Sonny Holland scrimmage

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Lovethecats75
BobcatNation Team Captain

Sonny Holland scrimmage

Post by Lovethecats75 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:50 pm

Anybody have any info on who will or will not be playing on Saturday?

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Re: Sonny Holland scrimmage

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:08 pm

Lovethecats75 wrote:Anybody have any info on who will or will not be playing on Saturday?
From What I can remember from what Colter wrote, sounds like it will be a lot like the Triangle Classic. No Teams, starters will sit and back ups will battle for positions.

Darth Yoda
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Darth Yoda » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:52 pm

Ash was quoted as saying every healthy player will play in the Sonny Holland. This is a regular game with two evenly split squads.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:12 pm

Tappan and Collins at ILBs in the 3-4 is fun to think about.

I wish this interview had occurred more recently. Maybe it did, but it seemed like it was was before camp started.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:44 pm

TomCat88 wrote:Tappan and Collins at ILBs in the 3-4 is fun to think about.

I wish this interview had occurred more recently. Maybe it did, but it seemed like it was was before camp started.
I might be wrong but I think all the interviews happened pre camp. I agree with you though.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:00 pm

Darth Yoda wrote:Ash was quoted as saying every healthy player will play in the Sonny Holland. This is a regular game with two evenly split squads.
On Tuesday, Ash told all the media that they would not pick teams, not all healthy players would play and there would not be evenly split squads. He said the scrimmage will be a 70-play session very similar to the Triangle Classic in Great Falls. I wouldn't expect any of the offensive standouts to compete even a single snap.

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:17 am

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Darth Yoda wrote:Ash was quoted as saying every healthy player will play in the Sonny Holland. This is a regular game with two evenly split squads.
On Tuesday, Ash told all the media that they would not pick teams, not all healthy players would play and there would not be evenly split squads. He said the scrimmage will be a 70-play session very similar to the Triangle Classic in Great Falls. I wouldn't expect any of the offensive standouts to compete even a single snap.
This is an interesting philosophy for a football team. It's kind of like owning a brand new Porsche and leaving it in the garage for fear you will get a scratch. It won't get scratched, but then again... :coffee:

CatsandCanesNation
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by CatsandCanesNation » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:48 am

Does it start at noon?

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:19 am

catsrback76 wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
This is an interesting philosophy for a football team. It's kind of like owning a brand new Porsche and leaving it in the garage for fear you will get a scratch. It won't get scratched, but then again... :coffee:

I misspoke or things have changed. Ash told Bill Lamberty this yesterday:

Saturday marks the only live action this spring for the team's top offensive skill players, who have been withheld from contact throughout the spring. "We're doing that because of numbers," Ash said, "and because guys like (running backs) Gunnar Brekke and Chad Newell and Anthony Knight are champing at the bit to play. We've been riding Nick LaSane and Tavon Dodd and Noah James pretty hard, and we have a pretty good evaluation of them. So we'll let the receivers play, we'll let Beau Sandland play, but the scrimmage will only be about 75 plays so we won't extend the

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:36 am

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:21 pm

Sounds like some recruits will be in attendance

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:25 pm

wbtfg wrote:Sounds like some recruits will be in attendance
Hopefully our boys put on a good show. I wish I could go.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:50 am

CatsandCanesNation wrote:Does it start at noon?
Yes. Looking like a nice day for it.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:52 am

Hoping some of you can go and post comments. I can't. Gotta get MSU and Big Sky to quit having the scrimmage and pond skim on the same day.

toM StUber

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:30 am

TomCat88 wrote:Hoping some of you can go and post comments. I can't. Gotta get MSU and Big Sky to quit having the scrimmage and pond skim on the same day.
+1 This is something they should use their streaming website to sell, I would have gladly paid the same as the attendance fee for the Triangle Classic and Sonny Holland to watch it streamed on their site. I bet there quite a few of us that would have paid to watch it.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:12 pm

Sooooooo....how'd it go?

Lovethecats75

Post by Lovethecats75 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:24 pm

Apparently the Brew fest must have been a success and no one went to the scrimmage.

The Big Meowski

Post by The Big Meowski » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:41 pm

They must have looked good, cause even CatStache said, " they looked good."

Brian Demarais
Sec. 105
Row 2
Seat 1

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:30 pm

Overall the team did look good. The offense had some wins and so did the defense, which was good to see. I wasn't counting but there must have been at least 5 touch sacks. I think the final score was 17-10 with Prukop's team beating Bleskin's team.

Just a few highlights since I hate typing on my phone.

The three TDs were all passing. Short one to Barth, long one to Paige, and a long throwback to Brekke on what may have been a busted scramble play but could have been a designed delay throwback I guess. Lasane looked good again. Didn't see too much from Sandland though he might have had one catch.
The corners are playing on the line of scrimmage now. Sometimes they press, sometimes they bail, but they're usually on the line.

The scrimmage ended with Daly trying 3 long kicks with the lines in place but no pressure. He hit from 47, 52, and 57!

Then they had a softball home run derby. The longest hit went to Tucker Yates who crushed one from about the 40 yard line to 2/3 the way up the end zone seats. Dylan Mahoney had a big shot as well. But the winner was Mitch Griebel who cleared the fence on all three of his shots.

Not that it matters but I guess the 3 kicks at the end counted for Prukop's team so the score was 26-10.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

lutecat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by lutecat » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:25 pm

TomCat88 wrote:Hoping some of you can go and post comments. I can't. Gotta get MSU and Big Sky to quit having the scrimmage and pond skim on the same day.
Whoa whoa whoa. I made it to both.