NATIONAL SIGNING DAY: ATH Keegan Bray

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

NATIONAL SIGNING DAY: ATH Keegan Bray

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:05 pm

Spokane product is late commit to Montana State as a preferred walk-on.Read the Full Article on BobcatNation

cat-o-nine
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: NATIONAL SIGNING DAY: ATH Keegan Bray

Post by cat-o-nine » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:13 pm

Not 100% sure, but I think we may have just turned a gritz family to blue and gold with this one. Great parents and congratulations to them and Keegan! Welcome to the family!

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:44 pm

I didn't realize that this guy was a 4A 2nd team all state tight end in Washington. Also first team all-Greater Spokane League both ways at DE and TE. Those are some good accolades. He came in late, so there wasn't much message board chatter about him.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:20 pm

I just watched his highlight film. It's obviously a highlight film, so you're not seeing everything, but here's what I did see:

On offense, he seems to have an instinct for finding open space. He runs through contact. They didn't show a lot of plays where he blocked, but when they did show it he was strong and aggressive. Without knowing the guy it's hard to be sure, but it sure looks like he has a mean streak as a blocker.

On defense, he flashes the ability to stick with his assignment and be in the right position to make a play. He does get fooled sometimes, but a lot of times a guy is tagged "ATH" because his talent is way ahead of his knowledge and technique at any one position. That gap isn't as pronounced here. If he ends up on defense, he will have to work on his hand usage, which is inconsistent. He uses his hands, but a guy his size in college has to use them better. That's why they have coaches.

If I was the one making the decision, and I had to decide right now, I'd probably put him on offense as a successor to the Tray Robinson/Chad Newell do-anything role, but I could see him being a pretty good linebacker, too. I bet Cramsey and Ioane are fighting over him.

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

Mr Lisle
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Mr Lisle » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:46 am

Interesting to see an athlete of this caliber coming in as a walk-on. As often happens, maybe something else fell through. I think he will be paying out-of-State fees which are sizable. Could have hitch-hiked to Cheney or Pullman and walked on. But obviously, he made the right decision.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:49 am

We have a couple out of state walk-ons coming in. It's incredible that they will pay that tuition to try to play on this team.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic