the best games of the AA season thus far. It was a back and forth affair against two of the best teams in AA. Kalispell Glacier is on a 5 game winning streak after starting 0-2. They took down CMR (28-15). Helena Capital beat up on rival Helena High 36-16. So that leaves two teams at 6-1 and four teams at 5-2 in the top 6. Next week's "Games to Watch" include: CMR (4-3) at Billings Senior (6-1) and Helena Capital (5-2) at Kalispell Flathead (5-2). This thing is wide open in AA, especially if Bozeman or Billings Senior drop another game here down the stretch. Fun stuff and a very competitive AA season so far!

A
1.) Dillon (6-0)
2.) Whitefish (6-1)
3.) Billings Central (5-1)
4.) Miles City (7-0)
5.) Hamilton (6-1)
6.) Butte Central (5-2)
7.) Havre (5-2)
8.) Laurel (4-2)
9.) Sidney (4-3)
10.) Polson (3-3)

Status quo for the top 4 teams. Miles City had the toughest game of the four and took down Laurel, 34-14. Billings Central handed Sidney another loss with a 46-22 win. Havre got a huge win over Belgrade and all but locked up the Central conference #1 seed. The biggest upset of the week came from Polson knocking off Butte Central, 28-14. Polson needed a big victory as they had not met expectations this season. They beat a very sound Butte Central team and moved into my top 10. Hamilton moved back into the top 5 with a big victory over rival Corvallis. Dillon and Whitefish won convincingly once again. Dillon and Miles City are the only remaining undefeated squads in Class A. Next week's "Games to Watch" include: Billings Central (5-1) at Miles City (7-0) and Hamilton (6-1) at Butte Central (5-2).

B
1.) Manhattan (7-0)
2.) Fairfield (6-0)
3.) Baker (6-0)
4.) Huntley Project (6-1)
5.) Jefferson (6-1)
6.) Colstrip (6-1)
7.) Big Timber (6-1)
8.) Malta (5-1)
9.) Columbus (4-2)
10) Townsend (3-3)

The top 8 teams all won on Friday. The biggest victory came from Jefferson as they took down rival Townsend 41-16. I would drop Townsend out of the top 10 but the next best record (Missoula Loyola at 4-1) has their only loss to Townsend. Forsyth is also 3-3 but I just think Townsend is the most talented of the 3. Remaining undefeated teams are Manhattan, Fairfield, and Baker. Next week's "Games to Watch" include: Forsyth (3-3) at Colstrip (6-1), Big Timber (6-1) at Columbus (4-2). These two games will have playoff implications for all 4 teams, good and bad.

C8
1.) Chester-Joplin-Inverness (6-0)
2.) Fairview (7-0)
3.) Ennis (7-0)
4.) Chinook (6-0)
5.) Twin Bridges (6-0)
6.) Wibaux (6-1)
7.) Arlee (6-0)
8.) Charlo (6-1)
9.) Simms (4-2)
10.) Belt (5-2)

Top 7 teams all won. The biggest game was Simms at CJI and it was a good game with CJI pulling away, 64-44. Actually, Simms was the only team in the top 10 to lose last week. The top 10 teams are pretty much locked in for the rest of the season. Still six undefeated teams include CJI, Fairview, Ennis, Twin Bridges, Arlee and Chinook. Next week's "Game to Watch" includes: CJI (6-0) at Chinook (6-0). This will be one of the best 8man games of the year so if you wanna ride the hiline to Chinook, you will get to take in a battle of the unbeatens. The winner gets the inside track to the North conference title.

C6
1.) Hot Springs (7-0)
2.) Denton-Geyser-Stanford (7-0)
3.) Savage (6-0)
4.) Box Elder (7-0)
5.) Terry (5-1)
6.) Hobson-Moore-Judith Gap (6-0)
7.) Bridger (6-1)
8.) Custer-Hysham (6-1)
9.) Jordan (5-2)
10.) Westby-Grenora (4-3)

The only two teams that lost were Westby-Grenora and Terry, both to top 4 teams Box Elder and Savage, respectively. Meanwhile, everyone else won in the top 10. Five teams still undefeated in 6-man. This week's "Games to Watch" include: Custer-Hysham (6-1) at Hobson-Moore-Judith Gap (6-0). So head on over to "middle of nowhere" Montana for the best 6-man game of the week!
Last edited by VimSince03 on Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:59 am

Class AA - CMR over Bozeman
Class A - Whitefish over Dillon
Class B - Manhattan over Huntley Project
Class C - Belt over Simms (8-man)
Class C - DGS over Bridger (6-man)
Class AA - Revisiting my un-educated preseason championship game predictions. CMR has had a Jekyll and Hyde type of season. After loosing their opener, they moved Karl Tucker back to WR (he still plays some wildcat QB) and they started to be much better on offense. They absolutely smoked Helena High who is one of the better teams in Class AA (5-2) but then got beat by both Kalispell schools (both 5-2) and Helen Capital (5-2). They are 4-3 going into a big game this weekend against Billing Senior. Meanwhile, Bozeman is a power run team with a stingy defense that has pretty much met expectations this season. They had an upset loss against Helena Capital but their defense will continue to keep them in every game for the remainder of the season. They are 6-1 coming off a huge win over Billings Senior. My prediction definitely could still happen but CMR needs to become more consistent on both offense and defense. You never know as Class AA has been extremely competitive each week this season. Also, I predict that CMR will get the 7th or 6th seed and Bozeman will get the #1 seed in the playoffs, putting them on opposite sides of the bracket.

Class A - I'll keep this one short because this prediction definitely could still happen. Dillon beat Whitefish early in the season by one point and both teams have a great chance of meeting each other in the championship game as the winner of the Southwest and Northwest conferences will be on opposite sides of the bracket for the playoffs.

Class B - Manhattan has been one of the best teams in Class B throughout the entire season and Huntley Projects only loss has been to undefeated Baker by 2 points. The only problem is that Huntley will probably be the #2 seed out of 3B and Manhattan (if they beat Jefferson in two weeks) will be the #1 out of 5B so if that were to happen, they would meet each other in the first round of the playoffs. So if Jefferson upsets Manhattan in two weeks, Manhattan would be the #2 seed and move to the other side of the bracket and my prediction is still alive...go Jefferson!!!

Class C (8) - Belt and Simms are currently the #9 and #10 ranked teams in my poll and this prediction just doesn't look too good. Belt and Simms aren't even the best two teams in their conference (CJI and Chinook). HOWEVER, the 3rd and 4th seeds of the North will be on opposite sides of the bracket in the playoffs so my prediction is still alive baby!!!

Class C (6) - I was throwing darts at this prediction. DGS has been consistent this season but Bridger had a bad loss to a good Hobson-Moore-Judith Gap team. But who knows. 6-man is crazy and anything can happen.

Overall, my safest pick of Whitefish over Dillon has the best odds of actually happening this season.
Last edited by VimSince03 on Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

GrizgradCatFan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by GrizgradCatFan » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:24 pm

What guys do you really think we have a chance at Vim? I have heard both bozeman guys are headed out of state

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:40 am

GrizgradCatFan wrote:What guys do you really think we have a chance at Vim? I have heard both bozeman guys are headed out of state
Just to name a few of the big ones with a percentage of odds that we get that kid:

Chase Benson - has interest from Washington but I think it will come down to us and the Griz. 50/50

Michael Jobman - has full-ride offers from both us and the Griz. Has also gotten heavy interest from Wyoming and has gone on a visit to Nebraska. 50/50

Balue Chapman - has a full-ride offer from us. Do not know about any Griz contact. Has recently received heavy interest from NDSU. I still say we have a very good shot of landing him. 75%

Payton O'Reilly - both coaching staffs (cats and griz) have him on the radar but I don't know about an offer. One will probably come but as of right now Payton has been receiving interest from Wyoming and possibly Utah.

Jace Lewis - another 50/50 kid between us and Griz. Maybe more Griz on this one. Will come down to visits and the offer.

Luke May and Dane Warp - I don't know where we are at with these two. May is the better athlete and Warp is the better passer. May might make a better safety in college. If Warp gets stronger, he has a shot. Again, not a huge need for us at QB.

Gus Herzog - We have a very good chance of landing Gus on a preferred walk-on or partial. I think he is also a Cat fan.

Alec Nehring - Griz have thrown their hat in the ring on Alec and we have been steadily recruiting him as well. The two in-state schools will have to fight him away from the track scholarships he will be receiving.

Trase LeTexier - comes from a Griz family but I don't think there are any offers yet. We have been recruiting him as well. Another kid that has received interest from Wyoming.

These are a just a few of the top players in Montana. This is a very spread out year in terms of who is a Cat fan and who is a Griz fan. A lot of 50/50 kids that we just have to out-recruit the Griz on. Again, it will come down to the offers and we have more firepower than the Griz in that regard.

Bemiller49
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Bemiller49 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:15 pm

Which of those fill needs and would be your priority to get to commit? Do you think any of those that have committed have any chance of not redshirting. It seems, besides DB we have decent depth and it would be hard for a true freshman to get playing time.

blueandgoldblitz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:38 pm

After this year, what do we have at DT? We lose Sheridan, Thomas, and Bignell. That leaves Yates and Naotala? I know I must be missing someone. I know Fa'anono was originally brought in to be a DT. Any insight into this? That could be a huge recruiting edge to get Chase Benson here. He could start, or at least see the field consistently right away.

Edit: I forgot Riley Griffiths. I haven't heard anything about him this year. Anyone know how he's looking?

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:57 pm

CB, OL, DT, and RB have to be priorities. Also need another QB.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:09 pm

VimSince03 wrote:100% offensive line for Jake Sessions. He is a much better offensive lineman than defensive lineman. Plays both ways because he has to. Love the improvement he has shown from Junior to Senior year with strength, quickness, and technique.
Thank you for your updates on all things MSU football. I do appreciate hearing about these potential Bobcats, and you have more info than any site around.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride