MSU recruiting 2016

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Re: MSU recruiting 2016

Post by wbtfg » Fri May 08, 2015 9:56 am

I just saw on twitter that Grinde was offered by Yale. Congrats to him.....

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Fri May 08, 2015 10:23 am

wbtfg wrote:I just saw on twitter that Grinde was offered by Yale. Congrats to him.....
Like I've said, the Cats and Griz have thrown the kitchen sink at him....but there is a legit chance he goes Ivy league. Good luck to him on wherever he chooses because that school will be getting an excellent kid!

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Fri May 08, 2015 11:02 am

VimSince03 wrote:
wbtfg wrote:I just saw on twitter that Grinde was offered by Yale. Congrats to him.....
Like I've said, the Cats and Griz have thrown the kitchen sink at him....but there is a legit chance he goes Ivy league. Good luck to him on wherever he chooses because that school will be getting an excellent kid!
Amazing educational opportunity for him. The biggest negative about going to Yale would be living in New Haven, Connecticut. It sounds like Mr. Grinde has done of a great job of giving himself numerous opportunities beyond high school. Congrats, and good luck to him! I'd love to see him in the Blue and Gold playing in front of his family.....

lutecat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by lutecat » Sun May 10, 2015 7:55 am

Somethings are more important than football and the Cats. I will be disappointed if he doesn't take the opportunity for the education and go to Yale. Unless he just decides that academically it doesn't fit for him and what he wants to accomplish in his education.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Sun May 10, 2015 7:25 pm

lutecat wrote:Somethings are more important than football and the Cats. I will be disappointed if he doesn't take the opportunity for the education and go to Yale. Unless he just decides that academically it doesn't fit for him and what he wants to accomplish in his education.
I was going to post something similar to this. How exciting must it be to get an offer from Yale? What a life-changing opportunity for any high school student from Montana.

The thing I don't really understand about the Ivy League is that they don't offer athletic scholarships, yet are able to cover some costs with academic scholarships and grants? That seems like an exercise in semantics to me. I don't think Yale ever pays full tuition, books, and board for football players, do they?

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Thu May 14, 2015 4:45 pm

@BraytonJaneen: So proud, 1st offer to Montana State
BAHS '16 Matt Brayton#76 O line! http://t.co/Dro5lZDQdN

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu May 14, 2015 8:14 pm

There's a dude named James Gentile from Vegas who looks to be a lb recruit for next year. He retweets pretty much everything our coaches put out. Not sure if we've offered or if he's just really thirsty for a scholarship.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu May 14, 2015 8:40 pm

Jalen Starks a RB from Crespi Carmelite in CA was offered today.

[youtube][/youtube]

Marcus Moore a DE, also from Crespi, was offered.

[youtube][/youtube]

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Thu May 14, 2015 9:26 pm

Hawks86 wrote:Jalen Starks a RB from Crespi Carmelite in CA was offered today.

[youtube][/youtube]

Marcus Moore a DE, also from Crespi, was offered.

[youtube][/youtube]
Starks is 6-1, 240? As a junior RB? :shock:

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Fri May 15, 2015 12:52 pm

Brandon Smyth,MLB, Brandeis H.S. in San Antonio.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sat May 16, 2015 7:12 am

Hawks86 wrote:Brandon Smyth,MLB, Brandeis H.S. in San Antonio.

Carbon copy of Grant Collins.

toM StUber

BigBruceBaker

Post by BigBruceBaker » Sat May 16, 2015 8:32 am

He looks taller than 6'3 on his film.

He plays with a great motor, runs well, tackles pretty good.

He needs to gain probably 20-30 pounds.

I'm going out on a limb and I'll say this guy goes Mountain West or maybe partial to a Pac 12.

If love to have him on the team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sat May 16, 2015 9:27 am

BigBruceBaker wrote:

I'm going out on a limb and I'll say this guy goes Mountain West or maybe partial to a Pac 12.

Unless they changed the rule the PAC 12 will have to give a full. No partials in the FBS.

toM StUber

BigBruceBaker

Post by BigBruceBaker » Sat May 16, 2015 9:47 am

TomCat88 wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:

Unless they changed the rule the PAC 12 will have to give a full. No partials in the FBS.
Didn't know that Tom, thanks for the info.

Do they do anything with books or smaller? Or is it just straight walk ons and full rides?

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sat May 16, 2015 10:25 am

BigBruceBaker wrote:
Didn't know that Tom, thanks for the info.

Do they do anything with books or smaller? Or is it just straight walk ons and full rides?

It's all or nothing in FBS.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Wed May 20, 2015 11:51 am

Devonte Cross,Parkland,PA,QB

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1763524/devante-cross

Edward Vander,J Serra Catholic,CA,ath.

Hank Hughes,Pearce,TX,QB

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2603465/hank-hughes

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Wed May 20, 2015 1:10 pm

DAMN!! If we land either of those two qbs it will be a good day.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu May 28, 2015 4:30 pm

a few new offers

John Okwoli,North Canyon,AZ,WR
David Viena-Falo,Madison,CA,G-DT
Taylor Tuiasosopo,Paraclete,CA,OL

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:32 pm

Mark Wahlberg tweets congratulatory message to Jesuit's Jordan Happle

http://www.oregonlive.com/recruiting/in ... cart_river
Jesuit athlete Jordan Happle may still be an under-the-radar prospect in the class of 2016, but his on-field performance last fall garnered social media attention from A-list celebrity actor Mark Wahlberg on Thursday.

After Happle was named a finalist for the Oregon Sports Awards Prep Football Player of the Year, Wahlberg tweeted a congratulatory message to the Jesuit two-way football standout:

Mark WahlbergVerified account
‏@mark_wahlberg
Congratulations! Jordan Happle Saunders has been selected as a finalist for the Prep Football Player of the Year Award.
"My dad's job is sports marketing, so he's become friends with him," Happle explained. "I didn't even see it until a friend texted it to me. I don't have social media or anything. It was nice of him."

Perhaps more surprising than Wahlberg taking notice is the fact that so many college programs haven't.

Last season, Happle was named Metro Defensive Player of the Year and also hauled in 74 catches for 1,416 yards and 15 touchdowns as a wide receiver.

Despite that staggering performance, the 6-foot-1, 180-pound athlete's lone offer comes from Montana State.

While Happle is grateful for the Bobcats' offer, the lack of recruiting interest has been discouraging.

"It's definitely frustrating at times, but my time will come sooner or later," he explained. "I've just got to be patient for now. There's not that much I can do about it."

It's difficult to gauge what percentage of Wahlberg fans are also college football coaches, but the tweet to the celebrity's 2.47-million followers can't be a bad thing for the most underrated player in the state.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:32 am

PapaG wrote:Mark Wahlberg tweets congratulatory message to Jesuit's Jordan Happle

http://www.oregonlive.com/recruiting/in ... cart_river
Jesuit athlete Jordan Happle may still be an under-the-radar prospect in the class of 2016, but his on-field performance last fall garnered social media attention from A-list celebrity actor Mark Wahlberg on Thursday.

After Happle was named a finalist for the Oregon Sports Awards Prep Football Player of the Year, Wahlberg tweeted a congratulatory message to the Jesuit two-way football standout:

Mark WahlbergVerified account
‏@mark_wahlberg
Congratulations! Jordan Happle Saunders has been selected as a finalist for the Prep Football Player of the Year Award.
"My dad's job is sports marketing, so he's become friends with him," Happle explained. "I didn't even see it until a friend texted it to me. I don't have social media or anything. It was nice of him."

Perhaps more surprising than Wahlberg taking notice is the fact that so many college programs haven't.

Last season, Happle was named Metro Defensive Player of the Year and also hauled in 74 catches for 1,416 yards and 15 touchdowns as a wide receiver.

Despite that staggering performance, the 6-foot-1, 180-pound athlete's lone offer comes from Montana State.

While Happle is grateful for the Bobcats' offer, the lack of recruiting interest has been discouraging.

"It's definitely frustrating at times, but my time will come sooner or later," he explained. "I've just got to be patient for now. There's not that much I can do about it."

It's difficult to gauge what percentage of Wahlberg fans are also college football coaches, but the tweet to the celebrity's 2.47-million followers can't be a bad thing for the most underrated player in the state.
Like anyone he's striving to go to a bigger division, but I believe the fact that we're on him first means he'll give us the inside edge if it's close. Even if he goes PAC-12 he would reconsider us if things don't pan out.