Bobcat Beat spring ball budget

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Bobcat Beat spring ball budget

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:31 pm

If you're reading this, you either subscribe to Bobcat Beat or you've thought about it. This is my shameless lobbying to get you to please subscribe so we can survive!

Spring practices begin today. There will be 12 practices and three scrimmages, each of which I'll be attending. ALL content this spring will be premium so if you want to read the coverage, PLEASE subscribe. With Brooks and his wife moving to town, we are now trying to support a family with this business venture and we are struggling since football ended.

Things you can expect with a Bobcat Beat subscription over the next three months:

- Daily practice reports flush with injury news, position battles and other key story lines. We will also have photos every day that Brooks can get away from his other job, which should be almost every day.

- Weekly features about interesting stories that pop up

- Profiles on the transfers who have arrived on campus

- At least two podcasts a week breaking down the team and discussing things both in Bozeman and around the Big Sky

- For those that have been subscribers, you know that I do an off-season series of very long interviews with each of the 10 assistant coaches. It's a much looser interview format and they more often times than not are hilarious. I have already caught up with Tim Cramsey, Michael Pitre, Kane Ioane and Jason McEndoo (farewell interview). I will have full transcripts of those along with the full audio each day that is a "off" day for the Bobcats during spring ball. I will talk to Daniel DaPrato and Michael Rider later on this week. Still trying to find a time that works for Bo Beck, Jamie Marshall and Cody Kempt.

- During this time, I will also have my annual coaching contracts series, long form end of the season interviews with Brian Fish and Tricia Binford and a look forward to outdoor track.

For Bobcat Beat to be what it can be, I have to be compensated for the time I put into it. That means this is all up to you guys. If you like what you read, tell your friends. I'm looking forward to spring ball and I hope to bring you content like you've never seen before.

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Re: Bobcat Beat spring ball budget

Post by HelenaCat95 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:43 pm

If you haven't subscribed, DO IT. Colter is our eyes and ears for everything Bobcat related, and really excels when it comes to football coverage and analysis.

My strongest endorsement.

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:45 pm

I'm guilty of not continuing my subscription. I let some of the negative posts get under my skin last fall and took a hiatus. I'll renew this week. Appreciate your hard work Colter.

blueandgoldblitz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:47 pm

I'm already a subscriber, but after reading that, I want to subscribe again!

bobcatbob
Member # Retired

Post by bobcatbob » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:52 pm

I have subscribed on a monthly basis since day one. It has been well worth the $8.00 per month. I hope you all subscribe. He does an excellent job and we are fortunate to have him.

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:10 pm

I've been a yearly subscriber since the beginning. It's the best $80 I spend annually!

2024 Resume dominance

asstastic
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by asstastic » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:53 pm

Bump

Punchin Griz fans in the mouth since 2002 [-o<

#RTD

19-4-0

trackcat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by trackcat » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:26 pm

I have also subscribed since day one and agree that he does an excellent job of covering Bobcat Sports. I used to scan about 4 Montana papers to find little of interest and now find that Bobcat Beat keeps me well informed on Bobcat Sports not just Football. Its cheap and saves time.

Mr Lisle
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Mr Lisle » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:23 pm

Coulter...let's just say there's some bastard here 8-[ who hasn't subscribed. We all know we come here to BN from different angles and different stages of life, but all are Bobcats-to-the-bone. So if you can't subscribe, then you can't. But if you can subscribe and don't, then you need to pull out your VIM dipstick and take a reading. Coulter offers a level of insight and competence rarely seen on a fan website.
So, Coulter, if someone 8-[ would like to sign up, he or she, needs some direction. How do you get to Bobcat Beat?
Last edited by Mr Lisle on Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:24 pm

*Colter

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Post by coachouert » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:32 pm

Mr Lisle wrote:Coulter...let's just say there's some bastard here 8-[ who hasn't subscribed. We all know we come here to BN from different angles and different stages of life, but all are Bobcats-to-the-bone. So if you can't subscribe, then you can't. But if you can subscribe and don't, then you need to pull out your VIM dipstick and take a reading. Coulter offers a level of insight and competence rarely seen on a fan website.
So, Coulter, if someone 8-[ would like to sign up, he or she, needs some direction. How do you get to Bobcat Beat?
COLTER sans the U, would probably point someone to http://bobcatnation.com/subscribe to subscribe there.

http://bobcatnation.com/subscribe

Just in case someone missed it.

Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

lutecat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by lutecat » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:53 pm

How bout a Facebook post that we can all share and a tweet that we can all retweet? I didn't realize it was $8 a month. I will subscribe when I get a chance.

Common Cat

Post by Common Cat » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:09 pm

Should bump it up to 10 dollars a month...well worth it. Good job, Colter.

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

falconcat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by falconcat » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:28 pm

$ well spent. Got to appreciate Colter and his research and knowledge. :!: " Try it you'll like it" :yes:

lutecat

Post by lutecat » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:07 am

Question....if I do the monthly subscription, do I have to renew every month or is it a continuing monthly charge until I decide to cancel? I would prefer to do a monthly subscription recurring, heck even if I decided to do the yearly, it would be nice to have it happen automatically. My guess is you would make more money that way. If a guy forgets for a couple months after his subscription is up, that's money you could've been pocketing. Multiply that by 10, 20 people and that's a couple tanks of gas for you, Colter. Also, for 8 bucks, a lot of people probably wouldn't take the time to cancel their subscription for the non-football months. Where as apathy for other sports probably causes some to not bother doing a subscription for the non-football months. More convenient for us that way, more money for you that way.

cadicat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by cadicat » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:00 am

If you've never subscribed, do it. If you've subscribed but it has expired, renew. Colter does a great job of covering Bobcat football and the subscription is cheap. If you're truly a Cat football fan then subscribing is a no brainer. Colter needs to make a living at this or we're going to lose him. Then we would have to rely on the Chronicle again....oh my would that be a horrible step down. So, bottom line is-SUBSCRIBE!!!

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:04 am

lutecat wrote:Question....if I do the monthly subscription, do I have to renew every month or is it a continuing monthly charge until I decide to cancel? I would prefer to do a monthly subscription recurring, heck even if I decided to do the yearly, it would be nice to have it happen automatically. My guess is you would make more money that way. If a guy forgets for a couple months after his subscription is up, that's money you could've been pocketing. Multiply that by 10, 20 people and that's a couple tanks of gas for you, Colter. Also, for 8 bucks, a lot of people probably wouldn't take the time to cancel their subscription for the non-football months. Where as apathy for other sports probably causes some to not bother doing a subscription for the non-football months. More convenient for us that way, more money for you that way.
I re-up every month. It's not a big deal, I think it generally takes about 2 minutes through paypal.

Bobcat Sig

Post by Bobcat Sig » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:00 pm

I re-upped for another year. Worth it.

griz fans; keeping it classy and gracious in winning since ... well, never.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:10 pm

Bobcat Sig wrote:I re-upped for another year. Worth it.
I just re upped for a couple months, and will again when expires. It's not like I don't want to do a year at a time, but I don't feel like explaining to my wife the $80 hit on the credit card (You're buying premium content for what?) :lol: ... $16 is much easier. Apparently I stopped being a man somewhere along the way.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:39 pm

catatac wrote:
Bobcat Sig wrote:I re-upped for another year. Worth it.
I just re upped for a couple months, and will again when expires. It's not like I don't want to do a year at a time, but I don't feel like explaining to my wife the $80 hit on the credit card (You're buying premium content for what?) :lol: ... $16 is much easier. Apparently I stopped being a man somewhere along the way.
Whar's worse than being than being pu$$y-whipped?

:-k not! :-k

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic