Montana State Pro Day

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Re: Montana State Pro Day

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:35 pm

Rugerboy14 wrote:Anyone have an idea why Salanoa didn't give it a shot?
Talked to him today. He said his body couldn't take it any more.

gocats
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by gocats » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:45 pm

I think I need to change my screen name so I'm not associated with gocats18.

Alcohol doesn't make you fat, it makes you lean.... on chairs, tables and random ugly people....

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:54 pm

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:53 pm

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:I think Alex Singleton has the right traits for an ILB in some 3-4 systems and an OLB in any 4-3 system. He could maybe even be developed into a 4-3 MLB on a team that isn't strictly Tampa-2.
Hawks86 wrote:http://ngscsports.com/2015/03/17/single ... e-pro-day/
One scout even said that “He played outside in college but when he is on a NFL roster he could play in the middle.”
Ahem.

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:13 am

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:I think Alex Singleton has the right traits for an ILB in some 3-4 systems and an OLB in any 4-3 system. He could maybe even be developed into a 4-3 MLB on a team that isn't strictly Tampa-2.
Hawks86 wrote:http://ngscsports.com/2015/03/17/single ... e-pro-day/
One scout even said that “He played outside in college but when he is on a NFL roster he could play in the middle.”
Ahem.

Pretty impressive in that the scouts are saying there's a chance for Singleton to go in the 6th-7th round of the draft. Nice job Alex!

rollo_tumasi
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by rollo_tumasi » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:59 am

Looks like the 49ers could use some linebackers...

I swear, it's like I'm playin' cards with my brother's kids or somethin'. You nerve-wrackin' sons-a-bitches.'

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:22 pm

Slightly off topic, but Boise had their pro day today with Matt Miller coming off a season ending ankle injury. Sounds like he jumped 34" and 9'6" and ran in mid/high 4.6 range.

It will be interesting to see if he goes in the draft.

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:31 pm

wbtfg wrote:Slightly off topic, but Boise had their pro day today with Matt Miller coming off a season ending ankle injury. Sounds like he jumped 34" and 9'6" and ran in mid/high 4.6 range.

I thought that ankle was supposed to be a career-ending injury. If he comes back and plays in the league, that would be really impressive.

We all know how I feel workouts in shorts, but no team wants a WR who runs in the mid-high 4.6s. If Miller gets drafted, it will be by a team that doesn't think his ankle injury is going to have permanent consequences, but does think it affected his combine performance.

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

Darth Yoda
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Darth Yoda » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:42 pm

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
wbtfg wrote:Slightly off topic, but Boise had their pro day today with Matt Miller coming off a season ending ankle injury. Sounds like he jumped 34" and 9'6" and ran in mid/high 4.6 range.

I thought that ankle was supposed to be a career-ending injury. If he comes back and plays in the league, that would be really impressive.

We all know how I feel workouts in shorts, but no team wants a WR who runs in the mid-high 4.6s. If Miller gets drafted, it will be by a team that doesn't think his ankle injury is going to have permanent consequences, but does think it affected his combine performance.
I'm not predicting Matt gets drafted but he's been faster than 4.6 since his sophomore year in HS. I feel bad for the kid actually.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:52 pm

Jerry Rice ran a 4.6.....just sayin :shrug:

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

geogfather
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by geogfather » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:31 pm

VimSince03 wrote:Jerry Rice ran a 4.6.....just sayin :shrug:
Yeah and they clearly have the same skill set.

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:13 pm

Yeah, 30 years ago. Back then then there were some corners who ran 4.6 too. Now there aren't any. And Rice's time was considered slow even then.

Not that I think it matters, but NFL teams do. If they didn't, nobody would have heard of Darius Heyward-Bey.

-Trent King, Playmakers

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:39 pm

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
Yeah, 30 years ago. Back then then there were some corners who ran 4.6 too. Now there aren't any. And Rice's time was considered slow even then.

Not that I think it matters, but NFL teams do. If they didn't, nobody would have heard of Darius Heyward-Bey.
I was being sarcastic. But I did do a little research on combine results from 2010-2015. Plenty of good corners and wide receivers who are now productive in the league ran high 4.5 to mid 4.6. Regardless, Miller was faster and lost a step so that will hurt him. Singleton's 4.63 was huge in my opinion.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."