Sandland, Brown making waves at spring ball already

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Sandland, Brown making waves at spring ball already

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:06 pm

FBS transfers from Miami, Baylor look like new weapons in already prolific offense.Read the Full Article on BobcatNation

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Re: Sandland, Brown making waves at spring ball already

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:15 pm

I think I accidentally made that one free. If so, enjoy. And if you like it and aren't a subscriber, please considering doing so.

CatsandCanesNation
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by CatsandCanesNation » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:41 am

I am a subscriber. Just renewe again yesterday. Can't open article?

bcatfan1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by bcatfan1 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:31 am

Kept forgetting to renew my subscription, but you reminded me with the freebie ....done now! Great article.

Some people are a lot like slinkies....... Not really good for much, but it puts a smile on your face to watch them fall down a set of stairs.

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:09 am

Sounds like Brown might make a push for the slot position. Will there be an informal scrimmage before the Triangle?

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:12 am

[cat_bracket] wrote:Sounds like Brown might make a push for the slot position. Will there be an informal scrimmage before the Triangle?
Colter said from 11-1 this Saturday, the Cats will have an informal scrimmage. Saw it on his twitter feed.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:21 am

They get three full scrimmages and three half-scrimmages. Sat. is considered a half and will be about 40 plays.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:09 am

[cat_bracket] wrote:Sounds like Brown might make a push for the slot position. Will there be an informal scrimmage before the Triangle?
Brown worked in at the slot yesterday but he will be primarily a Z with Justin Paige and Tanner Roderick. MSU has a log jam at the slot with Mitch Griebel, Jayshawn Gates and the recent emergence of John D'Agostino. Also, Conner Sullivan took some first-team reps after Griebel left for class yesterday.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:38 am

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Brown worked in at the slot yesterday but he will be primarily a Z with Justin Paige and Tanner Roderick. MSU has a log jam at the slot with Mitch Griebel, Jayshawn Gates and the recent emergence of John D'Agostino. Also, Conner Sullivan took some first-team reps after Griebel left for class yesterday.
So... parently from what I'm seeing here we're going to be pretty damn good at the receiver position. :-^

And QB, and tight end, and RB, and O Line. :suds:

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:07 pm

catatac wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
So... parently from what I'm seeing here we're going to be pretty damn good at the receiver position. :-^

Our only weak spot on Offense last year was WR. That looks fixed so the sky is the limit for this offense. Finally not just a second but a third year from the same O-coordinator and Prokup took his first snaps last year. How much better will he be with a year under his belt. Now, about that defense.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:20 pm

gtapp wrote:
catatac wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:

Our only weak spot on Offense last year was WR. That looks fixed so the sky is the limit for this offense. Finally not just a second but a third year from the same O-coordinator and Prokup took his first snaps last year. How much better will he be with a year under his belt. Now, about that defense.
Yep. I don't know that I'd call our receiver position weak last year, but I agree they were weaker than everywhere else on offense. You don't see the type of record setting offensive production we had last year if your receivers are weak. Also, agree about the defense, and I am 99.99% convinced we'll have a vastly improved defense in 2015.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

onceacat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by onceacat » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:03 pm

catatac wrote:
gtapp wrote:
catatac wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:

Yep. I don't know that I'd call our receiver position weak last year, but I agree they were weaker than everywhere else on offense. You don't see the type of record setting offensive production we had last year if your receivers are weak. Also, agree about the defense, and I am 99.99% convinced we'll have a vastly improved defense in 2015.
Our D will be vastly improved because VA, Saffron, and Arias graduated. And because ASU is off the schedule. And we are playing East Tennessee instead of UCA.

Also, we should have a MUCH better pass rush and healthy and deep LBs.

BigBruceBaker

Post by BigBruceBaker » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:10 pm

I agree. I'm still pretty worried about our CB's.

Sandland and Brown are acting the part, I am definitely not worried much about our Offense.

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:16 pm

I'm betting money that Bryce Alley will be our best corner.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

BigBruceBaker

Post by BigBruceBaker » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:20 pm

CatBlitz wrote:I'm betting money that Bryce Alley will be our best corner.
I honestly thought Keeton was going to give us a huge lift. I hope he has a great spring and shows that he is the man.

Not doubting your alley comment as I get the feeling he will be starting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

codecat
Member # Retired

Post by codecat » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:13 pm

catatac wrote:
gtapp wrote:
catatac wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:

Agreed, it sometimes seems they were weak but what a lot of it was, was attrition by injury (much like the DE and LB postions the past few yeras)...as follows:
02.19.14...Kurt Davis (left the program)
09.13.14...Manny Kalfell - out for season
09.20.14....Brian Flotkoetter - out for season
08.06.14...David Dash - out for season
08.06.14...Brandon Davis/converted to slot - out for season

London Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down, London Bridge is falling down, Bye-Bye Fauci!

bobcatbob
Member # Retired

Post by bobcatbob » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:48 pm

The CB position will be just fine. We have some really good young guys stepping up this year. Bryce Alley will be excellent. Not worried. The defense as a whole will be vastly improved. The transfers will make a huge difference.

FTG247365
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by FTG247365 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:22 pm

gtapp wrote:
catatac wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:

The crazy thing about last year Dakota threw over 3,000 yards, but the ball was evenly thrown to several receivers. Correct me if I'm wrong but we didn't have any receivers in the top 10 of the conference, or close to it. But Dakota was in the top 3 for yards thrown. Meaning he had great targets all over the field. I guessing this year will be similar, but more passing yards.

CatsandCanesNation
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by CatsandCanesNation » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:04 am

There is no way our WR were a weak spot last year. We had 3 freshman step in and play a huge role after lots of injuries to vetern players. All 3 of those kids were playmakers, making big catches and blowing away defenders with their speed. Our offense is so loaded at every position I can't contain my excitement. I cannot imagine what goes through Cramsey's mind with all these weapons at his disposal. Dang this season can't get here soon enough. I would be stunned if we are not National champs in 2016!! Write it down!!