Off-season Q&A with the assistants: Cody Kempt

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Off-season Q&A with the assistants: Cody Kempt

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:08 am

Montana State second-year wide receivers coach endured much adversity in his first season as a full-time coach. Now he has a group flush with young talent ready to attack the Big Sky.Read the Full Article on BobcatNation
Last edited by Colter_Nuanez on Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edit

Doc3kgt
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: Off-season Q&A with the assistants: Cody Kempt

Post by Doc3kgt » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:30 pm

Awesome interview. It really is exciting how much talent and depth MSU has on offense this year, particularly at receiver. Can't wait until Fall!

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:52 pm

Doc3kgt wrote:Awesome interview. It really is exciting how much talent and depth MSU has on offense this year, particularly at receiver. Can't wait until Fall!
yup, not to mention the two 3 star freshman coming in this fall... :shock:

FTG- GO CATS GO!

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:06 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
Doc3kgt wrote:Awesome interview. It really is exciting how much talent and depth MSU has on offense this year, particularly at receiver. Can't wait until Fall!
yup, not to mention the two 3 star freshman coming in this fall... :shock:
No doubt. I was thinking about all our offensive position groups and which group is more talented, O Line, WR, QB, TE, RB... an argument could probably be made for every single one. :shock:

Edit, I guess TE could be considered the most unproven group at this point but from what I'm hearing aboutu Barth and the transfer... that's gonna be rock solid too.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:13 pm

Great interview! The offense is definitely loaded for bear...grizzly bear! :twisted:

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:13 am

We certainly have a talented group at WR, who can run routes and catch the ball, and a couple guys who can stretch defenses.

But we do have that guy who can get big YAC? That is something we seem to have a hard time finding at MSU. Akpla was very good at it, especially in his senior year. Griebel can make people miss but he isn't going to take it to the house.

Who is the guy who can get a few blocks, make one or two guys miss and take it 60 yards for the TD? Roderick has the athletic ability to do this and the strength and he has shown he can get some YAC. Can he stay healthy, and can he prove he has the fire to be that guy?

I am hoping Brown just isn't a speed guy, but he is only listed at 180. Roderick has 2 inches and 25 lbs on Brown.

I think Herbert will have the ability to make guys miss an get some YAC but again he doesn't have the breakaway speed to stay out in front for long.

I'm not saying we absolutely need this type of player, but it is something we've lacked for a while. Akpla, Jefferson are the two guys I can think of who could do this.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:13 pm

Suddenly the guy I'm most interested in seeing play is Sullivan.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:17 pm

[cat_bracket] wrote:Suddenly the guy I'm most interested in seeing play is Sullivan.
Yeah reading what the coaches said about him was intriguing. It'd be cool to see him at WR blocking a corner back.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber