So... was Ioane visibly "the man" in Great Falls?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Counter Assault
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

So... was Ioane visibly "the man" in Great Falls?

Post by Counter Assault » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:58 pm

So can anyone up at that dinner or at the scrimmage opine on whether Ioane is the man, or are they showing them both off as "co-coordinators?"

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Re: So... was Ioane visibly "the man" in Great Falls?

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:35 pm

Counter Assault wrote:So can anyone up at that dinner or at the scrimmage opine on whether Ioane is the man, or are they showing them both off as "co-coordinators?"
Ioane, Cramsey and Ash came to meet Brian Urlacher at the Heritage Inn when Urlacher addressed the media.

Kane has broken down the team each practice, including an inspired one toward the end of Thursday's session.

Counter Assault
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Counter Assault » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:07 am

That sounds like pretty good confirmation to me.

WeedKillinCat
Member # Retired

Post by WeedKillinCat » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:53 am

I've noticed this spring that he is the guy that gets interviewed.....haven't seen much of Marshall....I hope Kane can get the troops fired up.

1993 Agronomy
If You Want To Get To Heaven-----You Gotta Raise A Little Hell

Common Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Common Cat » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:36 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Counter Assault wrote:So can anyone up at that dinner or at the scrimmage opine on whether Ioane is the man, or are they showing them both off as "co-coordinators?"
Ioane, Cramsey and Ash came to meet Brian Urlacher at the Heritage Inn when Urlacher addressed the media.

Kane has broken down the team each practice, including an inspired one toward the end of Thursday's session.
Do you notice a difference in the way the players are responding?

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:09 pm

According to Colter, the cornerbacks are playing press man. That's all the confirmation I need. Marshall would never do that.

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:15 am

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:According to Colter, the cornerbacks are playing press man. That's all the confirmation I need. Marshall would never do that.
lol yep.

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:25 am

Kane has been the man since he first set foot on campus. He'll get the D turned around and be the next head coach at MSU. He's Sonny Holland-esque.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:30 am

[cat_bracket] wrote:Kane has been the man since he first set foot on campus. He'll get the D turned around and be the next head coach at MSU. He's Sonny Holland-esque.
Great comparison but not close...

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:35 am

Cat Grad wrote:
[cat_bracket] wrote:Kane has been the man since he first set foot on campus. He'll get the D turned around and be the next head coach at MSU. He's Sonny Holland-esque.
Why not?
One was a four-time AA in FCS the other three-time NAIA.
Both have a great presence and persona.
I see a lot of similarities.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:49 am

[cat_bracket] wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
Why not?
Well, to begin with, two of the three National Championship trophies have Coach's footprint firmly implanted on them. Certainly Ioane has a great start at the legacy Coach has had at MSU since the 1950s, but...nope. Just no.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:23 am

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:According to Colter, the cornerbacks are playing press man. That's all the confirmation I need. Marshall would never do that.

Agree! I just hope this ends up being a good idea. Fingers crossed.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:22 am

Cat Grad wrote:
[cat_bracket] wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
Why not?
Well, to begin with, two of the three National Championship trophies have Coach's footprint firmly implanted on them. Certainly Ioane has a great start at the legacy Coach has had at MSU since the 1950s, but...nope. Just no.
So we agree.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:48 am

[cat_bracket] wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
[cat_bracket] wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
Why not?
So we agree.
Yes, Ioane has garnered a great deal of individual awards in his approximately 15 years at MSU. Hopefully he'll be afforded the opportunity to make his footprint on the MSU football last another 50 years as Coach has done. Time will tell what type of teacher, leader and mentor Ioane becomes.

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:15 pm

Cat Grad wrote:
[cat_bracket] wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
[cat_bracket] wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
Why not?
So we agree.
Yes, Ioane has garnered a great deal of individual awards in his approximately 15 years at MSU. Hopefully he'll be afforded the opportunity to make his footprint on the MSU football last another 50 years as Coach has done. Time will tell what type of teacher, leader and mentor Ioane becomes.
He "has a great start at the legacy Coach has had..." which makes him Holland-esque.

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:16 pm

[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:30 pm

[cat_bracket] wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
[cat_bracket] wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
[cat_bracket] wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
Why not?
So we agree.
He "has a great start at the legacy Coach has had..." which makes him Holland-esque.
This is his first year as a coordinator. Placing him on that pedestal before his defense has played a single game is more than a little premature in my estimation. Hopefully his teams perform to expectations in the future. Personally, I hope he has a great career and never leaves MSU and after 60 to 65 years we can all look back on his playing and coaching tenure in the same light we can look at Coaches today. There are many shining stars on that staff right now to include Cody Kempt. Look at how his receivers performed in the games last year...

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:49 pm

I just love the amount of ex-players we have on staff right now, guys that were on conference champ teams.

Ioane
Rider
Owens
Kempt

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:11 pm

Cat Grad wrote:
[cat_bracket] wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
[cat_bracket] wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
[cat_bracket] wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
Why not?
So we agree.
This is his first year as a coordinator. Placing him on that pedestal before his defense has played a single game is more than a little premature in my estimation. Hopefully his teams perform to expectations in the future. Personally, I hope he has a great career and never leaves MSU and after 60 to 65 years we can all look back on his playing and coaching tenure in the same light we can look at Coaches today. There are many shining stars on that staff right now to include Cody Kempt. Look at how his receivers performed in the games last year...
-esque: in the manner or style of : like<statuesque>

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:16 am

CelticCat wrote:I just love the amount of ex-players we have on staff right now, guys that were on conference champ teams.

Ioane
Rider
Owens
Kempt

But, were these guys any good? :coffee: