Transfers..?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Alabamagrizzly
BobcatNation Redshirt

Re: Transfers..?

Post by Alabamagrizzly » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:56 am

GoCats18 wrote:I will also add that Jimmy Wilson shot and killed a man, then was arrested claiming self defense for his Aunt. The Griz welcomed him back and now he plays in the NFL. He was given a second chance and it made a huge difference in his life. I hope this kid has a really good story about that night and he is able to play. I mean, we have a very limited defensive backfield people.....we need bodies!!! Haha!
Uhhh, ok. I'm guessing you didn't buy his self defense claim. Why? Cus he was a grizzly. I wouldn't pass judgement on Fort until the trial is over. 23 of 24 jurors thought Wilson was defending himself and the 24th just wasn't sure.

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:04 pm

Alabamagrizzly wrote:
GoCats18 wrote:I will also add that Jimmy Wilson shot and killed a man, then was arrested claiming self defense for his Aunt. The Griz welcomed him back and now he plays in the NFL. He was given a second chance and it made a huge difference in his life. I hope this kid has a really good story about that night and he is able to play. I mean, we have a very limited defensive backfield people.....we need bodies!!! Haha!
Uhhh, ok. I'm guessing you didn't buy his self defense claim. Why? Cus he was a grizzly. I wouldn't pass judgement on Fort until the trial is over. 23 of 24 jurors thought Wilson was defending himself and the 24th just wasn't sure.
Why are you assuming that's what gocats18 thought? He's just comparing. I don't see any malicious intent in the post.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:06 pm

CatBlitz wrote:
BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:Nine felony charges? He better have at least 6' of height and Sun Belt level talent, or else nine felony charges is pretty hard to swallow.
Sun Belt is your bottom line? :lol:

;)
For these particular felonies, assuming a not-guilty verdict at trial. If it was nine counts of rape, my bottom line would be Mel Blount's body and instincts with the speed and ball skills of Deion Sanders.

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:25 pm

I hope the urgency to shore up the defense has not clouded the judgment of a program known to try to do things the right way. That said, as I remember, Junior Adams came with a bit of a checkered past and that turned out well for all concerned. Still, this one seems a bit premature before the court resolution...

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:26 pm

Bobcat4Ever wrote:I hope the urgency to shore up the defense has not clouded the judgment of a program known to try to do things the right way. That said, as I remember, Junior Adams came with a bit of a checkered past and that turned out well for all concerned. Still, this one seems a bit premature before the court resolution...
Seems premature to judge a coaches decision before anything is final, wouldn't you say?

Alabamagrizzly
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Alabamagrizzly » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:28 pm

CatBlitz wrote:
Alabamagrizzly wrote:
Why are you assuming that's what gocats18 thought? He's just comparing. I don't see any malicious intent in the post.
I will also add that Jimmy Wilson shot and killed a man, then was arrested claiming self defense for his Aunt
The wording of this sentence sounds like he thinks Jimmy shot the man and then made up an excuse. For one thing, the victim was going towards Jimmy with the gun and when Jimmy tried to wrestle it away, the victim was accidentally shot and killed. He may have ment no maliciousness but his wording could have been better.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:30 pm

Alabamagrizzly wrote: The wording of this sentence sounds like he thinks Jimmy shot the man and then made up an excuse. For one thing, the victim was going towards Jimmy with the gun and when Jimmy tried to wrestle it away, the victim was accidentally shot and killed. He may have ment no maliciousness but his wording could have been better.
You didn't read his entire post. You overreacted. Nothing in that post was inaccurate, and he was basically sticking up for the Griz by giving Wilson a second chance when it wasn't a unanimous feeling in the community.
He was given a second chance and it made a huge difference in his life. I hope this kid has a really good story about that night and he is able to play. I mean, we have a very limited defensive backfield people.....we need bodies!!! Haha!
No big deal, but don't assign outrage when none is needed, and it's unneeded in this instance. :D

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

Alabamagrizzly
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Alabamagrizzly » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:40 pm

PapaG wrote:
Alabamagrizzly wrote: The wording of this sentence sounds like he thinks Jimmy shot the man and then made up an excuse. For one thing, the victim was going towards Jimmy with the gun and when Jimmy tried to wrestle it away, the victim was accidentally shot and killed. He may have ment no maliciousness but his wording could have been better.
You didn't read his entire post. You overreacted. Nothing in that post was inaccurate, and he was basically sticking up for the Griz by giving Wilson a second chance when it wasn't a unanimous feeling in the community.
He was given a second chance and it made a huge difference in his life. I hope this kid has a really good story about that night and he is able to play. I mean, we have a very limited defensive backfield people.....we need bodies!!! Haha!
No big deal, but don't assign outrage when none is needed, and it's unneeded in this instance. :D
Agreed that I jumped on that first sentence. The way I interpreted it, I felt he still thought Jimmy was guilty but got off and then made it to the NFL. I agree that if Fort deserves it(after his trial is concluded and his innocence proven), he should get a second chance also.

I didn't mean to turn this thread into a cat/griz pissing match. Just wanted to defend my boy. 8)

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:15 pm

Alabamagrizzly wrote:(after his trial is concluded and his innocence proven)
That's not what happens at trials. Except in the case of an affirmative defense, a defendant doesn't have his innocence proven. Instead, twelve random people (often with a startlingly poor understanding of how the legal system works) decide that the district attorney did not prove the defendant's guilt to their satisfaction. That's why there are innocent men on death row and killers walking free.

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:47 pm

Ash wouldn't recruit a felon if he was the next coming of Deion Sanders.....there must be a doubt whether he is guilty or not....kind of like Marcus
Tappan and Anthony Knight.....

2024 Resume dominance

Jobu
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Jobu » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:09 pm

If he's ultimately acquitted, welcome aboard.

Until then, he should have NOTHING to do with the program.

Hats for bats. Keeps bats warm.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:27 pm

Alabamagrizzly wrote:
PapaG wrote:
Agreed that I jumped on that first sentence. The way I interpreted it, I felt he still thought Jimmy was guilty but got off and then made it to the NFL. I agree that if Fort deserves it(after his trial is concluded and his innocence proven), he should get a second chance also.

I didn't mean to turn this thread into a cat/griz pissing match. Just wanted to defend my boy. 8)
Which turns into an um'er seeing how high up he can piss.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:47 pm

Jobu wrote:If he's ultimately acquitted, welcome aboard.

A lot has changed in the last few years. Not that many years ago it was :"Innocent until proven guilty." Now it appears to be: "Guilty until you can prove you are innocent." I personally don't care to put that much faith in our legal system given the profiles of those wearing a badge all the way to the lawyers and judges ultimately passing judgement on a large segment of our society continually getting screwed by those who are supposed to be protecting and defending them.

KittieKop
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by KittieKop » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:41 am

Cat Grad wrote:

A lot has changed in the last few years. Not that many years ago it was :"Innocent until proven guilty." Now it appears to be: "Guilty until you can prove you are innocent." I personally don't care to put that much faith in our legal system given the profiles of those wearing a badge all the way to the lawyers and judges ultimately passing judgement on a large segment of our society continually getting screwed by those who are supposed to be protecting and defending them.
Seems like you don't have any problem automatically assuming a lot of people are guilty. Appears you're part of the problem :roll:

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

Jobu
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Jobu » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:24 am

Cat Grad wrote:

Oh, he still has the presumption of innocence. And Coach Ash still has the presumption it's not wise to bring someone in who has nine pending felony charges.

The rest of your post..... :-k

Hats for bats. Keeps bats warm.

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:04 am

I'll go way out on a limb here and just assume that Ash and Co. (like they do with just about everyone they recruit) did a little background checking on this guy. Just a little Internet sleuthing has revealed that his defense is saying he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. He had just arrived at CPSLO two weeks prior to the incident. He went to a party at the frat with some friends. The friend that drove got too drunk, so Fort was driving his car for him and couldn't find the lights. The cops pulled him over and the guy who got caught in the act (Akins?) said Fort was in on it.

I'm not sure I buy that story, but it may have been presented to whoever's recruiting him in a more convincing style with more details. I don't think he has signed and I doubt he'll be offered until after his trial.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:18 am

Ash has earned my (our) trust on these matters. I have no doubt that if he and the other coaches think the guy is a good fit, deserves a 2nd chance, or was wronged the first time, then it won't be an issue.

Say what you want about Ash as a coach, but as a character judge he seems to pretty top notch. Yes there have been a few misses, but no one is going to hit 100% on "riskier" guys.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

PHAT CAT
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by PHAT CAT » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:26 am

I know for a fact that both players want to come play here. In time we will see how it all plays out. Until then, chill people.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:45 am

I know everyone hit this thread hard with the Fort talk but Hardy would be a huge addition for the offensive line going into 2016. I'm assuming he would sit out next year if he were to come here because of the transfer rules. He was slated to start at Wyoming this year. If we already landed him, that would be awesome because I also know that a few other schools are after him, including those guys to the west. Here is his old Wyoming profile: http://www.gowyo.com/sports/m-footbl/mt ... 10860.html

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

catscat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by catscat » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:49 am

VimSince03 wrote:I know everyone hit this thread hard with the Fort talk but Hardy would be a huge addition for the offensive line going into 2016. I'm assuming he would sit out next year if he were to come here because of the transfer rules. He was slated to start at Wyoming this year. If we already landed him, that would be awesome because I also know that a few other schools are after him, including those guys to the west. Here is his old Wyoming profile: http://www.gowyo.com/sports/m-footbl/mt ... 10860.html

Since he's dropping down, he should be able to play right away.

Can't make up my mind as to which is better - 55-21 or 48-14.