Pasadena, Calif., DE Chris Robinson commits to MSU

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Re: Pasadena, Calif., DE Chris Robinson commits to MSU

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:09 am

A guy could cut-n-paste the quotes from all these commits and make a great recruiting brochure for MSU. Almost has me wanting to re-enroll. Almost.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

catgrad05
Member # Retired

Post by catgrad05 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:32 am

LongTimeCatFan wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:His frame is just like Aldon Smith of the 49ers. Man, I hope he stays at end. He'd be a beast on the strong edge.
This class addressed each and every aspect of why we were so outmanned on the defensive side last year. I hope the DLs they're bringing in and are working on for last year get their grades straight! Bet we play fast with a lot of rotation on defense next year?
I bet we forget this gap sound bullshat and get back to swarming the football which leads to getting off the damn field for 3 and outs.
must not of watched the same team I did last year our defense was really good at three and outs.............. big yards on 1st down big yards on second down off the field after down three cause they gave up a touchdown. There was no way they where tired most games

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:54 am

catgrad05 wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:His frame is just like Aldon Smith of the 49ers. Man, I hope he stays at end. He'd be a beast on the strong edge.
This class addressed each and every aspect of why we were so outmanned on the defensive side last year. I hope the DLs they're bringing in and are working on for last year get their grades straight! Bet we play fast with a lot of rotation on defense next year?
I bet we forget this gap sound bullshat and get back to swarming the football which leads to getting off the damn field for 3 and outs.
must not of watched the same team I did last year our defense was really good at three and outs.............. big yards on 1st down big yards on second down off the field after down three cause they gave up a touchdown. There was no way they where tired most games
Now! They weren't quite that bad!!! :lol:

MSUcantouchus
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by MSUcantouchus » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:23 am

Chris sounds like a great kid on and off the field.

I hate dark pink

Walk-on
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Walk-on » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:21 pm

LongTimeCatFan wrote:
Mr Lisle wrote:Some one with D-line credentials might be able to comment better on this, but he seems to play tall and would struggle with aggressive D1 offensive linemen. Never-the-less, he is blessed with robo-like qualities and he truly is a beast....taking on all comers. Boy am I glad we have a commit from this guy!
Ya kinda do play high at the end position so you can see in the backfield. All I care about is his quick hands and the ability to hold the POA and he's long enough to string it out to the side and fast enough to get home. This one I'm probably most excited about.
He looks really good, and plays with enthusiasm. He seems to enjoy the roughness of the game, and making offenses miserable, more than the more controlled contact of punkin-pushin. I think this Cat could be really good.

Armchair QB and Monday Morning Extraordinaire

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:12 pm

Walk-on wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
Mr Lisle wrote:Some one with D-line credentials might be able to comment better on this, but he seems to play tall and would struggle with aggressive D1 offensive linemen. Never-the-less, he is blessed with robo-like qualities and he truly is a beast....taking on all comers. Boy am I glad we have a commit from this guy!
Ya kinda do play high at the end position so you can see in the backfield. All I care about is his quick hands and the ability to hold the POA and he's long enough to string it out to the side and fast enough to get home. This one I'm probably most excited about.
He looks really good, and plays with enthusiasm. He seems to enjoy the roughness of the game, and making offenses miserable, more than the more controlled contact of punkin-pushin. I think this Cat could be really good.
He has a lot of upside too. Just watching his videos from his Junior to his Senior year he grew a lot and his speed increased. I don't think he is done growing either so he could end up growing into a great player for the Cats! He will be fun to watch grow in the Cats program.

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:30 pm

Cat Grad wrote:
catgrad05 wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
Now! They weren't quite that bad!!! :lol:
Actually, the defense literally was that bad in some games last year. In the playoff game, 5 of SDSU's 6 TD "drives" consisted of only 2 or 3 plays.