Live Bobcat?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Live Bobcat?

Post by HelenaCat95 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:33 am

MSU is considering a Live Bobcat on campus, and at events.

http://m.nbcmontana.com/news/msu-consid ... t/32213310

Personally, I love the idea. In fact, I think it would be great for the Bobcat (I would think caged) to lead the Cat Prowl.

What do you think?

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Re: Live Bobcat?

Post by Bozcat003 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:35 am

HelenaCat95 wrote:MSU is considering a Live Bobcat on campus, and at events.

Personally, I love the idea. In fact, I think it would be great for the Bobcat (I would think caged) to lead the Cat Prowl.

What do you think?
I mean . . . ok I like it . . . but a bobcat isn't much different than a house cat in size, interesting idea though

*edit*
Then again, Georgia has a live mascot and a bobcat is more cool than a bulldog so I'm all for this!

Cats15
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Cats15 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:02 am

I think it would be great to have a live Bobcat!...I am too young to remember the days when there was a live bobcat up on campus. I was told that it had a cage right in front of the football stadium.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:05 am

Bozcat003 wrote:

What do you think?
I mean . . . ok I like it . . . but a bobcat isn't much different than a house cat in size, interesting idea though

*edit*
Then again, Georgia has a live mascot and a bobcat is more cool than a bulldog so I'm all for this!
No! I really mean no! When I think of schools with this long tradition, I envision the Boomer Sooner, the Florida State Seminole Warrior, the Navy goat (insert academy joke here), the Army Caissons. But a relatively small cat? I mean, even Auburn with all their identity crisis has the Eagle for special football games...nope...

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:19 am

I think we should use a live bobcat for training purposes, if Gunnar Brekke or Justin Paige can outrun a live bobcat, they can surely outrun the average big sky conference defender

[youtube][/youtube]
Last edited by wbtfg on Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:24 am

wbtfg wrote:I think we should use a live bobcat for training purposes, if Gunnar Brekke or Justin Paige can outrun a live bobcat, they can surely outrun the average big sky conference defend

[youtube][/youtube]
Cmon boys...face the fear!

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:56 am

Sure bring in a live Bobcat for a mascot.

It could live in the inner courtyard of Langford Hall. Doc Survived, so will a Bobcat.

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

SACCAT
Member # Retired

Post by SACCAT » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:04 am

How bout this then...You know...in a cage.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:10 am

There used to be a cage over by where they built the new business building.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:40 am

Cat Grad wrote:
Bozcat003 wrote:

What do you think?

*edit*
No! I really mean no! When I think of schools with this long tradition, I envision the Boomer Sooner, the Florida State Seminole Warrior, the Navy goat (insert academy joke here), the Army Caissons. But a relatively small cat? I mean, even Auburn with all their identity crisis has the Eagle for special football games...nope...
I think of the Georgia bulldog ... which is about the same size as a bobcat.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:52 am

Bay Area Cat wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
Bozcat003 wrote:

What do you think?

*edit*
Okay. But only if you can train it to attack the opposing team coming onto the field like UGA III or IV did to the Auburn kid...
but I still say nope the more I ponder this point. Would you feed it whatever the foe is before the game? Maybe even let it kill an eagle before eating it???? Geezzz, remember how worked up we got when the Northern Arizona kid axed our field?

I just don't get too caught up in having to watch crap like Bevo parade around the field. Just my personal preference. Hell, we can't even fire the ROTC cannon with full charge so it sounds like a pop gun now.

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:54 am

I like the idea. It would be just one more cool element of Bobcat game days and campus life.

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:17 am

Bay Area Cat wrote:I like the idea. It would be just one more cool element of Bobcat game days and campus life.
I agree. Bobcats are a badass animal, small or not. Would be cool to see, kids will love it. I like the idea.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:23 am

Cat Grad wrote:
Bay Area Cat wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
Bozcat003 wrote:

What do you think?

*edit*
Okay. But only if you can train it to attack the opposing team coming onto the field like UGA III or IV did to the Auburn kid...
but I still say nope the more I ponder this point. Would you feed it whatever the foe is before the game? Maybe even let it kill an eagle before eating it???? Geezzz, remember how worked up we got when the Northern Arizona kid axed our field?

I just don't get too caught up in having to watch crap like Bevo parade around the field. Just my personal preference. Hell, we can't even fire the ROTC cannon with full charge so it sounds like a pop gun now.
Yea but think of Bevo with a Bobcat riding it with it's fangs an claws dug in. I kind of like your Eagle idea, can you get us some, or would we have to use a chicken?

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:08 pm

I like it just to piss off the PETA people.

lutecat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by lutecat » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:06 pm

Can we teach it to do this?

And can someone teach me to imbed youtube videos...... :oops:

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:17 pm

Cats15 wrote:I think it would be great to have a live Bobcat!...I am too young to remember the days when there was a live bobcat up on campus. I was told that it had a cage right in front of the football stadium.
I can remember seeing a Bobcat in a cage at a football game, probably late 60's or early 70's, I was pretty young, it definitely left an impression on me, it was pretty cool.

The fact that a Bobcat is relatively small is part of its appeal as a mascot. While not physically imposing, it is a fierce fighter and almost no animal, no matter how large wants to mess with one.

I am also in favor of it because it would likely piss off PETA

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:34 pm

I agree withe the PETA part!!!!!

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:58 pm

Not to take away any fun from hating on PETA, but I suspect they are far more concerned about the guy who is building the bobcat farm in Roy to breed Bobcats for their pelts than they would be over MSU keeping one bobcat and treating it like a king. All things considered, it would be a very happy bobcat at MSU.

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:23 pm

Bay Area Cat wrote:Not to take away any fun from hating on PETA, but I suspect they are far more concerned about the guy who is building the bobcat farm in Roy to breed Bobcats for their pelts than they would be over MSU keeping one bobcat and treating it like a king. All things considered, it would be a very happy bobcat at MSU.
Oh but it would be cruel to keep that thing locked up all the time when it could be free to roam the country otherwise. Clearly you've missed the PETA narrative.