Logan Jones commits

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Cats_Win_Again
BobcatNation Redshirt

Re: Logan Jones commits

Post by Cats_Win_Again » Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:04 pm

[cat_bracket] wrote:Along with everything everyone else has said I'd also say he has great balance. I think he'll give Griebel and Gates a run for their money this fall.
Well I guess our senior captain will be glad you're not coaching..... Jones may challenge a back-up but no one will out-compete an experienced Griebel after all he has gone through to earn his wings. Jones will wisely redshirt with our receiver depth as solid as it is. Disappointing post.
Glad Jones is a Bobcat = STUD..his time will come.

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:50 am

Cats_Win_Again wrote:
[cat_bracket] wrote:Along with everything everyone else has said I'd also say he has great balance. I think he'll give Griebel and Gates a run for their money this fall.
Well I guess our senior captain will be glad you're not coaching..... Jones may challenge a back-up but no one will out-compete an experienced Griebel after all he has gone through to earn his wings. Jones will wisely redshirt with our receiver depth as solid as it is. Disappointing post.
Thanks for the lecture Cpt Obvious, but my guess is our senior captain will gladly step aside if someone is out playing him and gives the TEAM a better chance to win. I'm almost certain one of the reasons he was picked as a captain is his unselfish nature. But worry not, in this offense there'll be 8-9 WRs contributing and Griebel will play regardless of whether Jones pushes him or not. a fact that I hope aids you in unbundling your undies. :)

Cats_Win_Again
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Cats_Win_Again » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:28 pm

[cat_bracket] wrote:
Cats_Win_Again wrote:
Thanks for the lecture Cpt Obvious, but my guess is our senior captain will gladly step aside if someone is out playing him and gives the TEAM a better chance to win. I'm almost certain one of the reasons he was picked as a captain is his unselfish nature. But worry not, in this offense there'll be 8-9 WRs contributing and Griebel will play regardless of whether Jones pushes him or not. a fact that I hope aids you in unbundling your undies. :)
Worried....nope. Just hoping to read more supportive commentary regarding proven Bobcats....I do feel Mitch will be a great mentor to this next young slot as he learns the college game from Coaches Kempt and Cramsey. Leave my undies alone. :)

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:39 pm

Cats_Win_Again wrote:
[cat_bracket] wrote:
Cats_Win_Again wrote:
Worried....nope. Just hoping to read more supportive commentary regarding proven Bobcats....I do feel Mitch will be a great mentor to this next young slot as he learns the college game from Coaches Kempt and Cramsey. Leave my undies alone. :)
There's nothing not supportive in my comment. Jones is good and he will definitely push everyone ahead of him, which is great for the team. If I were a WR, especially slot, he'd have my attention for two reasons. One, he makes me work and focus that much more and two, I'm glad he's on my team. The best players play.

blueandgoldblitz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:20 pm

I have a quick question about Jones. Is he officially a Bobcat yet? Colter said this on signing day
Colter_Nuanez wrote:Hill's letter was sent in, it just got past the official tweeters. Logan Jones has not finished his application so therefore cannot receive an admissions waiver. But he's committed and signed and will be a Bobcat once the paperwork is finished.
Does anyone know if Jones becoming a Bobcat is completely official yet? Or do walk ons not become completely "official" until they start participating in Fall camp?

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:59 pm

blueandgoldblitz wrote:I have a quick question about Jones. Is he officially a Bobcat yet? Colter said this on signing day
Colter_Nuanez wrote:Hill's letter was sent in, it just got past the official tweeters. Logan Jones has not finished his application so therefore cannot receive an admissions waiver. But he's committed and signed and will be a Bobcat once the paperwork is finished.
Does anyone know if Jones becoming a Bobcat is completely official yet? Or do walk ons not become completely "official" until they start participating in Fall camp?

I think walk-ons are free to go anywhere else until they get to camp. The griz just had a kicker who verballed in April as a PWO and switched to Idaho this June.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:34 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
blueandgoldblitz wrote:I have a quick question about Jones. Is he officially a Bobcat yet? Colter said this on signing day

I think walk-ons are free to go anywhere else until they get to camp. The griz just had a kicker who verballed in April as a PWO and switched to Idaho this June.
As much as I don't care for the um'ers, I have to admit that I would prefer it to Idaho.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

lutecat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by lutecat » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:41 am

allcat wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:

As much as I don't care for the um'ers, I have to admit that I would prefer it to Idaho.
Yeah, but UM has like 20 kickers on their team(ok its like 9 but its alot for a team). He has a better chance to play elsewhere.