Montana State Pro Day

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

ImagineSanta
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Montana State Pro Day

Post by ImagineSanta » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:14 pm

tampa_griz wrote:Very eGrizzy in here. Nice work everyone.
Indeed. I love how observing from the stands equates to the ability to quantify how much someone is trying/giving.

I think you don't get it. Sleeping in until 6 won't get many people very far in life, especially if they want to play on Sunday.
-Cat Grad

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:40 pm

Ugh - what a mess this thread has turned into. Though I did like the comment about putting down the shovel. Unfortunately, that advice was ignored.

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:42 pm

grizzh8r wrote:Ugh - what a mess this thread has turned into. Though I did like the comment about putting down the shovel. Unfortunately, that advice was ignored.

I started the thread to just give a shout out to the pro day. No one commented on it for a few days. And then I woke up one morning and....(see above).

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:06 pm

Good thing we don't have any Curt Schilling kids here. \:D/

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:09 pm

I watch Johnson's highlight tapes are realize just how great he was for MSU. If he can run a sub-4.5 40, I could see him getting a shot at an NFL mini-camp, at the very least, just so coaches can see how that speed would translate to the NFL level.

Singleton's size may not make him an every down NFL LB, but I could see him becoming a very good special teams player, if he lands in the right camp. Practice squad material, at the very least.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

Hi-Line Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:14 pm

PapaG wrote:I watch Johnson's highlight tapes are realize just how great he was for MSU. If he can run a sub-4.5 40, I could see him getting a shot at an NFL mini-camp, at the very least, just so coaches can see how that speed would translate to the NFL level.

Singleton's size may not make him an every down NFL LB, but I could see him becoming a very good special teams player, if he lands in the right camp. Practice squad material, at the very least.
I don't think Singleton gets enough credit for his physical strength and tackling technique either. That game against Cal Poly he stoned their two running backs in the holes on multiple occasions. I think his nose for the ball and overlooked power should get him a look at a camp. Agree on Johnson too, I can't imagine him not at getting a chance to return the ball in the pre-season a few times.

If your left, you aren’t right.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:18 pm

I believe Na'a has the best chance of all our seniors...

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:25 pm

Cat Grad wrote:I believe Na'a has the best chance of all our seniors...
I respectively disagree. Alex has the NFL body and explosiveness. Na'a lost a step with his injuries. Don't forget about Tiai Salanoa either. He is on the radar.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

GoCats18

Post by GoCats18 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:11 pm

I do find it funny to that most of you called for Marshall's death after this season. This same guy that produced to BB award winners and had several seasons with top defenses in the Big Sky. Well, a coach is usually only as good as his players on the field. Not just Na'a, there were serval people that didn't play like we expected them too. Maybe that is why this is so hard. Maybe it is that we all expected another top defense and were in the end left with much to be desired. I think Na'a is a good player and before his injury, the kid was a beast. I understand he played injuried, but like I said, maybe that is when you tell the coach, hey I can't go like I used to, give me a break every few plays or don't come back until you are 90% health. I think he came back to early, and maybe did something early on that made him think it isn't worrh it to risk injury again. That's all I am saying.

Punters are people too!!

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:23 pm

GoCats18 wrote:I do find it funny to that most of you called for Marshall's death after this season. This same guy that produced to BB award winners and had several seasons with top defenses in the Big Sky. Well, a coach is usually only as good as his players on the field. Not just Na'a, there were serval people that didn't play like we expected them too. Maybe that is why this is so hard. Maybe it is that we all expected another top defense and were in the end left with much to be desired. I think Na'a is a good player and before his injury, the kid was a beast. I understand he played injuried, but like I said, maybe that is when you tell the coach, hey I can't go like I used to, give me a break every few plays or don't come back until you are 90% health. I think he came back to early, and maybe did something early on that made him think it isn't worrh it to risk injury again. That's all I am saying.
Feel the same way.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:31 pm

GoCats18 wrote:I do find it funny to that most of you called for Marshall's death after this season.
I thought strawman arguments weren't allowed on this board anymore. I didn't read a single poster here calling for Marshall's death, and only a small majority even called for his job.

Anyhow, back to the topic of the thread, I hope. Do we know yet who is going to participate at Pro Day?

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:58 pm

Time to clean up this thread boys

[img]http://c3.q-assets.com/images/products/ ... 005_1z.jpg[/img]

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:21 pm

[quote="LongTimeCatFan"

Haven't you enjoyed all the name calling and condensation and indignation some have displayed in their posts? I'll see if I can set somebody off again: I think Na'a has the best chance of getting a shot at the NFL of all the Bobcat seniors...

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:40 pm

Cat Grad wrote:[quote="LongTimeCatFan"

Haven't you enjoyed all the name calling and condensation and indignation some have displayed in their posts? I'll see if I can set somebody off again: I think Na'a has the best chance of getting a shot at the NFL of all the Bobcat seniors...
I tried going this route earlier. I think that Singleton will have the best shot with Salanoa as a dark horse. Why do you feel Na'a has the best shot? I think Singelton can make it because of his flexibility (where he can play; outside or inside linebacker), his tackling ability, and his ability to read a play. I think Tiai has a shot because of his blocking ability and soft hands. Would like to here why you think Na'a has the best shot, for discussion purposes.

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:48 pm

VimSince03 wrote:My prediction: Alex Singleton, Shawn Johnson, Tiai Salanoa, Quinn Catalano, Eryon Barnett, and Na'a Moeakiola.

The ones with a legit shot in my mind: Singleton, Johnson, Salanoa
Just a ? on topic then we can go back to the dumpster fire... but I Thought Shawn John already signed in the CFL, doesn't that make him ineligible for the draft?

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:17 pm

luckyirishguy25 wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:My prediction: Alex Singleton, Shawn Johnson, Tiai Salanoa, Quinn Catalano, Eryon Barnett, and Na'a Moeakiola.

The ones with a legit shot in my mind: Singleton, Johnson, Salanoa
Just a ? on topic then we can go back to the dumpster fire... but I Thought Shawn John already signed in the CFL, doesn't that make him ineligible for the draft?
no

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:39 pm

Cat Grad wrote:Haven't you enjoyed all the name calling and condensation and indignation some have displayed in their posts? I'll see if I can set somebody off again: I think Na'a has the best chance of getting a shot at the NFL of all the Bobcat seniors...
I disagree. I think Alex Singleton has the right traits for an ILB in some 3-4 systems and an OLB in any 4-3 system. He might be Sam-only if the DC is really dedicated to running the Tampa 2 on every down. He could maybe even be developed into a 4-3 MLB on a team that isn't strictly Tampa-2. I'd actually be a little surprised if he doesn't at least get picked up as an undrafted FA. I would not be surprised at all if he gets drafted. He's the guy in this class that I could see as an NFL starter someday.

Second would be Johnson. If he runs a good 40, he'll probably go to training camp. It seems like every team brings in at least one little undrafted kick returner just to see if they can get something for nothing in that role. He's not the kind of player teams draft, but at the same time, teams seem more willing to keep undrafted guys as returners than in other roles. Long term, he could be a change-of-pace back or a slot receiver in the NFL.

I think Tiai and Catalano have a slight chance. Not every team feels like they need to draft blocking TEs or FBs to get them, and I think Salanoa could play either position. Of course, fewer teams are using blocking TEs and FBs these days. Catalano can play every position, which is a really valuable trait for a their #6 and #7 linemen, but it's an uphill climb for any 290ish guy from the Big Sky to make an NFL roster.

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:55 pm

tampa_griz wrote:Very eGrizzy in here. Nice work everyone.
it's incredible. #-o

GoCats18

Post by GoCats18 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:58 am

Wasn't there talk of Flowers being looked at by the pros? I would think him and Singleton would be the 2 top guys being looked at.

Punters are people too!!

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:35 am

GoCats18 wrote:Wasn't there talk of Flowers being looked at by the pros? I would think him and Singleton would be the 2 top guys being looked at.
The NFL did have some interest in Flowers. I could project him as a slot corner there.

Flowers isn't interested in the NFL, though.

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers