A good sign

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

JDoub
Member # Retired

A good sign

Post by JDoub » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:42 pm

I don't know Anthony Knight, all I know of him is what I saw on the field. But it seems on this board he has a reputation for maybe not reaching his full potential, or maybe not having the best attitude.

But I take Ash's quote as a really good sign:
from http://www.msubobcats.com/news/2015/3/2 ... 51843.aspx

"Anthony Knight is in great shape, he's in much better physical condition than a year ago."

I think he sits at #7 all-time Bobcat history for most rushing TD's on one season. And that's while sharing short-yardage duty with Newell. I think they're both studs inside and would hate to face either of them in the hole!

But for a guy who maybe has that reputation, to come into spring ball in "much better physical condition" to me reflects an improved attitude, a hunger for more. I sure hope that is the case. God help opposing defenses if we have two beasts hungry for the goal line next fall, with all the other offensive weapons we have.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Re: A good sign

Post by CelticCat » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:44 pm

I read that too and forgot to comment on it. That can only help him and his team. There is a lot of competition at running back and it is good to see Knight taking that seriously (not saying he didn't before).

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

Doc3kgt
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Doc3kgt » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:37 pm

There is definitely a lot to be excited for this season! Wish it was September already.

codecat
Member # Retired

Post by codecat » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:04 pm

Do agree with your title JDoub, it is at least a good indicator of some applied discipline that is showing results.

London Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down, London Bridge is falling down, Bye-Bye Fauci!

Darth Yoda
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Darth Yoda » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:51 pm

I really believe we are a much better football team with Knight. I remember watching the RB position group warm up last year before a scrimmage and that's when it hit me how good he is. Pitre was conducting a fairly basic agility drill where they move in space through some cones and button hook to catch a ball that was already in the air before they turned, and I remember Pitre at the top of his lungs announcing that Knight was the only guy doing it right. He made him run it again so everyone could see how it was done. I remember how obvious it was to see how smooth and fluid yet deliberate the kid was moving. He's a great player and if his attitude and work ethic are squared away, he could easily be the single season record holder for TDs next year.