Striking defensive backs highlight first MSU spring scrimmag

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Re: Striking defensive backs highlight first MSU spring scri

Post by CatBlitz » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:49 pm

desmond1957 wrote:Being a Bozemanite I may be a bit biased but after watching a few practices and talking to others I'm beginning to feel the most underrated recruit of all is former Bozeman Hawk D'Agostino at wideout . Since walking on the kid has grown a ton and has really added on some speed, he always had great hands and with the added height and length of stride he's showing this kid looks like he may be the biggest sleeper on the roster. Don't be surprised if he moves into the top three receivers by the start of the fall season, he's already getting a rep among the secondary as being one of the hardest guys to cover on the team. By the way, no I am not related, just a long-time Cat watcher!
I've said it many times before but I agree. He impressed me almost more than anyone last August and I expect the same this year.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

JDoub
Member # Retired

Post by JDoub » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:38 pm

CatBlitz wrote:
desmond1957 wrote:Being a Bozemanite I may be a bit biased but after watching a few practices and talking to others I'm beginning to feel the most underrated recruit of all is former Bozeman Hawk D'Agostino at wideout . Since walking on the kid has grown a ton and has really added on some speed, he always had great hands and with the added height and length of stride he's showing this kid looks like he may be the biggest sleeper on the roster. Don't be surprised if he moves into the top three receivers by the start of the fall season, he's already getting a rep among the secondary as being one of the hardest guys to cover on the team. By the way, no I am not related, just a long-time Cat watcher!
I've said it many times before but I agree. He impressed me almost more than anyone last August and I expect the same this year.
good to hear, and doesn't surprise me -- maybe the D'Agostino's are late bloomers

I remember when DOG (Mark D'Agostino) came in at 6'1" 175/180# and during his redshirt FR/SO year he grew to something like 6'3" 235, went from like a 4.8 to 4.6 and hit like a load of concrete (pun intended)! He developed in his first two years out of Bozeman High to become a all conference LB. He had great hands too.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:44 pm

If he's improved over last fall that's saying something, because he looked good (aggressive) then.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:17 pm

Colter tweeted that Flowers said D'Agostino was the hardest guy to cover in practice.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:26 pm

CelticCat wrote:Colter tweeted that Flowers said D'Agostino was the hardest guy to cover in practice.
Did he return kicks/punts in high school? I'd like to see him get a shot at that. Reminds me of Mariani in build and guts, moves. Probably not as fast.